Jump to topic:

DDO D&D game thread 1

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 5:05:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
5 adventurers wake up in a hall seeing out into an arena in which a wild-looking man with two axes chops the chest of a kobold. Another kobold is already fallen, and this kobold falls around. He yells "Who do I slaughter next??" He then turns to see you and laughs: "5 pitiful weaklings?" Men behind you shove you into the arena as you fully awaken, a gate closing behind you. You are lined up horizontally against the door as you start to stand, the combatant about 60 feet away.

enemy rols 13 ini

Puck rolls 15
Cerebral rolls 21
Matt rolls 15 (holds tiebreaker dex modifier, moves before puck)
Kahvan rolls 4
Korahk rolls 14

Cerebral, you have the first move.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 5:38:17 PM
Puck Barbarian
Cerebral Wizard
Matt Rogue
Kahvan Sorc
Korahk Cleric

==

Can we have some confirmation on Rogue and Cleric, who is melee oriented if at all?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 5:41:00 PM
At 6/21/2010 5:38:17 PM, Puck wrote:
Puck Barbarian
Cerebral Wizard
Matt Rogue
Kahvan Sorc
Korahk Cleric

==

Can we have some confirmation on Rogue and Cleric, who is melee oriented if at all?

I'm more combat/tanking oriented than casting. I have a generous Wis score so that I can heal.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 5:47:31 PM
(Try to keep discussion of party's capabilities, suggestions for what to do when you level, etc, in the other thread. This one is for describing the actions you want to try to take (and any reminders of relevant skills and feats and such you'd like when I'd make your rolls for said actions), and in-character speech inluding short shouts of immediate combat strategy, and such.

That said, I'm fairly sure the cleric and barb are the only reasonably melee oriented chars. Rogue's only current weapon is a sling)

The array of combat as it stands is like this:

enemy

Kah Puc Kor Matt Cereb
Gate

5 feet between each of you, enemy is 60 yards across from Puck.

Spacing on DDO isn't pretyt enough for the diagram to show more than the order :P
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 5:51:06 PM
Question to the DM: Should we be remaining in-character for all/most discussion in this thread?
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 5:51:41 PM
And if it helps Cereb make his move, since he's first, the diagonal distance between him and the enemy by rule is 65 feet.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 5:52:57 PM
(Nevermind)
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 5:57:22 PM
At 6/21/2010 5:51:06 PM, Korashk wrote:
Question to the DM: Should we be remaining in-character for all/most discussion in this thread?

(You should be mostly in character in this thread when doing anything other than describing an action like where you're moving, what attack/spell you're using, what rules you're trying to apply to it, etc. This ideally includes your conversations with merchants :P )

The enemy shouts: Gronk no like chatter! Fight gronk!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 5:57:59 PM
At 6/21/2010 5:52:57 PM, Korashk wrote:
(Nevermind)

lawl.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 6:00:04 PM
(Figures he'd have gone offline just before I posted)
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 6:23:05 PM
Motions towards the Dwarf that's carrying the axe.

Do you want to get really big?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 6:25:47 PM
(A cleric is talking to you)
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 6:30:12 PM
At 6/21/2010 6:25:01 PM, Puck wrote:
Is that a short dwarf joke?

Answer the question and you'll find out.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 8:09:19 PM
At 6/21/2010 6:33:32 PM, Puck wrote:
Wrinkles nose, scratches then nods.

Just don't leave me stranded after.

Make sure not to get too far away from me. No more than 25 feet.

The burly Half-Elf twirls his morningstar in anticipation of the coming conflict.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 1:29:43 AM
I will cast magic missile on him.

(Terribly sorry I was asleep).
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 1:51:51 AM
roll is full 5 damage. Matt's turn.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 1:54:06 AM
Gronk grunts loudly at the force of flying blue crap concussing him
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 4:48:13 AM
I'm hoping that in the hustle and bustle between the floor and the wall I was able to slip a bullet into my sling???
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 5:16:33 AM
whether my slings already loaded, or no

I pick up and (in the two rounds) move a full 40 ft on a diagonal 45 degrees from the monster
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 9:31:25 AM
I don't know what you mean by two turns, unless you're making forward plans for next turn. For the moment you move 30 feet, which is diagonaly four squares to the upper right-- this renders you just as distant as you were before (the rules, funny as they are, had both you and Cereb at the same distance from the dude), but the other 3 only 60:

Loading a sling is a move action just so ya know, but fortunately it was already loaded for some odd reason.

That's all for this turn matt?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 9:31:52 AM
meh, he would have said something if he wanted something else this turn before logging off. Puck's turn.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 9:33:49 AM
And Puck pmed me instructions to move 15 feet forward, korashk's turn.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 11:18:47 AM
At 6/22/2010 9:31:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I don't know what you mean by two turns, unless you're making forward plans for next turn. For the moment you move 30 feet, which is diagonaly four squares to the upper right-- this renders you just as distant as you were before (the rules, funny as they are, had both you and Cereb at the same distance from the dude), but the other 3 only 60:

Loading a sling is a move action just so ya know, but fortunately it was already loaded for some odd reason.

can't I forgo actually attacking or whatnot and move twice???

or is that only in the v-games...

also... I'm busy I'll be back later tonight.

Metaphysics:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 11:24:43 AM
At 6/22/2010 11:18:47 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 6/22/2010 9:31:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

can't I forgo actually attacking or whatnot and move twice???

*looks it up* Yes, you can sacrifice a standard action for a move action.

*changes it retroactively*

*Notices matt is a halfling and should have only moved 20 feet, that explains the 40 foot stuff*

*calculating position*
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 11:30:46 AM
4 squares diagonal up right and 2 squares up (which takes up 40 feet of movement) seems to get you 30 vertical away from the dude and 30 horizontal (or 45 feet diagonal), which is indeed the angle you specified.

Still korashk's turn.