Total Posts:53|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

When will you leave DDO?

XLAV
Posts: 13,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:18:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
We will all reach the inevitable end of our DDO lives when we will get bored of DDO, get banned in DDO, get harassed off the site or maybe even die in real life.

I'm guessing I might still be in DDO for a year or two, and after that, I'll be visitngthe site once a month. My reason is probably boredom.

What about you? When do you think you'll leave, and why?
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:19:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I see no end in sight for me.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:19:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:19:13 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I see no end in sight for me.

Perhaps death.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:36:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:18:03 AM, XLAV wrote:
Probably a while after I get into Uni... but I'll try to keep in touch with my pals.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:44:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Unless I reach the point where I'm too busy for DDO, probably not for a long time.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:45:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 6:44:21 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Unless I reach the point where I'm too busy for DDO, probably not for a long time.

I intend on being that guy who's been on DDO for years and years. The "Old Guard Troll". Eventually I'll become the user who's been here the longest.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:52:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Possible reasons for me to leave:
1. Joining the Military (Marines, or Navy)
2. Going to college
3. Dying
4. Boredom
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:53:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't think I'd ever be banned, and the theory of someone being able to harass me is laughable.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:55:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I plan on staying for at least 3-4 years.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:57:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Soon. I retired from mafia, I removed the site from my favorites bar, and I changed my privacy settings to no longer receive emails from the site. I also have a productivity app that reduces how long I can be on non-work sites (60 minutes a day total). It'll take a while, but the appeal is waning.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:34:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 6:53:17 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I don't think I'd ever be banned, and the theory of someone being able to harass me is laughable.

Hey bb
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:35:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:19:40 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:19:13 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I see no end in sight for me.

Perhaps death.

xD
+1

Actually, though, the more people with whom I enjoy talking leave, the more I consider leaving as well.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:40:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 7:35:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Actually, though, the more people with whom I enjoy talking leave, the more I consider leaving as well.
There's always be noobs you can talk to. :P
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:41:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 7:40:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:35:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Actually, though, the more people with whom I enjoy talking leave, the more I consider leaving as well.
There's always be noobs you can talk to. :P

Nah, they're gone in seconds.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:41:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 7:35:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:19:40 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:19:13 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I see no end in sight for me.

Perhaps death.

xD
+1

Actually, though, the more people with whom I enjoy talking leave, the more I consider leaving as well.

That's unfortunate.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:42:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 7:41:32 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:40:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:35:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Actually, though, the more people with whom I enjoy talking leave, the more I consider leaving as well.
There's always be noobs you can talk to. :P

Nah, they're gone in seconds.

Not if you give them a reason to stay by talking with them.
Look at me- I almost didn't veer out into the forums. I remember when I was #2 on the poll boards... those dark days... rofl.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:45:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 7:42:53 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:41:32 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:40:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:35:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Actually, though, the more people with whom I enjoy talking leave, the more I consider leaving as well.
There's always be noobs you can talk to. :P

Nah, they're gone in seconds.

Not if you give them a reason to stay by talking with them.

Yeah. Every one we talked to during Mikal's brief attempt has vanished from the forums.

Look at me- I almost didn't veer out into the forums. I remember when I was #2 on the poll boards... those dark days... rofl.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:46:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 7:42:53 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:41:32 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:40:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:35:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Actually, though, the more people with whom I enjoy talking leave, the more I consider leaving as well.
There's always be noobs you can talk to. :P

Nah, they're gone in seconds.

Not if you give them a reason to stay by talking with them.
Look at me- I almost didn't veer out into the forums.
I remember when I was #2 on the poll boards... those dark days... rofl.

I originally didn't go into the forums...I joined in February last year, left in March, and came back in October...and I went on the forums, and here I am...DDO consumes most of my time now.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:49:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 7:45:13 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:42:53 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:41:32 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:40:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:35:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Actually, though, the more people with whom I enjoy talking leave, the more I consider leaving as well.
There's always be noobs you can talk to. :P

Nah, they're gone in seconds.

Not if you give them a reason to stay by talking with them.

Yeah. Every one we talked to during Mikal's brief attempt has vanished from the forums.

Why is that?
Because there's no incentive for them to stay.

Many people when first joining think this is a debate site. Period. That people come on here and do debates, and have fun doing it.
They're unaware of the close-knitted community that transpires in the PMs, the forums, everywhere on the site... and because of that, they see no reason to stay.

Look at me- I almost didn't veer out into the forums. I remember when I was #2 on the poll boards... those dark days... rofl.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:49:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 7:46:43 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:42:53 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:41:32 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:40:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:35:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Actually, though, the more people with whom I enjoy talking leave, the more I consider leaving as well.
There's always be noobs you can talk to. :P

Nah, they're gone in seconds.

Not if you give them a reason to stay by talking with them.
Look at me- I almost didn't veer out into the forums.
I remember when I was #2 on the poll boards... those dark days... rofl.

I originally didn't go into the forums...I joined in February last year, left in March, and came back in October...and I went on the forums, and here I am...DDO consumes most of my time now.

Well, we're glad you did come into the forums.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:50:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 7:49:22 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:45:13 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:42:53 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:41:32 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:40:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:35:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Actually, though, the more people with whom I enjoy talking leave, the more I consider leaving as well.
There's always be noobs you can talk to. :P

Nah, they're gone in seconds.

Not if you give them a reason to stay by talking with them.

Yeah. Every one we talked to during Mikal's brief attempt has vanished from the forums.

Why is that?
Because there's no incentive for them to stay.

Many people when first joining think this is a debate site. Period. That people come on here and do debates, and have fun doing it.
They're unaware of the close-knitted community that transpires in the PMs, the forums, everywhere on the site... and because of that, they see no reason to stay.

Please. They had more than incentive. More than enough interest. They just weren't interested.

Look at me- I almost didn't veer out into the forums. I remember when I was #2 on the poll boards... those dark days... rofl.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:51:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 7:49:50 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:46:43 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:42:53 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:41:32 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:40:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/10/2015 7:35:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Actually, though, the more people with whom I enjoy talking leave, the more I consider leaving as well.
There's always be noobs you can talk to. :P

Nah, they're gone in seconds.

Not if you give them a reason to stay by talking with them.
Look at me- I almost didn't veer out into the forums.
I remember when I was #2 on the poll boards... those dark days... rofl.

I originally didn't go into the forums...I joined in February last year, left in March, and came back in October...and I went on the forums, and here I am...DDO consumes most of my time now.

Well, we're glad you did come into the forums.

Thanks. :)
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:51:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:18:03 AM, XLAV wrote:
We will all reach the inevitable end of our DDO lives when we will get bored of DDO, get banned in DDO, get harassed off the site or maybe even die in real life.

I'm guessing I might still be in DDO for a year or two, and after that, I'll be visitngthe site once a month. My reason is probably boredom.

What about you? When do you think you'll leave, and why?

Boredom is what most people will be faced with. But boredom can turn back, as long as you find purpose in what you are doing. That is why I've left so many times and I have always come back.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:55:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 7:50:18 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I love you
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 8:01:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 7:34:36 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/10/2015 6:53:17 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I don't think I'd ever be banned, and the theory of someone being able to harass me is laughable.

Hey bb

Bb?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 8:01:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:19:40 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:19:13 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I see no end in sight for me.

Perhaps death.

*Checks list*
Nope, you're clear for now.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW