18. OreEle - Mafia
19. Korashk - Mafia Godfather
20. Clockwork - Mafia
21. SportsGuru - Town Watcher
22. Zetsubou - Town
23. Lukas - Mafia Janitor
24. feverish - Town

Mafia Win!

The mafia earned this win. Not only did theLwerd twice avoid lynching after being found guilty by the cop, but they also twice managed to frame the same person as the cop's target. All this despite having two inactive mafia. The mafia errors that stand out are Lukas' last minute friending of fellow mafia and mongoose's failure to conceal his alignment from his brother. However, these slip-ups weren't enough to stop the mafia from executing a near perfect game.

Major Issues

The town struggled due to a few major issues. First, Koopin got himself mod killed early in the game, giving the mafia a free elimination.

Wjmelements killed two townies, one of which was the Tracker. This was somewhat balanced by his elimination of Lukas, but the Tracker--when smartly combined with the watcher--is a major obstacle for the mafia and an important townie resource. Also, JBlake is a good player.

DontBeRacist revealed his role. This led to him being framed and lynched.

SportsGuru watched the cop. This wasn't his fault as we was doing what the town was suggesting. Still, the town would have gotten a lot more information had he watched the Doctor instead.

Minor Issues

There were some minor things that could have helped the town if they had been played right, but didn't really factor all that much into the mafia's win.

DontBeRacist, the doctor, chose to protect theLwerd for Night Phases 1 - 3 despite the town explicitly asking him to cover the cop. This didn't affect the outcome of the game since the mafia assumed the cop was protected all along. He also failed to submit a night action at all on Night Phase 4, but it was not likely he would have protected that night's target anyway seeing as the town asked him to cover the cop.

Wjmelements failed to submit a night action on night phase 5. If he had killed a mafia, the game could have turned around. Of course, killing a townie would have ended the game, so it would have been a tough call either way. So, minor issue.

Moderator Fail

I was not clear in how the janitor role worked. In the text, I said it hides only the role and not the alignment. This means, everyone listed as simply "Town" instead of "Town Doctor" or "Town Cop" has the potential of having had their role hidden. However, it came to my attention that this is not how DDO members are used to the role operating. The mafia chose to janitor oceanix, who had no role to hide. The town figured it was never used. Next time, I'll just hide everything about the player and make it clear they were janitored. I would feel much more terrible about this if the mafia hadn't been so successful in all other areas.

I didn't handle inactivity all that well. I replaced Bellum, but he kindly let me know he couldn't be available. OreEle and Clockwork were notoriously absent and I recommend blacklisting them from future games. OreEle hasn't played much, so maybe one game isn't enough to judge, but Clockwork has been inactive in the last several games in a row according to both theLwerd and Vi. In the future, I'll just mod-kill inactive players. It just makes my life easier.

Excel Spreadsheet

I built a spreasheet to manage my game. If you're interested in every detail, and you own Excel 2007, it can be downloaded at http://isupport.srpcs.com....

The spreadsheet uses custom macros to automate a lot of tasks, such as preformatting the vote count for the DDO boards. I have saved a template version of my spreadsheet and created some instructions on how to use it. You can view the instructions and download the template at http://isupport.srpcs.com.... Again, it requires Excel 2007.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 10:47:39 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Vigilante:
Justification for each kill.

Zetsubou:
It seemed recommended by the town. I didn't follow DP1.
JBlake:
At 5/25/2010 4:55:38 PM, JBlake wrote:
For the record, I think feverish is innocent. It is too late now since he has more than enough votes.
His entire speech seemed most defensive and unnecessary. As if he'd wanted to appear innocent when feverish came up innocent. But I guessed wrong.
Lukas:
He should have been lynched DP3 but we couldn't get one more vote. If he weren't mafia, the mafia would have been able to scramble within the last day to scrounge in that last vote.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 10:54:59 AM
I think the vigilante did well. I would kill Zetsubou no matter what in any game. He's just THAT bad of a player. Even if I was a mason with him I would probably advocate killing him lol. He's just more detrimental than useful. Also I WOULD HAVE KILLED JBLAKE TOO if I was the vigilante. I agree that his comment was scummy. Killing Lukas was obviously good and not killing anyone in the end was good because one mistake could have cost the town the game as KRF said.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 10:55:12 AM
At 6/9/2010 10:51:51 AM, mongeese wrote:
KRF, what about Rezz? Had he been shot or not?

Yes, we tried to kill him on NP2.
President of DDO
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 10:56:21 AM
At 6/9/2010 10:55:12 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 6/9/2010 10:51:51 AM, mongeese wrote:
KRF, what about Rezz? Had he been shot or not?

Yes, we tried to kill him on NP2.

