Jump to topic:

So....

xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 11:51:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Today I went to Saginaw, where me and my girlfriend hung out with some people, and one thing led to another... and lets just say my girlfriend shot up a few to many dilauded and is now in the hospital...

What I'm wondering is since their are people out their on this site that know alot more about drugs then I do... I was wondering if their is a large chance of death, if she shot up say... 4-5 20mg (maybe 40mg) dilauded.

Yeah this should probably be in the heath forum... but misc gets alot more exposure... and well I was hoping for an answer as soon as possible... as I was unable to stay at the hospital... and I'm worried...

Thanks to anyone who gives input...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:07:37 AM
It helps if she's opioid tolerant. It hurts badly if it was accompanied by alcohol.

What information do you have establishing "20 or 40 mg dosage?" On the US market prescription dilauded is 8 mg's a tablet, at least for the immediate release stuff (Extended release goes up to 64,a nd that can unfortunately be deextended by alcohol). Unless you have specific reason to believe that for some odd reason this stuff wasn't simply diverted from legal use, and was actually manufactured by criminals (In my admittedly limited understanding of the drug market, that doesn't make a lot of sense).

I'm not a doctor, but judging from looking around the internet, it seems to me as long as she didn't dip into alcohol the news is likely to be good.

With alcohol, there's a big risk.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:09:17 AM
At least intuitively btw, it seems to me like the immediate release stuff (i.e. 8 mg) is exactly what would be hitting the illegal market. Who wants to wait for their high?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:11:08 AM
Should read: Probably RELATIVELY safe.

Even if it is in the short term sense though, this sorta thing is seriously bad new for liver and kidneys, and should of course be stopped once she's outta the hospital
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:12:02 AM
erm, that is, that number of 8 mg is probably relatively short-term safe. I thought I finished typing something when i didn't.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:12:22 AM
At 6/19/2010 12:07:37 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
It helps if she's opioid tolerant. It hurts badly if it was accompanied by alcohol.

What information do you have establishing "20 or 40 mg dosage?" On the US market prescription dilauded is 8 mg's a tablet, at least for the immediate release stuff (Extended release goes up to 64,a nd that can unfortunately be deextended by alcohol). Unless you have specific reason to believe that for some odd reason this stuff wasn't simply diverted from legal use, and was actually manufactured by criminals (In my admittedly limited understanding of the drug market, that doesn't make a lot of sense).

I'm not a doctor, but judging from looking around the internet, it seems to me as long as she didn't dip into alcohol the news is likely to be good.

I was guessing about the dosage... but 8mg also sounds more correct.

And she is opioid tolerant... she had done heroin and dilauded for a long time and was in rehab at one point... but this was the first time she had done it in probably a month or two... and she shot up... 4 times i think.

And she didn't drink any, although she may have had either xanax, or lorezapam in her system.

But she also hit a blunt a few times, and probably 4 cigs.....
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:13:20 AM
At 6/19/2010 12:09:17 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At least intuitively btw, it seems to me like the immediate release stuff (i.e. 8 mg) is exactly what would be hitting the illegal market. Who wants to wait for their high?

Oh yeah... it's immediate release... you shoot up... count to five and it hits you...
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:17:18 AM
You are not the greatest decision maker, and I have your mouse.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:17:19 AM
I don't know anyone who actually DOES dilaudid for recreational purposes. It's a pretty ridiculous thing to eat. Who the hell gave it to your gf? They deserve to be punched in the F*cking face. It's got a similar chemistry to morphine, so it really depends on how much she took, her tolerance and the competence of the hospital she's at right now. Does your girlfriend do dillies often? Does your girlfriend do heroin/morphine? People like to eat dilaudid when they can't get their hands on hypocodone. Do you remember how much she took, and as Ragnar asked, if she was drinking alcohol?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:18:11 AM
http://www.drugs.com...

http://www.drugs.com...

It's "should be monitored" rating for both those drugs. Bad, but if there were a high likelihood of death there would probably be a stronger warning (i.e. do not combine). and she is being monitored at this point.

Though the fact of opioid tolerance is not a good thing in general, it is again good news in this specific situation.

There appears to be no medical evidence that either cannabis or tobacco will negatively react with hydromorphone.

http://www.erowid.org...
Although the fact that a stoner recommends combining them is not a good thing from a medical perspective, it's still scientifically A. anecdotal and B. Placebo until proven guilty.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:18:55 AM
I don't know anything about it myself. but..

You should ask Yahoo Answers

That's all my imput. =P sorry.

Hope she gets better soon.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:19:34 AM

The point of dillies is that they can be stolen from pharmacies. What kind of retard, as you pointed out very well here, Rags, would make them in his basement. She must have eaten a hand full of pills to eat 20 to 40 mgs.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:19:34 AM
At 6/19/2010 12:17:18 AM, Korashk wrote:

He hasn't said whether he advised his girlfriend to use that drug.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:21:15 AM
At 6/19/2010 12:19:34 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

He knows what I mean.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:22:01 AM
At 6/19/2010 12:17:19 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
I don't know anyone who actually DOES dilaudid for recreational purposes. It's a pretty ridiculous thing to eat. Who the hell gave it to your gf? They deserve to be punched in the F*cking face. It's got a similar chemistry to morphine, so it really depends on how much she took, her tolerance and the competence of the hospital she's at right now. Does your girlfriend do dillies often? Does your girlfriend do heroin/morphine? People like to eat dilaudid when they can't get their hands on hypocodone. Do you remember how much she took, and as Ragnar asked, if she was drinking alcohol?

It wasn't being ate. Crushed, disolved in warm water, and yeah shot up. And alot of people do from what i know, mainly because it hits you after about 5 seconds.

I'm not entirelly sure how much she took because I was outside for a half hour feeling like I was going to through up... (doing dillies for the first time does that to you)... so during that time she could have shot up at least 3 times...

and no alcohol.... she passed out before anybody got alcohol at the house
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:22:51 AM
At 6/19/2010 12:19:34 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

He's mainly talking bout the sh!t that I do.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:23:22 AM
At 6/19/2010 12:18:55 AM, FREEDO wrote:

thnx :/
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:23:24 AM
At 6/19/2010 12:12:22 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:

And she is opioid tolerant... she had done heroin and dilauded for a long time and was in rehab at one point... but this was the first time she had done it in probably a month or two... and she shot up... 4 times i think.

And she didn't drink any, although she may have had either xanax, or lorezapam in her system.

But she also hit a blunt a few times, and probably 4 cigs.....

I don't think she's completely opioid tolerant. You can die from opioid use even if you've done it 100 times in the past.

Xanax would have put her into a further stupor, especially after 4 hits. The cigarettes weren't a good idea - restricting her veins when her heart is already taking a beating. Marijuana also enhances any other drug you are doing. She made a really bad decision tonight... I hope she learns her lesson in the morning.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:24:10 AM
At 6/19/2010 12:19:34 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:

The point of dillies is that they can be stolen from pharmacies. What kind of retard, as you pointed out very well here, Rags, would make them in his basement. She must have eaten a hand full of pills to eat 20 to 40 mgs.

The OP said 4-5 doses. Which at 8 mg a pop is 40. Not adviseable, but up until the 50's up to 64 grams was available for immediate release. It's probably more likely fringe cases and the efficacy of lower doses that got them tamped down than a serious risk of death with no alcohol involved.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:24:16 AM

Don't worry, you're not the only one who is clueless. Haha.

Anyway, I wish your gf well. Hopefully she'll recover soon.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:24:50 AM

i was mistaken when I said 20 to 40... i thought that was what the dosage was, it was most likely 8mg pills... which were crushed and then shot up

so... probably a total of 32mg of dilaudid...
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:25:43 AM
At 6/19/2010 12:22:01 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:

It wasn't being ate. Crushed, disolved in warm water, and yeah shot up. And alot of people do from what i know, mainly because it hits you after about 5 seconds.

I'm not entirelly sure how much she took because I was outside for a half hour feeling like I was going to through up... (doing dillies for the first time does that to you)... so during that time she could have shot up at least 3 times...

Must be a MI thing. Why don't you kids do something not so stupid next time.... Don't mess with opioids. Substitute with psychedelics. Seriously. Your life wont be at jeopardy and your body and mind wont deteriorate as such.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:25:59 AM
At 6/19/2010 12:24:16 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Don't worry, you're not the only one who is clueless. Haha.

Anyway, I wish your gf well. Hopefully she'll recover soon.

thnx :/
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:26:00 AM
At 6/19/2010 12:24:10 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

The OP said 4-5 doses. Which at 8 mg a pop is 40. Not adviseable, but up until the 50's up to 64 grams was available for immediate release. It's probably more likely fringe cases and the efficacy of lower doses that got them tamped down than a serious risk of death with no alcohol involved.

64 millgrams, er. Not grams. 64 grams is probably enough to kill a bear.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:27:08 AM
At 6/19/2010 12:25:43 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:

Must be a MI thing. Why don't you kids do something not so stupid next time.... Don't mess with opioids. Substitute with psychedelics. Seriously. Your life wont be at jeopardy and your body and mind wont deteriorate as such.

It was mainly becuase... she had been addicted to dillies for a while... and I was just curious....

wooo.. its all my fault :/
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:27:19 AM

He asked for the straight talk on his chances of his GF still being around in the morning, not the straight talk on what they should not do in the future. If they don't know by now nothing you can say will get them to figure it out. :)
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:28:41 AM

and what do you mean psychedelics...?

I'm not really all that knowledgable when it comes to drugs... dillies was the first thing I did... I just happen to hang around people that do them more...
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:29:50 AM
I'm sure she'll be ok unless she did something else that Dark didn't see. She should probably stop doing dillies, though. Her body is obviously giving her a severe warning. I f*cking hate narcotics. I seriously do. Why do narcotics when you can do psychedelics?