Jump to topic:

American Revolution Mafia Endgame

JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 9:52:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
The game has ended in a Victory for the Town!

1. First Place

Town:
1. theLwerd: Benjamin Franklin, Jack of All Trades (Recruited to Masons)
2. Puck: John Dickenson, Mason Recruiter
3. xxDarkxx: Rufus King, Mason Regular
4. CCState: George Washington, Hero of the People
5. comoncents: Daniel Boone, Tracker
6. Sportsguru: Dr. Benjamin Rush, Doctor
7. Nags: Roger Sherman, Justice of the Peace (Cop) (Recruited to Junto)
8. belle: Henry Knox, Vigilante (Recruited to Junto)
9. Innomen: Nathan Hale, Watcher
10. Ibap: John Hancock, President (Governor)
11. wjmelements: James Wilson, Politician
12. Oceanix: Thomas Paine, Town Regular
13. Alex Hanson: Patrick Henry, Town Regular
14. Hurstman: Thomas Jefferson, Town Regular
15. LeafRod: John Adams, Town Regular

2. Second Place

Mafia:
1. mongoose: Gen. Charles Cornwallis, Mafia Regular
2. mongeese: Gen. Sir Henry Clinton, the Mafia Framer
3. Vi Veri: Gen. Sir Thomas Gage, Mafia Roleblocker
4. BigMac: King George III, King (Godfather)
5. KRFournier: John Burgoyne, Mafia Regular
6. ToastofDestiny: Col. Johann Rall, Mafia Janitor
7. feverish: Gen. Sir William Howe, Mafia Regular
8. KorashK: Benedict Arnold, Saulus (Recruited to Mafia)

===========

There was some complaining from the mafia. This mostly centered around theLwerd. They suggested that her role was overpowered. Looking back, it was overpowered her slightly to allow her to use her roles day or night. Still, she was only given 4 abilities, which is standard. Once they were used up, she was essentially just a Mason Regular. The game would have turned out very differently had she not made the wild guess on Vi Veri. When she outed Vi so early, the mafia did not know what to do and most of them made their allegiance pretty obvious. Had they just let Vi go, the game would have not been so lopsided.

I was worried in the beginning that I had overpowered the mafia by giving them a Janitor, Framer, and Roleblocker. If theLwerd hadn't guessed correctly on DP1 and taken out the Roleblocker and identified half of the mafia, I think it it would have been an even match. Even the way things turned out, I thought several times that the mafia was about to turn things around and take a huge lead. I think they were too demoralized from the awful beginning to capitalize on some key events.

I learned from this experience not to give out roles at random. I doubt anyone would have complained about the JOAT role had it not gone to thLwerd, who put her abilities to excellent use.

I will post the game details (Night actions, day actions) when I get home this evening.

Also, if you'll note the characters of the Mafia, I was not very creative with them. I am more familiar with the politics in the colonies and Britain than the battles, etc. That can also be seen in the town, since there are more politicians than soldiers.

At any rate: Discuss.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:02:45 AM
We were toast from the beginning.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:17:06 AM
So George Washington was Hero of the People... makes sense!

"The game would have turned out very differently had she not made the wild guess on Vi Veri. When she outed Vi so early, the mafia did not know what to do and most of them made their allegiance pretty obvious. Had they just let Vi go, the game would have not been so lopsided."

Exactly.

JBlake -- Don't let the mafia complain too much about me being over-powered. I was NOT over-powered. On DP1 I investigated Vi because I wanted to recruit her to my Junto (which eliminated 2 of my powers right there). When I found out she was mafia, I called her out on it. MONGOOSE, KRF, FEVERISH, MONGEESE AND BIGMAC ALL PUT HUGE TARGETS ON THEIR HEAD. For one thing mongeese claimed that Ben Franklin was more likely the Inventor when in reality the JOAT made perfect sense. Then Vi mysteriously claimed Inventor. HMM.

KRF did not want comon to role claim -- a very standard thing for someone to do on dp1, and it made perfect sense to target comon first. Aside from that RETARD philosophical, ONLY THE MAFIA stands in defense of someone claiming on dp1. I notice things like this because I'm the bomb. I knew right away KRF was mafia. Then, when he REFUSED to lynch Vi... as did feverish and BigMac so very blatantly at the end (!!!) I knew they were all mafia! All of the evidence was right there, Vi was like 2 votes away, and they all posted and said they refused to vote lol wtf???

Feverish mysteriously did horrible in this game whereas in every other game he's been right on the money. Again, I have good instincts. I notice things like this. KRF's role claim sucked after his horrible defense of Vi on dp1 in addition to not wanting comon to role claim. BigMac's lurking is the only reason I didn't peg him sooner though I did notice him as anti-town right away. Korashk outed himself by posting his role and then the mafia NOT KILLING ANYONE. I'm fairly certain we would have killed Korashk and assumed he was mafia based on that role claim; the mafia wasting that recruit on him was effing dumb.

