Jump to topic:

Hit and Run

xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:50:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So, this has come up quite a bit with the people i hang out with, and I was curious as to everyone else's ideas towards this.

So say your driving home at around midnight (in the country) where their are very few (if any) cars or people around. In this area hitting a deer is quite common place and happens very often. What would you do if while you were driving you hit a person?

Keep in mind, its midnight, in the country, their is nobody else around, and hitting a deer is very common.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:54:10 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:50:35 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
So, this has come up quite a bit with the people i hang out with, and I was curious as to everyone else's ideas towards this.

So say your driving home at around midnight (in the country) where their are very few (if any) cars or people around. In this area hitting a deer is quite common place and happens very often. What would you do if while you were driving you hit a person?

Keep in mind, its midnight, in the country, their is nobody else around, and hitting a deer is very common.

While I was driving, would I know that I hit a person? Or would I assume that I hit a deer?
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:54:52 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:54:10 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

While I was driving, would I know that I hit a person? Or would I assume that I hit a deer?

yes while you were driving,

and you know you hit a person
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:58:15 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:54:52 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:

Honestly, I would freak out. I'd probably: take my foot of the gas, stop my car, get out, run to the person, freak out, grab my cell phone, call 911, help the person to the best of my ability, help the person into an ambulance when the paramedics arrive, tell the story to the cops, and get ready for trial.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:02:08 PM
Heh, you're a better person than me. Alan knows what I'd do, and even though it's the most surefire way to avoid legal complications whether you think it's smart or not.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:04:05 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:02:08 PM, Korashk wrote:
Heh, you're a better person than me. Alan knows what I'd do, and even though it's the most surefire way to avoid legal complications whether you think it's smart or not.

lulz mhm, alot of people I have asked this off would actually play this off as them hitting a deer, just go home, wait a day (maybe) report that you hit a deer, and then get your car fixed.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:05:55 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:04:05 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:

lulz mhm, alot of people I have asked this off would actually play this off as them hitting a deer, just go home, wait a day (maybe) report that you hit a deer, and then get your car fixed.

Really? I couldn't live with myself knowing that I killed someone without facing consequences.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:10:14 PM
if i KNEW they were dead...

and thought I could NOT have people notice my car...

I'd prolly be tempted to bring'em to the side of the road... and go and find an anonymous way to report it.

==========

BUT If I thought there was even a remote possibility of their still being alive... I'd call 911 and get them help in the quickest manner possible.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:10:58 PM

That would not be the most surefire way to avoid legal complications, and I have no idea what your response has to do with the post you quoted.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:13:56 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:04:29 PM, Nags wrote:
*Reverse*
*Drive*
*Reverse*
*Drive*

All good.

Depends on if I know the person, and if I judge them to be worthy of life. In most cases I 100% agree with Nags
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:15:52 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:13:56 PM, lovelife wrote:
*Reverse*
*Drive*
*Reverse*
*Drive*

All good.

Depends on if I know the person, and if I judge them to be worthy of life. In most cases I 100% agree with Nags

I was jk'ing. You're kinda fucked up.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:24:30 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:15:52 PM, Nags wrote:
*Reverse*
*Drive*
*Reverse*
*Drive*

All good.

I was jk'ing. You're kinda fucked up.

thank you ^-^
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:28:16 PM

I'd get out of my car, shine my torch, phone for an ambulance, look for the person and see what state they were in. Would probably try to position my car with hazard lights on so that the poor sod did not get run over again and that I dont join him.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:29:24 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:28:16 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I'd get out of my car, shine my torch, phone for an ambulance, look for the person and see what state they were in. Would probably try to position my car with hazard lights on so that the poor sod did not get run over again and that I dont join him.

shine your torch.... what century are you from???
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:29:33 PM

Wait, wait, wait. You carry a torch with you?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:29:37 PM

You must know a lot of sociopaths then.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:30:45 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:29:33 PM, Nags wrote:

lulz 10/10
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:31:26 PM

will go to lengths to save arachnids

but will murder people if convenient.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:32:12 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:29:24 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:

shine your torch.... what century are you from???

Erm... what?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:32:15 PM

he's british

Metaphysics:
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:33:10 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:32:15 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

he's british

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH right lmao, so a flare?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:34:28 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:33:10 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:

he's british

You're so retarded.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:34:38 PM

If I was in the habit of driving down country roads in the middle of the night I would have a torch in the glove compartment. Otherwise my chances of finding the fellow (if he is unconcious) are slim to none. Unless he happens to show up still in the car headlights.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:35:24 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:31:26 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

yep. Well if its convenient, and they are bad people.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:35:35 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:34:28 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 7/2/2010 11:33:10 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:

he's british

You're so retarded.

hey now, no reason to be a douche bag.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:36:38 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:35:24 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 11:31:26 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

yep. Well if its convenient, and they are bad people.

We're talking about driving around at night and randomly hitting some random person.