Jump to topic:

DDO D&D game thread 3

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:26:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
There seems to be a consensus to get a move on and walk in, so ya'll do.

Ya see a bunch of humans with quarterstaves and pitchforks.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:32:09 AM
ooh, gotta roll ini. And Korashk casted enlarge person just before he entered.

Matt: 11
Korashk: 6
Puck: 18
Cerebral: 14
Kahvan: 10
1: 12
2:3
3: 20
4: 8
5:1
6:5
7: 15
8:6
9: 1
10 (0):10

1-5 have pitchforks 6-10 have quarterstaves.

3 moves 30 feet south.

Puck's turn.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:33:33 AM
(Before we enter I'll cast Mage Armour on me, and Bulls Strength on Puck if thats okay).

"Gentleman, target the ones with staves just in case, the ones with pitchforks are probably quite pathetic so lets allow ourselves a little more showmanship and hopefully the crowed will be generous."
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:35:58 AM
At 7/2/2010 10:33:33 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
(Before we enter I'll cast Mage Armour on me, and Bulls Strength on Puck if thats okay).

"Gentleman, target the ones with staves just in case, the ones with pitchforks are probably quite pathetic so lets allow ourselves a little more showmanship and hopefully the crowed will be generous."

lets not be jerks

who says we gotta fight'em
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:37:04 AM
1 spell before entering, since ya didn't define it beforehand. So ya get the mage armor :P.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:38:07 AM
At 7/2/2010 10:35:58 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

lets not be jerks

And I don't really give a Rat's *** what that Voice in the stands has to say in case He speaks up.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:39:15 AM
The voice just laughs and watches intently.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:45:12 AM
At 7/2/2010 10:35:58 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

lets not be jerks

You do know that we are gladatorial slaves right?

(PS: Sure, I'll bulls strength Puck on my first action then).
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:51:49 AM
First one to attack an innocent gets a javelin in their back.

Metaphysics:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:55:12 AM
lol, methinks Puck wants to move forward 40 feet and ready his trident, standing orders from PMs for this sort of sitch anyway. 7 moves forward 30 feet, Cerebral's turn.

The commoners wonder if the halfling has some sort of escape plan or something.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:59:28 AM
Cursing loudly at the halfing but assuming there will still be combat I am still going to follow Puck and cast Bulls strength on him. Hopefully the increased force will allow a good spray of frozen blood droplets.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:11:50 AM
hmm, you move 5 feet right and 30 forward (diagonal rules) and cast it right up.

1 moves forward, Matt's turn, let's see what kinda skeelz you got in peacemaking :P
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:05:24 PM
I move 25 ft. forward...

and yell to the commoners to stay where they are...

"there's no reason to kill each other... we're better off killing the hounds of our captor!"

"That said... clearly attacking us would be a mistake on your end"... Motions toward my almost heroic-looking companions.

"so don't do it."

Metaphysics:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:06:37 PM
Any skill check ya wanna include with that?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:07:03 PM
also...

says again to companions: don't attack if they don't... I'm quite serious.

Metaphysics:
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:08:32 PM
"They are just going to die when our captor gets bored by this nobility and releases something horrific to attack us all."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:08:34 PM
At 7/2/2010 12:06:37 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Any skill check ya wanna include with that?

umm (Jump Skills!) no... not really...

lol, Nods to kahvan: you try.

Metaphysics:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:10:40 PM
hmm, well, it's Kahvan's turn (he beats the tiebreaker roll with the other 10 ini common)

The commoners harrumph, so far unconvinced that their odds are better on these people's sides.\
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:11:46 PM
i attempt to reason with them
"You really DONT want to try. (steps forward next to him) We have no desire to fight you."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:13:31 PM
At 7/2/2010 12:11:46 PM, Kahvan wrote:
"You really DONT want to try. (steps forward next to him) We have no desire to fight you."

Any skills you wanna try?

The moderator notices 4 points in bluff on a character sheet
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:13:40 PM
At 7/2/2010 12:11:46 PM, Kahvan wrote:

next to matt
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:16:57 PM
hmm, got pmed with "go for it."

Kahvan says "We can give you good odds of survival"

Bluff roll 23 opposes a sense motive check of 5. Nasty. The commoners all shout "We pledge our fealty for the protection of our new lords right there" and kneel.

The voice in the stands starts laughing loudly.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:19:00 PM
"Oh for the love of the Gods" <sigh>
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:19:27 PM
http://pastehtml.com...

Korashk gets to move before whatever's bursting through the gates bursts through.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:39:36 PM
(I am going offline soon, if it rolls round to me then I'll be magic missiling the new threat).
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 2:09:23 PM
The cleric chants over his holy symbol for a few seconds, after he finishes it seems like his gargantuan frame has gained sifnificant strength. After this is finished he moves diagonally up and to the left as far as he can.

(Cast Bull's Strength on muself and move diagonally up and left as far as I can.)
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown