Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Love and marriage

tabularasa
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 4:21:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What does it mean to say that two people are in love? I am referring to romantic love.
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.
tabularasa
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 9:54:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
bump
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 5:10:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 4:21:15 PM, tabularasa wrote:
What does it mean to say that two people are in love? I am referring to romantic love.

What do you mean specificly?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
tabularasa
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 5:25:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/24/2014 5:10:23 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/23/2014 4:21:15 PM, tabularasa wrote:
What does it mean to say that two people are in love? I am referring to romantic love.

What do you mean specificly?

A man/woman says he/she loves the other romantically. What does this mean? What is "true love"? Is it more than a feeling?

I do not mean this post to exclude homosexual couples, or to imply that romantic love can only take place between a man and a woman. I am also not saying that romantic love can take place between same gender lovers. I do not care about gender or orientation.

I am open to all answers and interpretations. I am interested in them all. However, I am mainly interested in what true love is between a man and a woman, throughout the duration of courtship, culminating in married life, overcoming all obstacles, remaining faithful unto death. Any answers are appreciated. Does this answer satisfy your query?
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 5:53:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/24/2014 5:25:56 PM, tabularasa wrote:
At 12/24/2014 5:10:23 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/23/2014 4:21:15 PM, tabularasa wrote:
What does it mean to say that two people are in love? I am referring to romantic love.

What do you mean specificly?

A man/woman says he/she loves the other romantically. What does this mean? What is "true love"? Is it more than a feeling?

I do not mean this post to exclude homosexual couples, or to imply that romantic love can only take place between a man and a woman. I am also not saying that romantic love can take place between same gender lovers. I do not care about gender or orientation.

I am open to all answers and interpretations. I am interested in them all. However, I am mainly interested in what true love is between a man and a woman, throughout the duration of courtship, culminating in married life, overcoming all obstacles, remaining faithful unto death. Any answers are appreciated. Does this answer satisfy your query?
I have dated both, but I cannot tell you what it is through marriage, because I've never had that expierence. Love can be harsh. To put it simply, love is a mere feeling of affection caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. This to an extreme can make people do stupid things or things that they wouldn't normally do. People can be vengeful fighting over potentional mates both male and females as they can do this as simple fights and sometimes it's murder. The bond when love is committed is to protect the other and if both individuals are fertile they will forever be bounded to protect the child. Sometimes people say love is only for sex, but that is only partially true. Sigmound Freud argues that many of the actions we do is to preserve our own genes and to ensure that our families go on and on for generations.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~