Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

What are you loyal to?

innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 2:15:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Anything? Anyone?
Got a boss who is also a friend, and I am wondering if that is a conflict, and if my loyalties are enhanced by this relationship. Another friend of mine always tells me that business is business and bottom line is bottom line - so loyalty is irrelevant.

Are you loyal to your friends? Family? Anything beyond that, or anything less than that? Is it a liability?
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 7:57:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I am intensely loyal to people that I consider to be close friends and family. If I were the boss of a friend, the friendship would definitely come before my employer. Is that what you were asking?
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 9:58:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/2/2010 7:57:51 PM, JBlake wrote:
I am intensely loyal to people that I consider to be close friends and family. If I were the boss of a friend, the friendship would definitely come before my employer. Is that what you were asking?

Well there's more to it than that, but i didn't want to make it about me, was just more curious about how loyal a person is and to what.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 11:15:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/4/2010 11:11:03 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
My closest friend. Other than that there isn't really anybody.

Not even Allah?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 11:17:14 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/4/2010 11:15:02 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/4/2010 11:11:03 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
My closest friend. Other than that there isn't really anybody.

Not even Allah?

Haha, Allah too I suppose. :P
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 8:09:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/1/2010 2:15:02 PM, innomen wrote:
Anything? Anyone?
Got a boss who is also a friend, and I am wondering if that is a conflict, and if my loyalties are enhanced by this relationship. Another friend of mine always tells me that business is business and bottom line is bottom line - so loyalty is irrelevant.

Are you loyal to your friends? Family? Anything beyond that, or anything less than that? Is it a liability?

I'm loyal to everyone, God, friends, and family, but it's hard when some aren't loyal to me =/
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 9:25:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. God
2. Country
3. Corps
4. Family
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 9:51:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/9/2014 8:09:51 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 6/1/2010 2:15:02 PM, innomen wrote:
Anything? Anyone?
Got a boss who is also a friend, and I am wondering if that is a conflict, and if my loyalties are enhanced by this relationship. Another friend of mine always tells me that business is business and bottom line is bottom line - so loyalty is irrelevant.

Are you loyal to your friends? Family? Anything beyond that, or anything less than that? Is it a liability?

I'm loyal to everyone, God, friends, and family, but it's hard when some aren't loyal to me =/

All hail the Necroposter!
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 4:34:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/1/2010 2:15:02 PM, innomen wrote:
Anything? Anyone?
Got a boss who is also a friend, and I am wondering if that is a conflict, and if my loyalties are enhanced by this relationship. Another friend of mine always tells me that business is business and bottom line is bottom line - so loyalty is irrelevant.

Are you loyal to your friends? Family? Anything beyond that, or anything less than that? Is it a liability?

I am extremely loyal to anyone I care about.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam