============

Nine (9) votes required for a lynch.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 9:50:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'd say that we should wait for the cop's investigation, but at this point it seems there is only the Godfather left. We also have a huge problem with lurkers.

So far the most blatant lurkers are Hurstman (he hasn't posted ONCE in this entire game and yet hasn't been replaced) and ToastOfDestiny (replacing BQP) -- both of them haven't posted once. Oceanix hasn't really posted but had his vote stolen yesterday. I don't remember if Leafrod claimed or not, but he doesn't seem to be playing much either.

Vote Hurstman for now. Maybe this will prompt him to respond or say something.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 9:58:00 AM
Ps. The mafia's night kills keep failing miserably. How much you wanna bet they keep targeting ME? Probably because I just took them all out lol get over it I'm still here. Had the vigilante listened to me the Watcher would still be alive and feverish would have died a night phase earlier. Then yesterday I would've encouraged lynching mongeese; he made his status MORE than obvious. Tonight I suggest the vig kill Korashk because he has no useful role, his role claim is shady (uhh he claimed Benedict Arnold people), his character is shady, and it's no real loss to us if we're mistaken. For this day phase though I think we should really encourage some of the people who never talk to participate more. Ibap, what do YOU think we should do? Same question applies to Hurstman, Toast, ccstate4peat and Leafrod.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 9:58:24 AM
At 6/19/2010 9:55:33 AM, LeafRod wrote:
I can't remember if I claimed or not. Should I?

Eh... Not yet. What do you think we should do? Pressure inactives (Hurstman)?
President of DDO
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 10:12:04 AM
At 6/19/2010 9:58:00 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Ps. The mafia's night kills keep failing miserably. How much you wanna bet they keep targeting ME? Probably because I just took them all out lol get over it I'm still here. Had the vigilante listened to me the Watcher would still be alive and feverish would have died a night phase earlier. Then yesterday I would've encouraged lynching mongeese; he made his status MORE than obvious. Tonight I suggest the vig kill Korashk because he has no useful role, his role claim is shady (uhh he claimed Benedict Arnold people), his character is shady, and it's no real loss to us if we're mistaken. For this day phase though I think we should really encourage some of the people who never talk to participate more. Ibap, what do YOU think we should do? Same question applies to Hurstman, Toast, ccstate4peat and Leafrod.

The failed night kills could also be trading a kill for Korashk recruitment
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 11:42:26 AM
True Sportsguru. Though unless they lucked out on the first NP (1/23, or less than a 4% chance) then I'm probably innocent if you believe my role claim. The Mafia wouldn't be stupid enough to waste a kill on someone they know is under constant suspicion.

Though if you think that I'm guilty because I was recruited then that means that I'm not the only one left. With five dead if JBlake is sticking to the 25-33% of players being Mafia that means that there were originally 6-7 Mafia, myself being recruited bumping that number to 7-8. comon has already confirmed that I don't have a role power, why not try and eliminate those unknowns, and if that happens, the game doesn't end, and I'm alive feel free to take me out. If anything it'll make the gake go faster.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 11:43:19 AM
You're right, SportsGuru, or they could just be making it appear that way on purpose. I didn't remember exactly how he said his role worked. Either way I highly doubt Hurstman is gonna come along to give us something so unvote Hurstman and vote Korashk. The vig could take out the inactives at some point. I'll keep my vote unless/until someone gives us a better lead.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 11:48:58 AM
At 6/19/2010 11:42:26 AM, Korashk wrote:
True Sportsguru. Though unless they lucked out on the first NP (1/23, or less than a 4% chance) then I'm probably innocent if you believe my role claim. The Mafia wouldn't be stupid enough to waste a kill on someone they know is under constant suspicion.

But the doctor is supposedly on Nags, so I highly doubt their night kill was stopped by the doctor... and why would they target Nags knowing the doctor was on him? Explain how there is no mafia night kill if they didn't kill you.

Though if you think that I'm guilty because I was recruited then that means that I'm not the only one left. With five dead if JBlake is sticking to the 25-33% of players being Mafia that means that there were originally 6-7 Mafia, myself being recruited bumping that number to 7-8.

There were 25 original players, no? That means there are probably 5 or 6 mafia to start. We've nabbed 4. Regardless, it doesn't matter if you're the only mafioso left lol you could still be mafia.

comon has already confirmed that I don't have a role power, why not try and eliminate those unknowns, and if that happens, the game doesn't end, and I'm alive feel free to take me out. If anything it'll make the gake go faster.

This is the scummiest comment of all. I was hesitant on lynching you but EH. Comon did *NOT* confirm that you don't have a role power. Comon only confirmed that you didn't visit anyone last night. That doesn't mean that another goon didn't carry out the kill. Benedict Arnold may very well be the Godfather (innocent upon investigation but actually guilty). I don't like your character claim and I don't like your role claim.

Lynch Korashk.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 11:51:29 AM
MOD: It says in the vote count that there needs to be 10 votes to lynch, but with 16 active players it should only be 9 votes, correct?

===============================================

VOTE COUNT

belle (belle) -- 1/9 votes needed to lynch

Korashk (Lwerd) -- 1/9 votes needed to lynch
President of DDO
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 11:59:31 AM
Ps. The mafia's night kills keep failing miserably. How much you wanna bet they keep targeting ME?

Zero. They're most likely targeting me. You don't have any protection from mafia kills. I do.

---

And Ibap turned up innocent. Although it's possible he's Godfather.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:01:02 PM
Comon tracking me does pretty much mean that I don't have a role power. It doesn't mean that I don't have a role, just that I have a role that doesn't have any effect on other players. Which is what I meant by not having a role power. Though, you and I may interpret the phrase "role power" differently.

To me the cop's investigations are a role power whereas say the miller doesn't have a role power.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:21:28 PM
I would suggest lynching Korashk. I'm not really sure who else to target, and Korashk, if he's telling the truth, has a ridiculously wack role that doesn't help us.

Lynch Korashk
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 12:51:45 PM
At 6/19/2010 11:42:26 AM, Korashk wrote:
True Sportsguru. [A]Though unless they lucked out on the first NP (1/23, or less than a 4% chance) then I'm probably innocent if you believe my role claim. [B]The Mafia wouldn't be stupid enough to waste a kill on someone they know is under constant suspicion.:

Underlined part- Uh, if you are truly innocent, there is NO way you would put that phrase in. I am convinced you are anti-town.

Even disregarding that, your defense does not work.

[A] In case you have not noticed, there have been a night without a mafia kill AFTER you revealed, aka last night.

[B] This just introduces a WIFOM. At the point where we assume the mafia does not convert you because of our supposed suspicon, we stop suspecting you. Thus the mafia is going to convert. But then we suspect you again because we just played out the scenario in our heads, restarting the cycle.

Does not get us anywhere.

Korashk is anti-town, but I believe he may be jester. VIG: TAKE OUT KORASHK TONIGHT

Pressure vote: Vote to lynch Hurstman
oceanix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 1:15:47 PM
There were 25 original players, no? That means there are probably 5 or 6 mafia to start. We've nabbed 4. Regardless, it doesn't matter if you're the only mafioso left lol you could still be mafia.

We've actually nabbed 5. I haven't been posting much because there isn't much for me to do. With all of the power roles doing so well, I just don't have anything to add.

Anywho, would a mass claim be beneficial?
oceanix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 1:18:29 PM
I'd agree that we don't lynch Korashk. Although his role claim MAY be true, it just isn't worth it. I doubt Korashk is naïve enough to claim Benedict Arnold and assume we wouldn't go after him. Thus, I can see where the jester might come from. On the other hand, who in the American Revolution tried to die?
oceanix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 1:23:13 PM
At 6/19/2010 1:15:47 PM, oceanix wrote:
Anywho, would a mass claim be beneficial?

Thinking about it now, this sounds scummy. I was mostly saying this as maf might not have well-prepared claims, and we might be able to catch them slip.
Ibap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 1:35:12 PM
For this day phase though I think we should really encourage some of the people who never talk to participate more. Ibap, what do YOU think we should do?

Sorry about that. I guess I do mostly just post to vote. The thing is, most of the time everything that really needs to be said already has been by the time I get on. If it helps at all, I do read everything even if I don't always comment on it. :)

So, in response to your question, what I think is that, as has been said, there isn't really much we have to go on right now. Almost all of the mafia must be dead, and if the only one left is a godfather we don't have any really good way of investigating him.

We think Korashk might be lying about his role, or that he might have already been "recruited," and that even if he hasn't been, he might be soon. On the other hand, he very well may not have been yet, and he might never be if the mafia think we'll kill him anyway or if we finish the game before they can.

We have plenty of time before the DP ends, and we have such a huge majority that getting the momentum for a kill shouldn't be a huge problem. So, I think that at least for the moment it makes more sense to try to pressure people so that we can hopefully get something more solid than our lynch of Korashk. And honestly, the mafia has shrunk enough that they probably aren't exactly a big threat anymore, or at least not a very immediate one. Even now, giving them information is still bad, of course, but it's more like filling a quiver with pebbles than loading a rocket launcher for them.

As such, I am going to VOTE TO LYNCH HURSTMAN for pressure.

At 6/19/2010 11:59:31 AM, Nags wrote:
Ibap turned up innocent. Although it's possible he's Godfather.

If it becomes necessary I can prove my innocence, but I'd rather wait until a better moment.
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 1:54:57 PM
I just got back from NFLs so gimme a sec to read through the DPs. I'll be back in an hour? I'll post my understanding of what's happened so far to make sure that I don't have any gaping holes in my understanding.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

reveal why you answer with a question mark
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 2:36:21 PM
At 6/19/2010 11:59:31 AM, Nags wrote:
Ps. The mafia's night kills keep failing miserably. How much you wanna bet they keep targeting ME?

Zero. They're most likely targeting me. You don't have any protection from mafia kills. I do.

Congratulations - You just contradicted yourself. You said that the mafia probably targeted you but that you have protection. You role claimed as the cop a long time ago meaning the doctor has BEEN on you. Why would the mafia target you WHEN THEY KNOW YOU HAVE PROTECTION? Answer: They wouldn't.

Last night Korashk was either recruited into the mafia or the mafia targeted belle or myself and we happened to be protected. Considering I can't be sure that the doctor didn't protect Nags, then I'm going to assume that the doctor was on Nags and thus the mafia's kill failed simply because they recruited Korashk.

Yes, inactives (like Hurstman) are annoying BUT Korask's character claim, role claim and overall playing has been scummy. Why lynch a potential townie for not posting anything when Korashk has several strikes against him? I'm keeping my vote on Korashk and we can have the vigilante take out any inactives.
President of DDO
Ibap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 2:54:42 PM
At 6/19/2010 2:36:21 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Congratulations - You just contradicted yourself. You said that the mafia probably targeted you but that you have protection. You role claimed as the cop a long time ago meaning the doctor has BEEN on you. Why would the mafia target you WHEN THEY KNOW YOU HAVE PROTECTION? Answer: They wouldn't.

Last night Korashk was either recruited into the mafia or the mafia targeted belle or myself and we happened to be protected. Considering I can't be sure that the doctor didn't protect Nags, then I'm going to assume that the doctor was on Nags and thus the mafia's kill failed simply because they recruited Korashk.

They also could have just not killed anyone to make it seem like they'd recruited him, no? I'm not saying that I think they did, because that probably would have been a bad idea since they're so far behind, but it could have happened. And they could have attacked Nags, hoping that the doctor would assume they wouldn't.

Yes, inactives (like Hurstman) are annoying BUT Korask's character claim, role claim and overall playing has been scummy. Why lynch a potential townie for not posting anything when Korashk has several strikes against him? I'm keeping my vote on Korashk and we can have the vigilante take out any inactives.

I don't think anyone was saying that we wanted to lynch Hurstman, though. We're just pressuring him, hoping that we would learn something from it. As it stands, yes, I think it makes more sense to lynch Korashk than anyone else. But that doesn't mean we can't just take some time to try to figure out anything else, does it? If Hurstman is convincing, we can always just choose a different person or go back to Korashk.
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 2:56:53 PM
So we've just been on the ball with lynches. I don't have much to add, though I did skip the last ~6 pages of DP1 because they got a bit repetitive.

I'm pretty rusty, but here's my guess about Korashk:
False-claiming the convert is stupid, because he gets investigated and/or killed, so it's reasonable to believe he actually is Benedict. That said, I agree with his analysis that the mafia wouldn't try and convert him because even if they did, we'd just knock him back down again and there's no net gain. Even though I read fairly quickly, I easily gathered that L's well protected, so unless the mafia is really scrubby they wouldn't bang their heads against that brick wall. Idk much about belle, but she seems just intelligent enough that the mafia would want to take her out, so maybe they've been targeting her?

Who's hurstman?
Our demise and industrial destruction
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

reveal why you answer with a question mark
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 3:02:09 PM
At 6/19/2010 2:36:21 PM, theLwerd wrote:

You don't know that. They might of thought the cop was protecting belle or someone else.

Then how the f*ck did you come upon the conclusion that the mafia has been targeting you every single night, but you haven't died?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 3:07:02 PM
At 6/19/2010 3:02:09 PM, Nags wrote:
Then how the f*ck did you come upon the conclusion that the mafia has been targeting you every single night, but you haven't died?

Lol I don't think that. It was a suggestion. There's a mason watcher with a few watches left anyhow. I'll live for at least 2 more nights.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 3:09:20 PM
At 6/19/2010 2:56:53 PM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
False-claiming the convert is stupid, because he gets investigated and/or killed, so it's reasonable to believe he actually is Benedict.

It's not stupid. I'd imagine that it's hard for the mafia to come up with a bunch of fake character claims (hence Vi lying on dp1 and claiming mine). As such, he could have easily claimed Benedict Arnold in the hopes of being investigated (and as the Godfather he would come up innocent). Additionally if he's really Benedict then perhaps he could have also successfully been recruited to the Junto or Masons even as a mafioso.
President of DDO
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 3:09:35 PM
At 6/19/2010 3:07:02 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Lol I don't think that. It was a suggestion.

It was a very strong suggestion.