Jump to topic:

Catch a mouse?

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:28:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I think I've been outsmarted by a mouse.

My mom said I could keep her if it was just one mouse and we could catch her. My stepdad then said he had reason to belive she gave birth so now they want to poison them. I'm still trying to catch her, by leaving non harmful traps and not like the live traps you buy cause those sufficate them. I'm making my own and once I have her I can get her in a cage give her some food, and get help getting to the babies and saving them, and selling them at an older age.

I used a paper towel with peanut butter to try and lure her out, but then when my back was turned she took the paper towl and went back home.
If she wasn't going to be killed I'd let her live like that, but I want her safe happy and alive and the same for her babies.

This is for helping me save living creatures. And yes that does mean I got over my little bit of depression earlier, and when I'm in a normal and not overly emotional mood, I can think clearly and know I did help some out and I need to keep trying, and I can't just stop caring, but the question of my mental health isn't really the topic, just thought someone might try and be rude about that.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:31:01 PM
(even if it doesn't matter in this topic Strikeeagle84015 did alot in helping me get over it and I really am thankful. Even if I die soon I can still make the most of it and I know that now.)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:32:09 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:29:48 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
They are mice. Build a bridge and get over it.

Well I wasn't planning on getting married to them and having mousy babies. I was planning on saving 1+ lives for the sake of goodness fairness and because its what I believe in
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:32:59 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:31:01 PM, lovelife wrote:
(even if it doesn't matter in this topic Strikeeagle84015 did alot in helping me get over it and I really am thankful. Even if I die soon I can still make the most of it and I know that now.)

I was only talking about the mouse problem. I'm glad that you care for animals, but when it comes down to it, they are only mice.

You won't die soon. Always look at the bright side. Tomorrow's another day, so on and so on. It's not good to constantly bring yourself down.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:37:33 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:32:59 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

I was only talking about the mouse problem. I'm glad that you care for animals, but when it comes down to it, they are only mice.

You won't die soon. Always look at the bright side. Tomorrow's another day, so on and so on. It's not good to constantly bring yourself down.

Lmao I will, I like sweets too much just to stop, even if death is the penalty for eating a cupcake, I'll eat it anyway.

Lol that wasn't directed at you, I ment to post it before anyone else read and responded to this.

When it comes down to it humans are just animals and all animals should have the same rights. Much like the foxies, I doubt anyone piosoning and killing the mousy family will then eat them? No its just killing basically for fun.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:39:00 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:37:33 PM, lovelife wrote:

Lmao I will, I like sweets too much just to stop, even if death is the penalty for eating a cupcake, I'll eat it anyway.

Lol that wasn't directed at you, I ment to post it before anyone else read and responded to this.

When it comes down to it humans are just animals and all animals should have the same rights. Much like the foxies, I doubt anyone piosoning and killing the mousy family will then eat them? No its just killing basically for fun.

ummm people kill mice because they are pest and they get into things and ruin stuff.... I don't know anyone that kills mice for the fun of it..
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:39:56 PM

You are right in saying that humans are animals. However, humans have come up with rights that apply to humans. There are no other animals that can devise the concept of "rights."

If I drive a car and kill a fox in the middle of the road, I won't be in any trouble. If I drive a car and kill a human in the middle of the road, I'll probably be in a lot of trouble.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:41:02 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:39:00 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:

ummm people kill mice because they are pest and they get into things and ruin stuff.... I don't know anyone that kills mice for the fun of it..

My stepdad does. He just wants them dead. And again with the pest control? Humans need to accept that others can live with them and I'm not just saying domestic cats and dogs and animals they buy, animals that come to them and wish to be part of their home.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:43:43 PM
but if you really want to catch this mouse here is what you should do....

Take a 5 gallon bucket and drill two holes in the top of it straight across from each other.
get a metal rod that fits through the holes.
take an empty pop can and poke a hold in the bottom of it.
smear peanut butter on the pop can.
thread the metal rod through the pop can and through the holes in the bucket.
FIN

what will happen is the mouse will climb onto the bucket run out onto the pop can to get the peanut butter and the can will roll causing the mouse to fall into the bucket. hence trapping it so it can't get out

BE WARNED if you have chipmunks or the such they will also try to get to the peanut butter and will also get trapped.

ALSO make sure the hole in the pop can is large enough so that the can will actually roll.

and yes, it will work if you do it right. How do I know? because my family uses this to catch squirrels and chipmunks that tear up the garden by my house... except we put used oil in the bucket so the drown... but thats another story -_- lol
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:46:15 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:41:02 PM, lovelife wrote:

My stepdad does. He just wants them dead. And again with the pest control? Humans need to accept that others can live with them and I'm not just saying domestic cats and dogs and animals they buy, animals that come to them and wish to be part of their home.

He probably doesn't want them to become pest.

ummm yes other animals can indeed live with humans... most simply won't comply however
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:47:05 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:39:56 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

You are right in saying that humans are animals. However, humans have come up with rights that apply to humans. There are no other animals that can devise the concept of "rights."

