Total Posts:66|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Quinoa is nasty.

bsh1
Posts: 27,989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 9:19:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It is.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

A Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 40,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 9:34:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/21/2015 9:29:01 PM, PapaNolan wrote:
At 1/21/2015 8:57:36 PM, YYW wrote:
Things I learned today...

Quinoa is also pretty good for you

*vomits*
Trump did something right!

http://www.debate.org...

Discuss.
That1User
Posts: 1,064
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 9:39:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/21/2015 8:57:36 PM, YYW wrote:
Things I learned today...

I like it.
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
That1User
Posts: 1,064
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 9:45:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/21/2015 9:40:37 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Never tried it... Haven't heard too many good things though.

i've heard many good things about it, mainly its health benefits.
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 9:45:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/21/2015 8:57:36 PM, YYW wrote:
Things I learned today...

It's good in a dried granola mix with fruit and honey, or mixed into yogurt with fresh fruit. I do agree that boiling it into tasteless paste makes for a nasty meal; I think that it's much harder to pull off cooked.
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
YYW
Posts: 40,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 9:48:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/21/2015 9:40:37 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Never tried it... Haven't heard too many good things though.

Imagine a more corn-like cream of wheat with the texture of fermented soy beans.
Trump did something right!

http://www.debate.org...

Discuss.
Fido
Posts: 357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 9:51:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/21/2015 8:57:36 PM, YYW wrote:
Things I learned today...

What happened??? Did it make you fawt when you thought you were feeling romantic?

I use it all the time, no gluten, high in protean, goes well with almost anything. Too expensive because it has to be hand harvested, or at least that is the explanation I heard.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,572
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 9:52:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/21/2015 9:48:40 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/21/2015 9:40:37 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Never tried it... Haven't heard too many good things though.

Imagine a more corn-like cream of wheat with the texture of fermented soy beans.

Doesn't sound like my kinda thing.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Posts: 40,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 9:54:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/21/2015 9:52:08 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 1/21/2015 9:48:40 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/21/2015 9:40:37 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Never tried it... Haven't heard too many good things though.

Imagine a more corn-like cream of wheat with the texture of fermented soy beans.

Doesn't sound like my kinda thing.

I think you're probably right.... it's got a slimy quality that is too much for me to get over.
Trump did something right!

http://www.debate.org...

Discuss.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:58:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I actually really like these veggie burgers: http://scene7.targetimg1.com...

I've never had quinoa isolated, though, so I wouldn't know about how that would taste...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
PapaNolan
Posts: 145
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 7:40:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/21/2015 9:54:00 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/21/2015 9:52:08 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 1/21/2015 9:48:40 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/21/2015 9:40:37 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Never tried it... Haven't heard too many good things though.

Imagine a more corn-like cream of wheat with the texture of fermented soy beans.

Doesn't sound like my kinda thing.

I think you're probably right.... it's got a slimy quality that is too much for me to get over.

It is best mixed with a natural granola bar.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 8:10:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/21/2015 11:58:10 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
I actually really like these veggie burgers: http://scene7.targetimg1.com...

I will never eat anything that even *mentions* the word "veggie" in it.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:44:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/22/2015 8:10:02 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/21/2015 11:58:10 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
I actually really like these veggie burgers: http://scene7.targetimg1.com...

I will never eat anything that even *mentions* the word "veggie" in it.

I'm not even a vegetarian and I think that they taste better than most actual meat products. Plus you can just microwave them, which is great if you're as lazy as. I am.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 10:16:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/22/2015 9:44:24 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/22/2015 8:10:02 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/21/2015 11:58:10 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
I actually really like these veggie burgers: http://scene7.targetimg1.com...

I will never eat anything that even *mentions* the word "veggie" in it.

I'm not even a vegetarian and I think that they taste better than most actual meat products. Plus you can just microwave them, which is great if you're as lazy as. I am.

The idea of microwavable food sounds tempting...

Wait, what am I thinking? I WILL NOT BE SWAYED D:<
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,573
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 4:42:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/21/2015 9:53:09 PM, YYW wrote:
I would rather eat dried kale and wheat grass than quinoa.

Uhhh... what's wrong with kale? 0.o
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.
Deep down, we're all dumbassses who act like shittheads

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 4:59:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think quinoa is great!
David Hildebrand - The Progressive Alternative to Dianne Feinstein! https://hildebrand2018.nationbuilder.com...

When the Fascist and the Communist argue over which ideology is better they're really just arguing over preferred styles of bureaucracy before getting sent to a death camp.
bsh1
Posts: 27,989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 7:14:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/21/2015 9:45:52 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 1/21/2015 8:57:36 PM, YYW wrote:
Things I learned today...

It's good in a dried granola mix with fruit and honey, or mixed into yogurt with fresh fruit. I do agree that boiling it into tasteless paste makes for a nasty meal; I think that it's much harder to pull off cooked.