Then Rezz's mistake should most definitely go on the Major Issues.
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 10:56:31 AM
The vigilante is a tough role. If you venture on your own and kill a mafia, you're a hero. When you kill a townie, you're the villain. Killing Zetsubou, I now realize, was the will of the people. Of course, it was for all the wrong reasons. Killing a townie, no matter how annoying, still gives the mafia a free kill.
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 10:58:05 AM
At 6/9/2010 10:56:21 AM, mongeese wrote:

You're right. I forgot to add that as a Major Issue. I was surprised that the didn't show Lukas as the attempted killer the very next day. Rezz should also be cited for this hostility in the final day. It made him appear very defensive and scummy.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 10:59:28 AM
At 6/9/2010 10:56:31 AM, KRFournier wrote:
The vigilante is a tough role. If you venture on your own and kill a mafia, you're a hero. When you kill a townie, you're the villain. Killing Zetsubou, I now realize, was the will of the people. Of course, it was for all the wrong reasons. Killing a townie, no matter how annoying, still gives the mafia a free kill.

Yes, but Zetsubou is detrimental in every game. He consistently works against the town. I would kill Zets no matter what. He was the JOAT and killed me - a confirmed townie - (the MASON VIGILANTE) in Vi's game. He simply does not follow instructions. He doesn't use logic. His reasoning is god-awful and always wrong. Etc. Him being alive could HELP the mafia; his being alive has helped the mafia in several other games. Ergo on balance it is worth giving the mafia a free kill (Zetsubou... big deal he sucks anyway...) as opposed to him going out on random rampages and killing other good players or working against other good players. He's anti-town no matter what. Even if I was a townie I would advocate killing him. Plus there was a 1/3 chance he was a mafioso which are okay odds for a vigilante to take out that early.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 11:00:12 AM
At 6/9/2010 10:58:05 AM, KRFournier wrote:

You're right. I forgot to add that as a Major Issue. I was surprised that the didn't show Lukas as the attempted killer the very next day.

See, Vi? It wasn't scummy for me to call out Lukas as the killer because he WAS the killer :P
President of DDO
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 11:01:44 AM
The mafia knew I was wasn't bulletproof because they'd hit Rezz. I'm surprised that they didn't kill me after I made a statement that made me either Bullet-Proof or the Vigilante. Did yall know who the watcher was?
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 11:03:43 AM
I didn't actually use my role the first Night Phase, and if I did, I would have blocked mongeese and ended up saving myself. I wasn't told of the time limit until a point when I wouldn't be on until the limit ended.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 11:05:13 AM
At 6/9/2010 11:03:52 AM, wjmelements wrote:
PS: ToastOfDestiny is next if he's still around.

IMO, he's inactive. He hasn't updated in 7 months. http://debate.org...
Still, give him 3 or 4 days to show up. It looks like he checked in 5 days ago to gauge where KRF's game was.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 11:09:44 AM
At 6/9/2010 11:01:44 AM, wjmelements wrote:
The mafia knew I was wasn't bulletproof because they'd hit Rezz. I'm surprised that they didn't kill me after I made a statement that made me either Bullet-Proof or the Vigilante. Did yall know who the watcher was?

Exactly. We knew you were the Vig because Rezz survived our night kill. We didn't want to kill you because wanted to take out the Watcher first whom I deduced was SportsGuru. I figured this out based on who claimed vanilla, by noting that the watcher was not a mason, and by deducing that someone new/silly would make me vote for Vi on DP1 (in other words SportsGuru was too good of a player to do that), etc. It was between SG and Alex for who was watcher but I bet on SG based on activity levels (his was less leading me to believe Alex was a mason).
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 11:09:55 AM
At 6/9/2010 11:05:13 AM, wjmelements wrote:

Still, give him 3 or 4 days to show up. It looks like he checked in 5 days ago to gauge where KRF's game was.

He said to give the game to the next person until he returns. So JBlake is next.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 11:10:11 AM
At 6/9/2010 11:05:13 AM, wjmelements wrote:

We agreed to skip him so it's JBlake's turn but as soon as he comes back (he is gone for the summer) he will go next...
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 11:12:35 AM
At 6/9/2010 11:00:12 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 6/9/2010 10:58:05 AM, KRFournier wrote:

You're right. I forgot to add that as a Major Issue. I was surprised that the didn't show Lukas as the attempted killer the very next day.

See, Vi? It wasn't scummy for me to call out Lukas as the killer because he WAS the killer :P

Mhm. Thanks, Rezz.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 3:17:36 PM
lol well done mafia, some quality framing going on.

