xxdarkxx
Vi_Veri
belle
theLwerd
LeafRod

Third-Party Winner:
mongeese

Roles:
LeafRod, you are Gohan the REGULAR TOWNIE with a twist. If Goku dies your role changes to One-Shot Vigilante that can be used at ANY time. This role is perfect for you because you are a young kid during the Frieza Saga, but emotional trauma gives you temporary super-powers. You win with the TOWN. Respond to confirm your role.

oceanix, you are Captain Ginyu the ROLE-BLOCKER. During each night phase you have the opportunity to stop one player from using their role-power. This role is perfect for you because of your body swap technique. Using this makes your opponent useless. You win with the MAFIA. Respond to confirm your role.

xxdarkxx, you are Bulma the COP. Each Night Phase you have the opportunity to investigate a player to determine whether they are guilty or innocent. This role is perfect for you because you use your Dragon Rador to search for the Dragonballs. You have modified it for so that it now acts as a sort of lie detector. You win with the TOWN. Respond to confirm your role.

alex_hanson911, you are King Kai the MASON RECRUITER. Each Night Phase you have the opportunity to choose one person to recruit into the Masons. You die in the event that you attempt to recruit a Mafia member. This role is perfect for you because you teach many of the Z Warriors how to be masters of combat and through this training strengthen their bonds with each other. You win with the TOWN. Respond to confirm your role.

Vi_Veri, you are Nails the BODYGUARD. During each Night Phase you have the oportunity to protect a person from being killed by the Mafia. The catch 22 is that you die in their place if they are targeted by the Mafia. This role is perfect for you because you protected Guru 'till the very end. You win with the TOWN. Respond to confirm your role.

belle, you are Dende the DOCTOR. During each Night Phase you have the opportunity to protect a player from being killed by the Mafia. This role is perfect for you because after Guru granted you his powers you brought many a Z Warrior back from the brink of death. You win with the TOWN. Respond to confirm your role.

mongeese, you are Vegeta the SURVIVOR. Your only goal is to be alive at the game's conclusion. This role is perfect for you because you don't care what anyone else thinks. You play the game for you. You win be being alive when the game ends. Respond to confirm your role.

wjmelements, you are Lord Frieza the GODFATHER. When being investigated you always turn up innocent. You also have the final say when deciding whom the Mafia kills during the Night Phase. This role is perfect for you because you're THE BOSS. Nobody messes with you, and they wouldn't think of it. You win with the MAFIA. Respond to confirm your role.

Piffler, you are Goku the SACRIFICIAL HERO. At ANY point during the game you have the opportunity to give our life to bring someone else back from the dead. This role is perfect for you because you are quite possibly the most selfless person in the universe and wouldn't even hesitate to give your life for a total stranger. You win with the TOWN. Respond to confirm your role.

Hurstman, you are Piccolo the MERCENARY. At first you have the same powers as a regular townie until someone UNVOTES for you. You then gain a PM with that person and a reduced version of their role-power. This role is perfect for you because Piccolo still considers himself to not be aligned with the rest of the Z Warriors. You win in the same manner as the person that you are aligned with does. Respond to confirm your role.

theLwerd, you are Krillin the REGULAR TOWNIE. You have no special powers. This role is perfect for you because the creative talent behind Dragonball Z really gave you the shaft. You aren't as strong as the others and never will be. Sorry. You win with the TOWN. Respond to confirm your role.

OreEle, you are Zarbon the MAFIA GOON with a ONE-SHOT HITMAN power. ONCE during the ENTIRE GAME you have the option to make the Night Kill be successful regardless of protection roles. This role is perfect for you because you are not a very important player in Frieza's army, but under the right circumstances your power is incredibly lethal. You win with the MAFIA. Respond to confirm your role.

The Role I invented: Mercenary
I thought of the mercenary before even thinking of this game. Here is a more detailed description:

At first the mercenary is no different than a regular town member with no role powers. When a criteria set by the mod occurs in-game, in this case UNVOTING for the mercenary, the player with this role gains a PM with whomever fulfilled the criteria and a one-shot or otherwise limited version of that person's role power. This is in a sense "hiring" the mercenary for the remainder of the game. In addition to gaining an alliance with their "employer" the mercenary also becomes affiliated with those that the employer is affiliated with. For instance, if the employer is Mafia the mercenary becomes Mafia, if the employer is a Mason the Mercenary becomes a Mason, same with cult and so-on.

The role was utilized in this game when theLwerd UNVOTED for Hurstman, who was the mercenary. She was a regular townie. Therefore, Hurstman became a townie and gained a PM with theLwerd. Since she was just a regular townie he did not get any new powers.

As a final note, if the criteria for hiring the mercenary never occurs in the game they win by being alive at the game's conclusion.

Day Phase 1:
- The players lynched OreEle, a Mafia member

Night Phase 1:
- The cop investigated wjmelements
- The doctor protected belle
- The bodyguard protected belle
- The mason recruiter recruited Vi_Veri
- The role-blocker blocked theLwerd
- The Mafia killed alex_hanson911

Day Phase 2:
- The mercenary was hired by theLwerd
- The players lynched wjmelements

Night Phase 2:
- The cop was role-blocked while attempting to investigate oceanix
- The doctor protected xxdarkxx
- The bodyguard protected belle
- The mason recruiter recruited mongeese
- The role-blocker blocked xxdarkxx
- The mafia killed alex_hanson11

Day Phase 3:
- The one-shot vigilante killed oceanix,the last remaining mafia member

I will post archives in a few hours, as it is very late where I am.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2010 10:43:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
How was i killed on night phase 1 and 2?
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2010 10:45:02 PM
At 5/30/2010 10:43:41 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
How was i killed on night phase 1 and 2?

Woops, Piffler was killed on Night Phase 1, not alex_hanson911.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2010 10:52:45 PM
Do Nameks even have a concept of commerce? Makes Piccolo the mercenary seem rather unlikely.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2010 10:59:29 PM
The Nameks culturally may not. I'm not sure. But Piccolo is really just a member of the species. I wouldn't really call him a Namekian perse.
oceanix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 7:21:22 AM
If I had been able to get on, I would have posted a sob story about how the mafia roleblocked dark to make it look like I was mafia. I intentionally killed the mason recruiter (I was pretty sure it was alex) because I figured that if I survived DP3, then they wouldn't be able to use the recruiter to investigate me.

This was a tough game for mafia once we started role claiming because a) the story included so many of the characters, and b) the game had already been played before, so people had information that basically confirmed the mafia.

I would also have blamed the "we wouldn't have a gov in a game this small" on the fact that it was a newer mod. After all, we had a miller.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 8:21:56 AM
At 5/31/2010 7:21:22 AM, oceanix wrote:
If I had been able to get on, I would have posted a sob story about how the mafia roleblocked dark to make it look like I was mafia. I intentionally killed the mason recruiter (I was pretty sure it was alex) because I figured that if I survived DP3, then they wouldn't be able to use the recruiter to investigate me.

Good call :) Well done, actually...

This was a tough game for mafia once we started role claiming because a) the story included so many of the characters, and b) the game had already been played before, so people had information that basically confirmed the mafia.

Lol in KRF's game he spells out which roles are and are not in the game so it should be pretty easy for us to win as the mafia won't be able to make up fake role claims at all.

I would also have blamed the "we wouldn't have a gov in a game this small" on the fact that it was a newer mod. After all, we had a miller.

But we didn't have a miller :P And besides, the Governor is a role you can prove and people would have asked you to prove it... Again, a good effort though! I mean it sincerely :)
President of DDO
oceanix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 8:25:25 AM
Thanks. I didn't know much about DBZ, and I was just told to claim Chi Chi. After reading the wiki, the governor was the only role that I could possibly give her besides vanilla, which probably wouldn't have been believed as we already had vanillas (in a game this size...). I would have said something like "I don't want to save someone who is mafia to avoid having to use it.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 6:01:40 PM
I believe we were screwed from the start. There was a fixed character set, and every character had been used with the same alignment in a previous game. We also started out with 1/4, the minimum mafia size, against a town with no vanillas.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light