If I drive a car and kill a fox in the middle of the road, I won't be in any trouble. If I drive a car and kill a human in the middle of the road, I'll probably be in a lot of trouble.

lulz 10/10 for manslaughter.... THAT REMINDS ME... time to make a new topic
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:49:00 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:43:43 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:

Take a 5 gallon bucket and drill two holes in the top of it straight across from each other.
FIN

what will happen is the mouse will climb onto the bucket run out onto the pop can to get the peanut butter and the can will roll causing the mouse to fall into the bucket. hence trapping it so it can't get out

BE WARNED if you have chipmunks or the such they will also try to get to the peanut butter and will also get trapped.

ALSO make sure the hole in the pop can is large enough so that the can will actually roll.

and yes, it will work if you do it right. How do I know? because my family uses this to catch squirrels and chipmunks that tear up the garden by my house... except we put used oil in the bucket so the drown... but thats another story -_- lol
you really didn't have to put the last part on there.
Anyway I'm sure that will work, I'll try it out once I read through it enough to visualize and understand it, and will ask my mom to help me with it, and hope she agrees. (yes I'm kinda slow and need to read things a few times to understand whats said, especially when its something physical such as creating a trap. Nothing against you or what you said, just my weird retardation I suppose)
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:51:27 PM
I can't visualize this contraption either. I think he should explain it better.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:51:49 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:39:56 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

What the law does and whats right is NOT always the same. Is segragation right? Used to be the way the US was, until a group of dedicated people fought for what they believe to be true. Just cause the law didn't do anything about blacks not being able to go certain places, doesn't mean it was/is right.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:52:57 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:49:00 PM, lovelife wrote:

FIN

Anyway I'm sure that will work, I'll try it out once I read through it enough to visualize and understand it, and will ask my mom to help me with it, and hope she agrees. (yes I'm kinda slow and need to read things a few times to understand whats said, especially when its something physical such as creating a trap. Nothing against you or what you said, just my weird retardation I suppose)

http://lmgtfy.com...

go to images, and it should be the second picture (the one with the beer can)
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:53:30 PM
(yes I'm kinda slow and need to read things a few times to understand whats said, especially when its something physical such as creating a trap. Nothing against you or what you said, just my **being a woman I suppose)

whoa who said that!?!

Uncalled for!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:55:30 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:46:15 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:41:02 PM, lovelife wrote:

He probably doesn't want them to become pest.

ummm yes other animals can indeed live with humans... most simply won't comply however

No, he just likes killing non humans. He laughs about drowning kittens, he makes jokes about dogs being killed just for growling at a kid who kept pulling her ears and tail. he is sick and wrong and about 90% why I feel so strong about saving animals.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:55:53 PM
also... the time I sought to catch mice I just put a piece of pie on a plate and propped a box up on a twig... which was tied to a string which led to ME lying completely still about 12 feet away (just outside the kitchen.

It took about 2-3 hours.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:59:01 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:52:57 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:

FIN

This was a bit douchy of you.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:59:22 PM
and then... slide a piece of cardboard under the box... so as not to let him escape...

lift it all up... and carry him outside a couple hundred feet away

Metaphysics:
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:00:23 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:53:30 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
(yes I'm kinda slow and need to read things a few times to understand whats said, especially when its something physical such as creating a trap. Nothing against you or what you said, just my **being a woman I suppose)

whoa who said that!?!

Uncalled for!

why do people feel the need to twist my words. Gah I should make a new account and say I'm male, then see what ppl think. I'm too lazy and a little focussed on Sasuke right now tho. (I named mousey Sasuke because she is a black ninja mousey and I swear she smirked at me.)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:01:40 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:55:53 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
also... the time I sought to catch mice I just put a piece of pie on a plate and propped a box up on a twig... which was tied to a string which led to ME lying completely still about 12 feet away (just outside the kitchen.

It took about 2-3 hours.

I was thinking about that, but became scared it might take too long)
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:02:20 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:59:01 PM, Korashk wrote:

FIN

I didn't mean it in a douche bag manor, I would have simply posted a link to the image but it would not load. and i didn't feel like saying... alright go to google image type in chipmunk bucket trap and look at the second image ... when i could just make a link and say second image. I'm not mitch i dont take every chance i can when somebody ask a question to use lmgtfy
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:04:07 PM
This would also work well :)

http://www.cotef.org...

Metaphysics:
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:05:01 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:04:07 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
This would also work well :)

http://www.cotef.org...

lol i agree

however some people seem to want to catch it alive... -_-... not sure why
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:05:27 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:00:33 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Not really. He was just elaborating.

Let me google that for you is a site made specifically for the purposes of mocking people, and you don't know him like I do.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:05:40 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:02:20 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:59:01 PM, Korashk wrote:

FIN

I didn't mean it in a douche bag manor, I would have simply posted a link to the image but it would not load. and i didn't feel like saying... alright go to google image type in chipmunk bucket trap and look at the second image ... when i could just make a link and say second image. I'm not mitch i dont take every chance i can when somebody ask a question to use lmgtfy

when I first clicked on it, I kinda thought it was an insult but whatever it should help me better understand what to do.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:06:36 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:05:27 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 7/2/2010 11:00:33 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Not really. He was just elaborating.

Let me google that for you is a site made specifically for the purposes of mocking people, and you don't know him like I do.

except you took it completely wrong, and in fact i never use lmgtfy... mitch is the one that uses it to mock people, i simply used it to GOOGLE IT for them, hence taking away a step in explaining it.