Fail town, I called out no less than 5 mafia on DP1, was swiftly eliminated and still nobody paid attention to what I'd said. Duh.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 3:52:38 PM
Feverish, we dominated. My analysis: Not only did we get away with losing only 2 of 8 mafia (which is awesome considering the 1:3 ratio - and I think a mafia record) but we lost one of those 2 mafia on DP1 thanks to mongeese looking at his brother's account while he was logged in (as he does in every game). Not to mention you called out our ENTIRE MAFIA with the exception of me -- who fortunately friended Lukas awhile ago -- and I was not the Godfather as well as a very easy/early target for investigations and framing. I escaped 2 guilty investigations. I figured out who had every single role by like np3. We prevailed even with a botched Janitor attempt (we didn't get to use it how you're used to so it was helpless). Our framer was used well 2x. We had 3 entirely inactive players including Lukas after dp2. The doctor and cop claimed early with the watcher still alive. The day phase to lynch Lukas was extended and then even the deadline was pushed back again. Overall we got through every obstacle and turned negatives into positives lol good job, team. I thought the mafia was dommed considering all of the roles were spelled out in the beginning among other stuff... I am really shocked but I think this was one of the best games we've played :) Most fun I mean.
President of DDO
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 4:23:39 PM
At 6/9/2010 10:54:59 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I think the vigilante did well. I would kill Zetsubou no matter what in any game. He's just THAT bad of a player. Even if I was a mason with him I would probably advocate killing him lol. He's just more detrimental than useful. Also I WOULD HAVE KILLED JBLAKE TOO if I was the vigilante. I agree that his comment was scummy. Killing Lukas was obviously good and not killing anyone in the end was good because one mistake could have cost the town the game as KRF said.

I thought my comment was really innocent. I explained why I did not retract the vote, because there were already more than enough votes to kill him, even without mine. Also, I was trying to hurry up and post that thought before KRF posted the end of the phase, which he actually did post about 30 seconds before I did. I I had taken the time to unvote and explain more fully it would have been much later than KRF's post and I would risk penalty.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 4:28:28 PM
At 6/9/2010 4:22:34 PM, Puck wrote:
Well done Mafia. I was cringing at some of the town stuff. >.<

Me too. I would have had Lwerd killed the first time she came up guilty. Also, at the endgame I would have asked for a mass reveal. Lwerd led a sort of mass reveal, then quickly rushed people into voting for Rezz. Oddly, the town followed the one player who had come up guilty twice. Boo. Great job, Lwerd!

I think the game ball goes to Lwerd.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 4:52:02 PM
Yes, f u c k you all.

I'll be back to mafia as a mod later. Not playing this game anymore.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 4:56:02 PM
At 6/9/2010 4:28:28 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 6/9/2010 4:22:34 PM, Puck wrote:
Well done Mafia. I was cringing at some of the town stuff. >.<

Me too. I would have had Lwerd killed the first time she came up guilty.

I wouldn't have, just as I wouldn't have killed you the first or even second time you came up guilty. As a player and especially as a mod I have noticed that the same people are targets NO MATTER WHAT and those people are always me, you and Ragnar... however RR I think is an overrated mafia player; his performance has never won games whereas mine and yours has (being honest) for a particular side. Since you and myself are always the target then I think with a framer investigations on us are kind of useless.

Also, at the endgame I would have asked for a mass reveal. Lwerd led a sort of mass reveal, then quickly rushed people into voting for Rezz. Oddly, the town followed the one player who had come up guilty twice. Boo. Great job, Lwerd!

On the contrary, I did not push anyone to vote for Rezz. I was the LAST person to vote for Rezz. I kept my vote on Dark and presented a very logical list containing mafia (and many of the people I mentioned were in fact mafia). Rezz made himself look guilty (his performance).

I think the game ball goes to Lwerd.

Ty, ty.
President of DDO
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 4:56:24 PM
Just read through the thread.

Was originally under the impression that KRF had admitted that he didn't actually mother f u c k ing TELL ME THAT I HAD BEEN SHOT AND MY ABILITY HAD BEEN USED UP so I'm not actually GOD D A M N LYING.

You want a screenshot? Just ask. I'll prove that this "Major Issue" Is NOT my fault.

You're going down if you lie, KRF. Gonna spill the beans?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 5:25:42 PM
Actually, screw that.

Just go and worship L and keep on thinking I made fatal errors and screwed over the town, instead of KRF fatally screwing me over and not admitting it.

Ruining everyone's fun for the f*cking truth when those same people don't care about the f*cking truth isn't worth my time.

That thing I said about not playing any more mafia games? I'm sure you don't remember, but I'm keeping that. Save me some brain cells, and more fun for the rest of you. No more always-pissy-srs-bzns Rezz in your way.

I'm out.

F u c k you all.

mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 6:12:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that I was going to die, message or not, but had I been able to use my role, I'd have blocked him. I just never knew about the time limit until it was too late.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.