American Revolution Mafia DayPhase1

JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 4:42:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Rules

1. All votes must be in bold to be counted. You have three options: vote <name>, unvote, or no lynch. Vote <name> is a vote to lynch said player. Unvote removes an active vote <name> or no lynch vote. No lynch is a vote to end the day without lynching.

2. A greater than 50% unanimity must be reached during a day phase in order to carry out a lynch or no lynch. They day phase officially ends when I declare it as such. I will declare the end of a day phase as soon as I am online and able to confirm a majority vote. So, for example, if a majority vote is reached during the day, but someone retracts their vote before I declare the day's end, then the day continues.

3. Players must not discuss the game outside of the day phase threads and private PMs I have started. I will be included in all PMs between privileged parties. If you, as a player, are invited to a PM under the pretense that it is "official," confirm that I am on the list of recipients. If not, report those players immediately. The penalty for violating this rule is immediate mod killing.

4. Dead players are not permitted to participate in the game, including both private PMs and the day phase treads. I will let uninformative comments slide such as, "Avenge me, townies!" However, if you reveal information that gives a demonstrable edge to either side, I will punish the party to which you were affiliated. For instance, if you were mafia, were killed, and said something too revealing from your grave, then the mafia will lose their next night phase. The same goes for townies.

5. No copying and pasting from private PMs between you and me.

6. Be courteous to your fellow players. This game loses fun if you are inconsiderate to others, whether by direct abuse or simply by not showing up. This game is most fun when players… well… play. If you have to be gone for a day or two, let your fellow players know.

7. You may communicate with me directly via the PMs I started with you when you were first invited. Also, please use these for your night phase actions so I don't have to keep track of brand new PM threads all the time.

8. Some of you have roles in this game. There are no rules against revealing these roles. Choosing when and how to reveal your role (or pretend to reveal your role) is part of the strategy of this game.

9. To avoid this game going on for months, there will be phase limits. Each day phase has a 5 day limit. Each night phase has a 2 day limit. Day phases that reach the limit end in a no lynch. Night phases that reach the limit will cause actions not submitted to be forfeit. These limits are flexible and can be changed pending special circumstances.

12. The townies win when all mafia are eliminated. The mafia wins as soon as they meet or beat the townies in number.

13. Inactive players are subject to replacement.

===============

Players
1. KRFournier
2. Ibap
3. wjmelements
4. LeafRod
5. SportsGuru
6. Hurstman
7. mongoose
8. theLwerd
9. Vi_Veri
10. Comoncents
11. Nags
12. feverish
13. xxdarkxx
14. mongeese
15. Puck
16. belle
17.Alex
18. oceanix
19. Korashk
20. Innomen
21. BQP
22. BigMac
23. ccstate4peat

============

You may begin.

Please note that I will be away from the computer for the night. I ask that someone keep a running tally of the votes.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 5:10:33 PM
Hi. Now what?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 5:32:16 PM
At 6/11/2010 5:15:17 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
At 6/11/2010 5:10:33 PM, mongoose wrote:
Hi. Now what?

We lynch the redcoats

Says the guy whose avatar has a red jersey... suspicious...

lol, jk
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 5:37:13 PM
Question: What is the difference between BigMac and ccstate4peat? I thought they were the same person? That said I'm sticking to my typical lynch strategy on DP1 and will probably be voting comoncents (or CC depending on who he is... so CC who are you and have you ever played this game before?).

Also, Vi and I will not have internet at our house until Monday evening so our participation will be limited. I'm speaking on her behalf cuz she's at work and then has to work a double shift (12 hours) tomorrow, and then again Sunday until 4... so yeah.
President of DDO
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 5:40:07 PM
At 6/11/2010 5:37:13 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Question: What is the difference between BigMac and ccstate4peat?

No clue.

That said I'm sticking to my typical lynch strategy on DP1 and will probably be voting comoncents

Not a bad idea. He's a bad player either way.
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 5:44:38 PM
At 6/11/2010 5:37:13 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Question: What is the difference between BigMac and ccstate4peat? I thought they were the same person? That said I'm sticking to my typical lynch strategy on DP1 and will probably be voting comoncents (or CC depending on who he is... so CC who are you and have you ever played this game before?).

Also, Vi and I will not have internet at our house until Monday evening so our participation will be limited. I'm speaking on her behalf cuz she's at work and then has to work a double shift (12 hours) tomorrow, and then again Sunday until 4... so yeah.

