Jump to topic:

Tried to find another forum...

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 8:38:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Out of curiosity, I went out and tried to find a good online forum. I like DDO, and I don't plan on leaving, but I wanted to see if there was another forum of good quality...

Oh my...it was so bad...I stopped looking after 2 political forums. It was like our religion forum, except with politics, with a lot more posts...all I saw was attacks on other ideologies, with no reasonable insight to any topic...I saw one moderator post, and he was as cussing as me when I'm not in a good mood...

I'm never trying that again.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 8:48:38 PM
I visit a few good ones...but I'll be damned if I let any of you know about them!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 8:52:06 PM
At 1/23/2015 8:48:38 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I visit a few good ones...but I'll be damned if I let any of you know about them!

Well then...

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:38:17 PM
At 1/23/2015 11:36:30 PM, Cermank wrote:
reddit's pretty good, tbh

No, it's not. I mean, there are some parts of it that are entertaining... and about three times a year something really heartwarming will be out there, but on balance reddit is filled with hate-mongering asshats who want nothing more than to make other people's lives miserable.

Especially gay guys on reddit.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:40:20 PM
At 1/23/2015 8:38:11 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Out of curiosity, I went out and tried to find a good online forum. I like DDO, and I don't plan on leaving, but I wanted to see if there was another forum of good quality...

Oh my...it was so bad...I stopped looking after 2 political forums. It was like our religion forum, except with politics, with a lot more posts...all I saw was attacks on other ideologies, with no reasonable insight to any topic...I saw one moderator post, and he was as cussing as me when I'm not in a good mood...

I have been a member of several online communities. I won't say what they are, for obvious reasons.. but yeah. Even though we have some wackos on here, on balance, DDO is probably the best.

I also like the fact that there is a wide cross-section of people on here. It's not just kids or mentally disturbed religious nuts; but actual people. And I will forever be grateful to DDO for connecting me to Bsh1.
Tsar of DDO
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:42:03 PM

Aha, all we have to do is follow you everywhere you go. >:)
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:44:11 PM
At 1/23/2015 11:38:17 PM, YYW wrote:

No, it's not. I mean, there are some parts of it that are entertaining... and about three times a year something really heartwarming will be out there, but on balance reddit is filled with hate-mongering asshats who want nothing more than to make other people's lives miserable.

You can customize your experience on there though. The news/ politics section is pretty interesting, the libertarian and marxist circle also pretty knowledgeable. The experience is mostly subreddit specific.

The default subs have a tendency to be circle jerk-ey though.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:45:05 PM
At 1/23/2015 11:42:03 PM, Smithereens wrote:

Aha, all we have to do is follow you everywhere you go. >:)

Considering I've been using the same avatar for 10 years, it shouldn't be too hard =)
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:45:15 PM
At 1/23/2015 11:44:11 PM, Cermank wrote:

You can customize your experience on there though. The news/ politics section is pretty interesting, the libertarian and marxist circle also pretty knowledgeable. The experience is mostly subreddit specific.

I had seriously negative experiences with LGBT and gaybros. I liked the funny subreddit.
Tsar of DDO
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:45:50 PM

The only other community I've ever been part of is this Minecraft server called Nyancraft... but when the owner got really depressed and closed it, we all went our separate ways. The community tried to rebuild over several new spinoff servers.. but we never really all got back together and they all eventually failed. But if you're ever playing and you meet someone who kills everyone in Hunger games without being seen, you've met a player I trained to be a Minecraft WMD. If you've met a player who doesn't grief you but cleans your house and makes it look stylish, you've met someone I called a friend. And if you ever meet someone who refuses to use armor, why you've met a real man.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:48:05 PM
At 1/23/2015 11:45:50 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

The only other community I've ever been part of is this Minecraft server called Nyancraft... but when the owner got really depressed and closed it, we all went our separate ways. The community tried to rebuild over several new spinoff servers.. but we never really all got back together and they all eventually failed. But if you're ever playing and you meet someone who kills everyone in Hunger games without being seen, you've met a player I trained to be a Minecraft WMD. If you've met a player who doesn't grief you but cleans your house and makes it look stylish, you've met someone I called a friend. And if you ever meet someone who refuses to use armor, why you've met a real man.

I don't play Minecraft.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:51:52 PM
At 1/23/2015 11:48:05 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I don't play Minecraft.

Okay.... Oi! What is that shadow over there?
That thing just now...
It had to be that legendary giant youkai
Daidarabotchi!
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:54:31 PM
At 1/23/2015 11:51:52 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

I don't play Minecraft.

Okay.... Oi! What is that shadow over there?
That thing just now...
It had to be that legendary giant youkai
Daidarabotchi!

O.o

Ok then...

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:57:30 PM
At 1/23/2015 11:45:15 PM, YYW wrote:

I had seriously negative experiences with LGBT and gaybros. I liked the funny subreddit.

There are multiple LGBT subreddits. r/gaykink is pretty good. Not that I would know
<.<
>.>
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:59:52 PM
At 1/23/2015 11:57:30 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/23/2015 11:45:15 PM, YYW wrote:

There are multiple LGBT subreddits. r/gaykink is pretty good. Not that I would know
<.<
>.>

The "twinks" subreddit is quite nice.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 12:02:22 AM

I don't play Minecraft.

I hear MMORPG's do generally have good communities, though I've never participated in one.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 2:56:45 AM

lol...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 2:57:31 AM
At 1/23/2015 11:59:52 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/23/2015 11:57:30 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
<.<
>.>

The "twinks" subreddit is quite nice.

*raises eyebrows*
*smiles*
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...