Mongeese spelled it out even further that he was mafia when he specifically pointed out that I was lying or seemed over-powered in the dp. He said, "So you have a watcher AND a bodyguard?" Since I was a confirmed townie (I explained this to Vi already how I pegged him) he would NEVER EVER EVER want to put suspicion on ** me** a confirmed townie (who he knew was confirmed because he made me confirm myself 3x over -- another scummy thing) when I single handedly destroyed the entire mafia. Why the hell would mongeese want to make me a mafia target??? Implying that I was lying means I am open to a mafia night kill. Right then and there I e-mailed my Junto and said MONGEESE IS MAFIA.

Vi just told me that there was suspect of my cheating AND the fact that I was over-powered. Neither were true. I investigated Vi, investigated Nags, and then was in a PM with Nags and belle. MAFIA -- EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT MASON STUFF WAS A LIE. I was not over-powered! The fact that you think I cheated hurts because you guys suuuuuccccckkkkkeeeeedd as mafia. Mongoose, you wanna talk about toast from the beginning? I ripped you a new one on dp1 because you made yourself SOOO OBVIOUS in defense of Vi -- I was fighting with BOTH of you and told the vig to take you out based on how hostile you were to me. If you knew I was innocent, WHY WOULD YOU FIGHT ME TOOTH AND NAIL LIKE THAT?

In short, I am appalled that the mafia had the AUDACITY to say that *I* was over-powered in looking at their mafia roles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First and foremost, out of 23 players 8 were mafia... that's MORE THAN 1/3 OF THE PLAYERS HOLY SH!T. Usually it's a 1/5 ratio. Second, they had a Prostitute, Framer, Godfather, Janitor AND recruit. Are you kidding??? You had 1/3 of the players and all of those abilities and you think *I* was over-powered???!!! Like JBlake said, the only thing that maybe made me over-powered was being able to use my abilities during the dp which I did to investigate Vi. However, I would have investigated her on NP1 anyway so the result would have been the EXACT same.

You guys are such cry babies -- In no way was I over-powered, ESPECIALLY compared to those mafia stats -- And I did not cheat!!!!!!! Vi and I ALWAYS change our passwords when we start a new mafia game!!!!! I don't know her password, and I didn't log onto her account, or ever EVER look at her account. We have separate laptops. Actually between us we have like *4* laptops. Mongoose and Mongeese are the biggest mafia game cheaters ever and everybody knows it so that's probably why they were suspicious (guilty conscience). Otherwise I can give a step by step analysis pointing out exactly where the mafia messed up with every single player if that would be helpful.

I'm insulted that you think I cheated. I DOMINATE THE MAFIA IN EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. I pretty much take them all out myself. And in KRFs game when I was mafia, there was 8 of us, and by the end I kept * SIX PEOPLE ALIVE * (and mongoose was only killed because mongeese CHEATED on dp1) and my entire mafia was called out on dp1!!! So in case you haven't noticed I'm just really good at this game, and apparently you all suck, because that was the easiest mafia game I have ever played in my life. You did horrible (no offense). I'd rather be constructive with my criticism so as I said I can point out every single thing that made me suspect you all.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:22:16 AM
If Lwerd had only night action abilities, I would have role blocked her until we killed her.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:25:44 AM
IN SHORT: As JBlake said, the entire mafia outed themselves mostly on dp1 in defense of Vi. They should have just let Vi go. Mongoose fought me tooth and nail in defense of Vi and against me, so I told the vig to take him out. There go 2 mafioso right there. THE ENTIRE MAFIA PLAN WAS CENTERED AROUND FIGHTING ME which is flattering on my part but embarrassing on yours. Feverish, KRF and BigMac blatantly refused to vote for Vi on dp1 and she turned out to be the RB. Right there, with them 3 refusing to vote (blatantly!!! and even saying they simply weren't gonna!!!) made them mafia in my mind. Especially because then all 3 of them kept calling my legitimacy into question when I was CONFIRMED. Mongeese also made me confirm myself like 3x and noted that Ben might be Inventor; then Vi claimed it. You guys worried so much about ** ME ** that you forgot to actually play the game and make your own selves not look suspicious.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:26:19 AM
At 6/24/2010 10:22:16 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
If Lwerd had only night action abilities, I would have role blocked her until we killed her.

Again, I'm flattered that there is so much attention on me :) :) :) And then you guys say I'm an attention whore lol you give it to me willingly :P
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:26:40 AM
Ok, cool, you won - I don't think it's appropriate to continue fighting over this issue. Thought it was settled that you didn't cheat after all of the evidence came forth of the suckage.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:27:24 AM
At 6/24/2010 10:26:19 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 6/24/2010 10:22:16 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:

Again, I'm flattered that there is so much attention on me :) :) :) And then you guys say I'm an attention whore lol you give it to me willingly :P

I never said you where an attention whore. And role blocking you would be the intelligent thing to do. You're a good player.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:37:03 AM
At 6/24/2010 10:26:40 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Ok, cool, you won - I don't think it's appropriate to continue fighting over this issue. Thought it was settled that you didn't cheat after all of the evidence came forth of the suckage.

Who's fighting? JBlake said in the OP that I was over-powered and I was pointing out that I was NOT over-powered (because I pretty much lied about everything) and I was pointing out how every single mafioso made themselves look horrible to prove that my role abilities have nothing to do with how bad you got beat. It was your own playing - not me (not you in particular but your team).
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:39:24 AM
Once I recruited belle and Nags I had NO ABILITIES WHATSOEVER. If you hadn't made yourselves look so bad on dp1 the entire game would have gone differently. Every single last mafioso outed themselves on dp1 with their playing. Except Korashk who wasn't mafia. But then later on him revealing his role and then there being no mafia kill gave it away lol so either way you all did this to yourselves and even if I was VANILLA I would have still picked up on the playing style the mafia chose.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:44:07 AM
Congratulations on your win. It was very unfortunate that I was outed the first day phase as it set the course for the rest of the game.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:59:47 AM
At 6/24/2010 10:44:07 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Congratulations on your win. It was very unfortunate that I was outed the first day phase as it set the course for the rest of the game.

Indeed. I'm sorry I investigated you lol but only cuz I wanted to recruit you and I had to make sure it was safe :P
President of DDO
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 2:48:16 PM
I figured that if we didn't take you down then we'd be toast. I didn't want everybody else to be taking the same course of action.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 2:51:21 PM
At 6/24/2010 10:25:44 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Mongeese also made me confirm myself like 3x and noted that Ben might be Inventor; then Vi claimed it.

What? You claimed that Nags could confirm you. Thinking as a townie, even, it made perfect sense to demand that this confirmation actually be declared.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 3:33:19 PM
At 6/24/2010 2:48:16 PM, mongoose wrote:
I figured that if we didn't take you down then we'd be toast. I didn't want everybody else to be taking the same course of action.

Okay, I'm a good player. Had you all just gone along with lynching Vi then we would have had nothing to go on on dp2. Instead, you literally HANDED me the mafia lol: KRF, feves, you, BM, etc. Because you guys were stacked with 1/3 of the players *AND* so many usable roles, the best course of action would have been to suck up the loss. Instead, you told me who the mafia was so we were able to go on from there. I would have been in the dark on dp2 had it not been for dp1.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 3:36:07 PM
At 6/24/2010 2:51:21 PM, mongeese wrote:
Mongeese also made me confirm myself like 3x and noted that Ben might be Inventor; then Vi claimed it.

What? You claimed that Nags could confirm you. Thinking as a townie, even, it made perfect sense to demand that this confirmation actually be declared.

1. Only Vi countered me and she was mafia
2. Nobody else claimed JOAT
3. The fight with Vi confirmed me (I took down her AND mongoose)
4. Nags did confirm this because I recruited him in the dp BEFORE - and he would have said I was lying if I hadn't - you double checked several times which made it seem like you wanted to draw out masons

... In addition to the Vi/Inventor thing, and you pointing out me as a mafia target. Even if I made a typo (confusing the terms bodyguard and watcher) then the ONLY reason you would have second guessed me to point out that discrepancy would be to (a) create suspicion I was lying i.e. not a townie but I was confirmed many times over; (b) point out a loophole if I were lying for the mafia to lynch me, which a townie would never do.
President of DDO
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 6:36:17 PM
At 6/24/2010 3:33:19 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 6/24/2010 2:48:16 PM, mongoose wrote:

Okay, I'm a good player. Had you all just gone along with lynching Vi then we would have had nothing to go on on dp2. Instead, you literally HANDED me the mafia lol: KRF, feves, you, BM, etc. Because you guys were stacked with 1/3 of the players *AND* so many usable roles, the best course of action would have been to suck up the loss. Instead, you told me who the mafia was so we were able to go on from there. I would have been in the dark on dp2 had it not been for dp1.

My plan was to not have EVERYBODY try to get you killed, but risk myself and Vi trying to get you killed. Mongeese was supposed to be on your side on every issue to seem like a townie and cover any loss, but really failed in that regard.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 6:41:30 PM
At 6/24/2010 6:36:17 PM, mongoose wrote:
My plan was to not have EVERYBODY try to get you killed, but risk myself and Vi trying to get you killed. Mongeese was supposed to be on your side on every issue to seem like a townie and cover any loss, but really failed in that regard.

But why sacrifice yourself on dp1? Isn't it bad enough to have the rb down let alone kill another mafioso? You knew I was telling the truth and you knew I'd be able to prove it, so I don't see why you'd risk your neck or why your entire team decided to not only avoid lynching Vi but specifically refuse to. I know that's not your fault but meh it's a team game, eh? Good job though - good game.
President of DDO
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 6:42:23 PM
At 6/24/2010 3:36:07 PM, theLwerd wrote:

4. Nags did confirm this because I recruited him in the dp BEFORE - and he would have said I was lying if I hadn't - you double checked several times which made it seem like you wanted to draw out masons
However, from a townie perspective, how could it possibly hurt to get a proper confirmation from Nags (which wouldn't expose anybody any further)?

... In addition to the Vi/Inventor thing, and you pointing out me as a mafia target. Even if I made a typo (confusing the terms bodyguard and watcher) then the ONLY reason you would have second guessed me to point out that discrepancy would be to (a) create suspicion I was lying i.e. not a townie but I was confirmed many times over; (b) point out a loophole if I were lying for the mafia to lynch me, which a townie would never do.
I was just confused, actually. I wasn't even thinking like a Mafioso.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 6:46:58 PM
At 6/24/2010 6:42:23 PM, mongeese wrote:

However, from a townie perspective, how could it possibly hurt to get a proper confirmation from Nags (which wouldn't expose anybody any further)?

Well, you "refused to go any further" until Nags confirmed me but because of 1--3 I should have been already confirmed. In addition to Nags I was recruited by the Masons, so since Nags didn't contradict his recruit, it seemed like you wanted confirmation from a Mason. Because I had spoke of a Mason Watcher it seemed as if you were purposefully trying to get a mason(s) to come forward. Not only did I recruit the Cop (who nobody countered and which he didn't deny) plus the whole dp1 fiasco, but if I were lying about being a Mason then a MASON would have come forward and said I was lying. Either way at that point it was ridiculously obvious that I was telling the truth, a townie and confirmed and yet you pushing the issue was just more of what the entire rest of the mafia was doing: putting doubt and suspicion on me. The same thing applies to you being confused. You had every right to be confused cuz of my typo but either way since I was a confirmed townie (even by your standards) then why even point it out??? It only made me seem like I was lying or wrong which was not pro-town in any way whatsoever.
President of DDO
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 7:19:03 PM
At 6/24/2010 6:46:58 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 6/24/2010 6:42:23 PM, mongeese wrote:

Well, you "refused to go any further" until Nags confirmed me but because of 1--3 I should have been already confirmed.
Confirmed somewhat, yes, but the chance for a 100% confirmation shouldn't be passed up.
In addition to Nags I was recruited by the Masons, so since Nags didn't contradict his recruit, it seemed like you wanted confirmation from a Mason.
No, I specified Nags.
Because I had spoke of a Mason Watcher it seemed as if you were purposefully trying to get a mason(s) to come forward. Not only did I recruit the Cop (who nobody countered and which he didn't deny) plus the whole dp1 fiasco, but if I were lying about being a Mason then a MASON would have come forward and said I was lying.
No, a Mason wouldn't have to. Nags would simply point it out. Given that Nags had neither confirmed nor denied being recruited, it seemed likely that he hadn't even read that you had claimed to recruit him. It seemed somewhat suspicious, given that even if he had skipped over it, you probably would have told him to vouch for you, although this was supposed to be cleared up.
Either way at that point it was ridiculously obvious that I was telling the truth, a townie and confirmed and yet you pushing the issue was just more of what the entire rest of the mafia was doing: putting doubt and suspicion on me.
Actually, I was putting forward away for you to be confirmed beyond a doubt. I would have performed no differently then had I been townie.
The same thing applies to you being confused. You had every right to be confused cuz of my typo but either way since I was a confirmed townie (even by your standards) then why even point it out???
Clarification beats being confused.
It only made me seem like I was lying or wrong which was not pro-town in any way whatsoever.
Lying or wrong? I believed that it was a typo, and by then, you had been confirmed 100%, so there was no chance to create doubt anymore.

In conclusion, I would have behaved no differently had I been townie.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:05:09 PM
At 6/24/2010 7:19:03 PM, mongeese wrote:
In conclusion, I would have behaved no differently had I been townie.

That's sad.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 10:58:28 AM
At 6/24/2010 9:33:42 PM, Nags wrote:
That was an absolute slaughter - only five day phases.

Woulda been shorter if the vig listened to me about killing feverish instead of our watcher ;P
President of DDO