Jump to topic:

Journey to Enlightenment?

Mr_Jack_Nixon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 12:50:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
So this is my second post that I am posting mostly because of my first post. In the past I looked upon my intelligence as being great. I was arrogant. But, as I look through these forums, I find that the intelligence I do have is very insignificant compared to what others have.

I write this as a plea, a plea to the ones who would consider themselves wise to educate me on how to become a person of further enlightenment.

Any takers?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 12:54:41 AM
At 6/26/2010 12:50:04 AM, Mr_Jack_Nixon wrote:
So this is my second post that I am posting mostly because of my first post. In the past I looked upon my intelligence as being great. I was arrogant. But, as I look through these forums, I find that the intelligence I do have is very insignificant compared to what others have.

I'm pretty unintelligent compared to most people here too so that makes two. :)
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 12:55:02 AM
Um... well, it's a good start that you've at least recognized that you can get schooled pretty well on this site.

But otherwise, there isn't much to do except continue to use the site. Talk about your ideas, prepare to defend them as best you can, don't take it personally if they get critiqued, and then review what you and others have said to see what makes sense and what simply doesn't. You can change a lot of your views that way, and if you want to be "enlightened" then simply be open-minded and listen. Not hard to do at all.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 12:56:44 AM
Research more deeply into topics that interest you.

If you try to research things that don't interest you, you probably won't find it useful nor will you retain it.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat