Jump to topic:

Highest agreement percentage

gamemaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 11:39:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm curious what is the highest agreement percentage between 2 people that have completed all or almost all issue stances.

Until now the highest I have seen is 81% with wonderwoman.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 11:50:16 AM
At 6/7/2010 11:46:52 AM, JBlake wrote:
I used to have a 100% agreement rate with Volkov. I am sure it has changed since then.

Now its just 94% agreement. xD
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 11:53:14 AM
At 6/7/2010 11:52:29 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm pretty sure Geo and I are at 98% agreement unless it has changed since I last checked...

Oh, it's 93%. Nevermind.
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 11:54:11 AM
Me and Geo are 100%.
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 11:56:29 AM
At 6/7/2010 11:39:13 AM, gamemaster wrote:
I'm curious what is the highest agreement percentage between 2 people that have completed all or almost all issue stances.

Until now the highest I have seen is 81% with wonderwoman.

We are in 87% agreement.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 11:56:31 AM
At 6/7/2010 11:55:42 AM, Mirza wrote:
I am not in a 100% agreement with anyone I have seen here.

It's because nobody else here supports Shari'a Law. :P jk, jk... I support some aspects of it.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 11:57:08 AM
I'm 100% with TheSkeptic and Freedo last I checked, and Anarcho as well.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 12:06:53 PM
After Vi at 94, I haven't seen anyone with a higher agreement ratio to me than JBlake all the way down at 74.19% lol.
President of DDO
gamemaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 12:14:50 PM
What high percentages! But I saw some of you don't complete all issues. Why?

I mean I understand to be undecided about something but some of you don't respond at all to some issues.

Also, regarding issues, I was surprised that prostitution is not on the list. It is a controversial issue and it's legality is subject of debate. To a lesser degree, incest too. I saw a documentary about some people who fall in love with their sister/brother but then risk prison if they want to have a relashionship.

Another thing I wanted to say, it would be cool to be able to search people by agreement percentage. It would be more easy to make friends with other members.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 12:17:11 PM
At 6/7/2010 12:14:50 PM, gamemaster wrote:

I mean I understand to be undecided about something but some of you don't respond at all to some issues.

Also, regarding issues, I was surprised that prostitution is not on the list. It is a controversial issue and it's legality is subject of debate. To a lesser degree, incest too. I saw a documentary about some people who fall in love with their sister/brother but then risk prison if they want to have a relashionship.

Another thing I wanted to say, it would be cool to be able to search people by agreement percentage. It would be more easy to make friends with other members.

Prostitution: con
Incest: con

There. Now the site knows my views on those. ^^
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 12:26:19 PM

Sometimes what the issue is 'asking' is unclear, or sometimes one doesn't want to express their views for fear of judgment or being misunderstood. For instance under Patriotism I chose to put N/S - not saying. That's because when I think of patriotism, I think of nationalism, and I think nationalism is retarded. I also think that most extreme patriots are kind of weird; the kind of people who don't see the irony in praising free speech but being opposed to flag burning. In that sense, no, I am not a patriot. I am also against a lot of the recent endeavors of the United States, so I haven't been supporting my country either (that's why I am also N/S next to United States). On the other hand, I do like what the US is supposed to stand for, I do like living here, and I do not see anything inherently wrong with patriotism so I'm not exactly opposed to it either. As such I just list N/S for a bunch of things but explain my view a little bit in the box.

Also, regarding issues, I was surprised that prostitution is not on the list. It is a controversial issue and it's legality is subject of debate. To a lesser degree, incest too.

Prostitution: Pro
Incest: Pro

True. It would also be cool to befriend those you might not agree with so much as well.
President of DDO
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 12:26:57 PM
At 6/7/2010 12:17:11 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Prostitution: con
Incest: con

There. Now the site knows my views on those. ^^

What's your position on whether or not they should be legal?
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 12:26:59 PM
I don't remember seeing more than 80% agreement with anyone, though it's rather pointless since there are differing interpretations. Traditionally I would be pro gay marriage, but I choose to put con because I think marriage is ridiculous as a legal status to begin with. Not saying I hold that position now (I wrote that a while ago, not high enough on my priorities to change it), but there's an example.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
gamemaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 12:42:51 PM
At 6/7/2010 12:26:19 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Prostitution: Pro
Incest: Pro

True. It would also be cool to befriend those you might not agree with so much as well.

I am also Pro prostitution and Pro incest. Some people sell their time and abilities, others their sexuality; both should be free to do it. And yes, I don't want to have only friends with whom I agree with, but you should know that because I wanted to add you as friend and you rejected.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 1:06:13 PM
I have, or have had 100% agreement (or very close to it) with quite a lot of people here including Rob1billion, InsertNameHere, Volkov, Maikuru, LeetHal, Lukas, Brycef, TombLikeBomb, LeafRod, ournamestoolong, Common_Sense_Please, Anacharsis and sherlockmethod.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 1:07:42 PM
At 6/7/2010 1:06:13 PM, feverish wrote:
I have, or have had 100% agreement (or very close to it) with quite a lot of people here including Rob1billion, InsertNameHere, Volkov, Maikuru, LeetHal, Lukas, Brycef, TombLikeBomb, LeafRod, ournamestoolong, Common_Sense_Please, Anacharsis and sherlockmethod.

Haha, I even remember when our 100% agreement rate was broken - when I went "con" against affirmative action. We had a little about it too. xD
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 1:23:42 PM
At 6/7/2010 12:07:38 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Well, Geo's at 92.86 but in all fairness he doesn't have a lot filled out. Hmm.

Huh. That's interesting. 100%.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 1:41:43 PM
At 6/7/2010 1:39:08 PM, Nags wrote:
At 6/7/2010 1:36:22 PM, JBlake wrote:
Nags and I have a 100% agreement rate.

Almost. But not quite.

How is it exactly that JBlake has had a 100% agreement rate with me, and also one with you? That's just odd. A true moderate.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 1:43:15 PM
At 6/7/2010 1:41:43 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/7/2010 1:39:08 PM, Nags wrote:
At 6/7/2010 1:36:22 PM, JBlake wrote:
Nags and I have a 100% agreement rate.

Almost. But not quite.

How is it exactly that JBlake has had a 100% agreement rate with me, and also one with you? That's just odd. A true moderate.

(and entirely untrue). It was a joke because Nags and I disagree so much.