Yes I've played this before. I've played a ton of epicmafia but not as much here because you guys lynch me for not liking me D1 every single time.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 5:45:08 PM
At 6/11/2010 5:38:19 PM, Nags wrote:
RNG or no?

Do it. RNG gets discussion rolling.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 5:48:23 PM
At 6/11/2010 5:44:38 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
Yes I've played this before. I've played a ton of epicmafia but not as much here because you guys lynch me for not liking me D1 every single time.

1. Are you BigMac?
2. Can you prove that you're not (Facebook?)
3. Seems awfully convenient that you both "came back" at the same time...

Anyway I don't like RNG. It's best to use my strategy which I assert and prove in like every game lol. Vote comoncents to get conversation started if anything. Even if CC is double accounting he's at least very familiar with the game.
President of DDO
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 5:50:48 PM
At 6/11/2010 5:45:08 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 6/11/2010 5:38:19 PM, Nags wrote:
RNG or no?

Do it. RNG gets discussion rolling.

I did it and got 17. But I don't know how to prove it -- like with the thing Ragnar uses.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 5:59:04 PM
17 would be alex_hanson911, but can we trust Nags to produce a truly random number? Sadly, we don't have any random indicator from the Politician to use.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 6:02:17 PM
At 6/11/2010 5:58:02 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
At 6/11/2010 5:50:05 PM, wjmelements wrote:
ccstate is not double-accounting.

or so you think O.o???

no, I'm not anymore, seriously

I don't believe you, but I kinda don't care.

Nevertheless Nags rolled Alex and I don't think it'd be too risky to quesiton him. However my strategy for choosing the weakest link (so to speak) is so that we can distinguish if they're playing bad because they're mafia or because they just happen to not be good at this game. For instance, Insert and Zetsubou play bad (anti-town) consistently regardless of their alignment. If we're gonna choose someone to "randomly" pressure then it may as well be someone who will give us some information about their playing style or who we could help figure out how to use their role to our advantage, etc. I'm keeping my vote on comoncents rather than Alex because I think comon is harder to get a read on in terms of playing style (ability).
President of DDO
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 6:04:39 PM
Alright, I guess it does make sense to eliminate the weakest links first, as they can potentially play well only when guided by Mafia, I guess.

VOTE TO LYNCH COMMONCENTS
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 6:28:38 PM
Upon JBlake's request...

comoncents (Lwerd, mongeese) -- 2/12 votes needed to lynch

I'm also out for the night.
President of DDO
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 6:43:30 PM
Lynch comoncents.

I wouldn't trust someone with an unsubstantiated rng either. Besides, comon is terrible at this game anyway.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 7:09:23 PM
I'm going to wait before adding anything more for now.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 7:30:16 PM
L¥ñçh comoncents

I'm all for pressuring him.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 7:33:45 PM
At 6/11/2010 5:48:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 6/11/2010 5:44:38 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:

1. Are you BigMac?
2. Can you prove that you're not (Facebook?)
3. Seems awfully convenient that you both "came back" at the same time...

Anyway I don't like RNG. It's best to use my strategy which I assert and prove in like every game lol. Vote comoncents to get conversation started if anything. Even if CC is double accounting he's at least very familiar with the game.

Fair. So did we find anything. I am obviously innocent.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 7:36:43 PM
At 6/11/2010 7:30:16 PM, Korashk wrote:
L¥ñçh comoncents

I'm all for pressuring him.

No need for pressure. I am good. Lets get people talking. I am innocent. Role claiming prob is not a great idea.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 7:39:08 PM
At 6/11/2010 7:38:12 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 6/11/2010 7:33:45 PM, comoncents wrote:
I am obviously innocent.

How so?

I am replying and I know who and what I am. You have to trust me.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 7:40:39 PM
At 6/11/2010 7:39:08 PM, comoncents wrote:

Oh, that changes everything.

Unvot....

Wait a second. This does nothing for us.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 7:40:42 PM
At 6/11/2010 7:38:12 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 6/11/2010 7:33:45 PM, comoncents wrote:
I am obviously innocent.

How so?

I can guarantee 100% that I am with the good guys. Guarantee by taking my word and lets get a real threat on our first lynch.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 7:41:13 PM
At 6/11/2010 7:40:39 PM, Nags wrote:

Oh, that changes everything.

Unvot....

Wait a second. This does nothing for us.

I know. But take my word for it.