Jump to topic:

DDO D&D game thread 2

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 8:27:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
A nasty looking half-giant wakes you up and tells you to get your equipment ready and go to the arena. Anyone disobeying? (inadvisable :P)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 10:58:44 AM
At 6/25/2010 8:27:43 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
A nasty looking half-giant wakes you up and tells you to get your equipment ready and go to the arena. Anyone disobeying? (inadvisable :P)

<sigh>
"Here we go again!"

(gets stuff together and complies)

(OOC: In awnser to peoples questions last night, I bought some clothes, a new crossbow, a dagger and wizardly bits).
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 11:02:22 AM
At 6/25/2010 8:27:43 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

lol

The halfling thinks:If he's a large creature... I'm really small for him... better not to endanger my clunky comrades though...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 11:04:05 AM
**Grabs unclaimed dagger on his way out

It's a "backup"
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 11:46:39 AM
"Damn, I wasted money!"
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 1:06:15 PM
(Wiz and sorc get staves waiting in their rooms, cleric gets antitoxin in pocket, I don't wanna hear more discussion about yesterday's loot. :P

I take it there's a consensus to obey and get bottom's moving.)

As you enter the arena, you see at the other end three female goblins dual wielding daggers. They are clearly enraged. They screech "We heard what you did to our friend and that hunk Gronk!"

Apparently the fellow had quite a fan club.

The corpses are cleaned up.

Pastehtml isn't loading for me so:

http://imperialsenate.myfreeforum.org...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 1:22:52 PM
(I assume that I've already donned my armor, shield, and morningstar.)
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 4:08:46 PM
I assume it too.

Gotta roll initiative :P

goblin 1: 13
2: 7
3. 2.
Puck: 6
Matt: 15.
Cerebral: 3
Korashk: 9
Kahvan: 4.

Matt's up first.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 9:02:53 PM
woo, pastehtml working again:

http://pastehtml.com...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 9:12:40 PM
move to 25-P.... and ready Javelin for any opponent moving in range

Metaphysics:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 9:39:21 PM
in what range precisely?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 9:43:08 PM
since yer offline I'll presume that's yer 30 foot optimal range, since legally you can try a throw right now :P.

goblin 1 moves 40 feet south, Korashk's turn.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 9:49:06 PM
The cleric takes his holy symbol in hand and begins a chant, about one minute later he doubles in height, and his armor and weapon change size accordingly.

(Cast Enlarge person on myself and take a 5 foot step directly forward. Since I probably won't be on when my next turn comes around my next action is: cast divine favor on myself and move my speed towards the closest enemy.)
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 9:51:37 PM
At 6/25/2010 9:49:06 PM, Korashk wrote:
The cleric takes his holy symbol in hand and begins a chant, about six seconds later he doubles in height, and his armor and weapon change size accordingly.

(Cast Enlarge person on myself and take a 5 foot step directly forward. Since I probably won't be on when my next turn comes around my next action is: cast divine favor on myself and move my speed towards the closest enemy.)

(Fix'd, rounds are six seconds, not a minute >_<)
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 10:02:52 PM
Goblin 2 moves 40 feet forward.

Puck gave detailed instructions that I'm gonna interpret in light of the situation as

Puck charges the second goblin

He must have hacked my dice or something. Natural 20 attack, natural 20 to confirm the crit. (a third meaningless roll was thankfully not 20). Total damage is 33.

Puck shatters the skull of the second goblin. Brains fly everywhere.

Kahvan's turn.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 11:23:36 PM
(Change the move action to just outside charging range of the closest enemy if I can't move within one square of it. Paraphrased, move within one square of closest enemy, or if that's not possible move just outside of charging range.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 11:35:00 PM
(Note: I cast Mage Armour before entering arena, thats cool right? Duration 2 hours).
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 11:39:26 PM
At 6/25/2010 11:35:00 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
(Note: I cast Mage Armour before entering arena, thats cool right? Duration 2 hours).

(I'll buy it)
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 8:00:51 PM
Actually, the nearest enemies are over 80 ft away. The arena's pretty sizable.
I can put you in range of one of them, but that one's in melee, you'll take a -4 penalty. Another I can't put ya in range of so it's -2.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 8:02:33 PM
... and yer offline. I'll go with the -2, moving ya forward 25 feet to get a good angle. lol roll is 4.

Kahvan shoots a crossbow bolt at the gate. Ding!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 8:03:00 PM
cerebral, yer up.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 8:07:14 PM
At 6/26/2010 8:00:51 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Actually, the nearest enemies are over 80 ft away. The arena's pretty sizable.
I can put you in range of one of them, but that one's in melee, you'll take a -4 penalty. Another I can't put ya in range of so it's -2.

100?

That's the maximum I can figure out.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 8:12:38 PM
At 6/25/2010 10:02:52 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Puck gave detailed instructions that I'm gonna interpret in light of the situation as

How far can that dwarf charge??
by my estimation: 70ft...

o.0

Metaphysics:
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 8:52:11 PM
At 6/26/2010 8:12:38 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

o.0

60ft. 20 Dwarf + 10 Barbarian -> charge doubles. Goblin moved 40 forward, so. makes for a 100ft Arena.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 8:52:55 PM
At 6/26/2010 8:52:11 PM, Puck wrote:

o.0

60ft. 20 Dwarf + 10 Barbarian -> charge doubles. Goblin moved 40 forward, so. makes for a 100ft Arena.

That's a purdy sweet charge.

Metaphysics:
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 8:56:38 PM
At 6/26/2010 8:52:55 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 6/26/2010 8:52:11 PM, Puck wrote:

o.0

That's a purdy sweet charge.

Fairly sure it's standard for most medium sized races.