Jump to topic:

Rant about other sites and blocks

SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 11:05:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am happy that you cannot block someone from responding to you here. I have run into issues on other sites where we enter into a debate/discussion in which I get blocked after I do one of the following:
1) Formulate an argument
2) Use sources
3) Refute their arguments
4) Point out logical fallacies

None of those are block worthy, they are not signs that the other person is intelligent, they are only signs that the person is too closed minded and/or insecure about their beliefs.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 3:50:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/17/2014 11:05:59 AM, SNP1 wrote:
I am happy that you cannot block someone from responding to you here. I have run into issues on other sites where we enter into a debate/discussion in which I get blocked after I do one of the following:
1) Formulate an argument
2) Use sources
3) Refute their arguments
4) Point out logical fallacies

None of those are block worthy, they are not signs that the other person is intelligent, they are only signs that the person is too closed minded and/or insecure about their beliefs.

Lol, which websites are these. I have been meaning to just use DDO to debate since it's forums are rather limited in scope, especially on religion which seems to be the topic that interests me most recently.

But yes, I am glad you have the flexibility of opinion here, even for some crazy extreme stuff. Sadly it also means we have a limited userbase...