I might actually try it like that...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

A Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:20:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yes, it definitely is. And while we're on the topic, I can't stand kale either. I know it's great for you and all that, but no. The flavor is weird and the texture just doesn't lend itself well to the things that people make with it. It might be better cooked (I have yet to try it), but in a salad it's kind of horrendous. Don't even get me started on the smoothies.
Don't take me too seriously plz, i'm rarely on here sober
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:43:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/22/2015 9:20:37 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Yes, it definitely is. And while we're on the topic, I can't stand kale either. I know it's great for you and all that, but no. The flavor is weird and the texture just doesn't lend itself well to the things that people make with it. It might be better cooked (I have yet to try it), but in a salad it's kind of horrendous. Don't even get me started on the smoothies.

Ugh, this. There are one or two salads that I can deal with it in, but otherwise I hate it. I especially hate it when someone makes a perfectly delicious smoothie, you watch them put everything in, and it looks delicious. Then, as if being deliberately evil, they pick up some kale and drop it in. Bastards.

And it's even worse cooked, in my opinion.
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 10:12:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/22/2015 7:14:22 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/21/2015 9:45:52 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 1/21/2015 8:57:36 PM, YYW wrote:
Things I learned today...

It's good in a dried granola mix with fruit and honey, or mixed into yogurt with fresh fruit. I do agree that boiling it into tasteless paste makes for a nasty meal; I think that it's much harder to pull off cooked.

I might actually try it like that...

It's completely different, very crunchy. I like Siggi's Skyr as a yogurt; it's low in sugar, high in protein, and really dense and delicious.

This is a good store-bought granola with quinoa in it: http://www.cascadianfarm.com...
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
bsh1
Posts: 27,989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 2:15:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/22/2015 10:12:04 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:14:22 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/21/2015 9:45:52 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 1/21/2015 8:57:36 PM, YYW wrote:
Things I learned today...

It's good in a dried granola mix with fruit and honey, or mixed into yogurt with fresh fruit. I do agree that boiling it into tasteless paste makes for a nasty meal; I think that it's much harder to pull off cooked.

I might actually try it like that...

It's completely different, very crunchy. I like Siggi's Skyr as a yogurt; it's low in sugar, high in protein, and really dense and delicious.

This is a good store-bought granola with quinoa in it: http://www.cascadianfarm.com...

Cool.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

A Debate Challenge: http://www.debate.org...
Geogeer
Posts: 4,736
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 3:41:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/21/2015 9:53:09 PM, YYW wrote:
I would rather eat dried kale and wheat grass than quinoa.

Your wish is granted!

http://heatherbakes.com...
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:58:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/21/2015 8:57:36 PM, YYW wrote:
Things I learned today...

Quinoa is also considered to be a excellent choice, given the nature of it, which includes; a complete protein (all amino acids present), high fiber, and the abundance of various beneficial micronutrients. Many foods that share a similar profile can be considered nasty as well, but the nutrient content supersedes taste, in my opinion.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 10:50:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/22/2015 9:43:21 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 1/22/2015 9:20:37 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Yes, it definitely is. And while we're on the topic, I can't stand kale either. I know it's great for you and all that, but no. The flavor is weird and the texture just doesn't lend itself well to the things that people make with it. It might be better cooked (I have yet to try it), but in a salad it's kind of horrendous. Don't even get me started on the smoothies.

Ugh, this. There are one or two salads that I can deal with it in, but otherwise I hate it. I especially hate it when someone makes a perfectly delicious smoothie, you watch them put everything in, and it looks delicious. Then, as if being deliberately evil, they pick up some kale and drop it in. Bastards.

That's an offense worthy of the death penalty.

And it's even worse cooked, in my opinion.

Most plants are worse cooked imo. I love fruits and veggies, but I cannot figure out why people would do something so horrible as cook broccoli. Potatoes are an obvious exception to this, though. I love me some mashed potatoes.
Don't take me too seriously plz, i'm rarely on here sober
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 11:26:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/24/2015 10:50:05 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 1/22/2015 9:43:21 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Ugh, this. There are one or two salads that I can deal with it in, but otherwise I hate it. I especially hate it when someone makes a perfectly delicious smoothie, you watch them put everything in, and it looks delicious. Then, as if being deliberately evil, they pick up some kale and drop it in. Bastards.

That's an offense worthy of the death penalty.

I knew that crucifixion was invented for a reason.

And it's even worse cooked, in my opinion.

Most plants are worse cooked imo. I love fruits and veggies, but I cannot figure out why people would do something so horrible as cook broccoli. Potatoes are an obvious exception to this, though. I love me some mashed potatoes.

Yeah, I agree. I'll cook mushrooms, onions, carrots, potatoes, and asparagus, but only if they're going in a larger dish like boeuf bourgignon, beef stroganoff, or marsala dishes. I never cook brocolli, and I adore both peas and carrots fresh, especially home grown ones. However, soup is an exception to every rule.
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -