Jump to topic:

Brits, & Independence Day

Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2010 2:41:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have to ask my British friends out there what do you guys view the American Revolution like are you guys pissed about it?
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2010 2:46:04 PM
At 7/4/2010 2:41:39 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
I have to ask my British friends out there what do you guys view the American Revolution like are you guys pissed about it?

Why would we be pissed about it? It happened an awfully long time ago, I think we are over it. Give it a few decades and we will probably celebrate it over here.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2010 2:55:47 PM
At 7/4/2010 2:46:04 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Why would we be pissed about it? It happened an awfully long time ago, I think we are over it. Give it a few decades and we will probably celebrate it over here.

Still you entire army the best and brightest Generals you could muster and a divided country and you somehow managed to lose to like a dozen guys that had never seen a gun till you started shooting at them that could be a little angering
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2010 2:58:54 PM
At 7/4/2010 2:55:47 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

Still you entire army the best and brightest Generals you could muster and a divided country and you somehow managed to lose to like a dozen guys that had never seen a gun till you started shooting at them that could be a little angering

A dozen guys? haha. That's obviously a figure of speech(I hope) but you still forget that America would have never won without all our help from France.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2010 3:18:28 PM

1: It happened long before I was born.
2: The DNA of which I am comprised could have been anywhere at the time.
3: 'We' could probably have won, the price of victory was almost certainly too high.
4: America had aid from Spain, France, and the Dutch.
5: A sizable chunk of our army were Germans.
6: We got our own back in the war of 1812.
7: Why should English settlers pay their taxes to an insane German whilst being denied the same rights his subjects back home are?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2010 3:20:37 PM

Well, it wasn't quite like that.
BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2010 4:35:27 PM
It's not like anyone gives a sh!t about what happened 200+ years ago. Who holds a grudge against their great-great-great-great-..etc..-GRANDFATHER's mortal enemy?
I'm back.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2010 5:35:31 PM

No way am I p!ssed off about it, fair play to you guys for shrugging off the imperialist yolk.

I'm in no way ashamed to be British but personally I don't really think collonialism is a good look and I'm glad we don't own half the world anymore.

It's just a shame that you guys also decided to go down the empire building road yourselves.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2010 6:32:50 PM
At 7/4/2010 4:35:27 PM, BigMac wrote:
It's not like anyone gives a sh!t about what happened 200+ years ago. Who holds a grudge against their great-great-great-great-..etc..-GRANDFATHER's mortal enemy?

The people in the Middle East

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 3:19:41 AM

Are you f*cking kidding me? You guys have rednecks and flame-wars between political pundits and Malboro baptist church, why the hell would we be pissed that we don't have any of that? we have our own problems.

F*ck your country dude you can have it.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 3:40:27 AM
Well, we may have lost America, India and most of Africa but we have still got:

Anguilla,
Bermuda,
The British Antarctic Territory,
The British Indian Ocean Territory,
The British Virgin Islands,
The Cayman Islands,
The Falkland Islands,
Gibraltar,
Montserrat,
Saint Helena,
Ascension and Tristan da Cunha,
The Turks and Caicos Islands,
The Pitcairn Islands,
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands.

In addition, the Channel Islands (off the coast of France) and the Isle of Man (in the Irish Sea) are Crown Dependencies - that is they belong to the Queen. Plus, the Queen is head of state in:

Australia,
New Zealand,
Canada,
Jamaica,
Antigua and Barbuda,
The Bahamas,
Barbados,
Grenada,
Belize,
St Christopher and Nevis
St Lucia
Solomon Islands
Tuvalu
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Papua New Guinea

Furthermore, English is the official or de facto language of:

Botswana,
Cameroon,
Dominica,
Fiji,
The Gambia,
Ghana,
Guyana,
India,
Ireland,
Kenya,
Kiribati,
Lesotho,
Liberia,
Madagascar,
Malawi,
Malta,
Marshall Islands,
Mauritius,
Micronesia,
Namibia,
Nauru,
Nigeria,
Pakistan,
Palau,
Philippines,
Rwanda,
Saint Kitts and Nevis,
Saint Lucia,
Samoa,
Seychelles,
Sierra Leone,
Singapore,
Solomon Islands,
South Africa,
Sudan,
Swaziland,
Tanzania,
Tonga,
Trinidad and Tobago,
Uganda,
Vanuatu,
Zambia,
Zimbabwe,
Anguilla,
Christmas Island,
Cook Islands,
Hong Kong,
Montserrat,
Netherlands Antilles,
Niue,
Norfolk Island,
Northern Mariana Islands,
Tokelau,

and, of course:

The United States of America!

Oh, and the Union Jack is incorporated into Flag of the State of Hawaii.

That's a lot of political, cultural and linguistic influence for a little island perched on the edge of Europe, don't you think?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...