Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

Helping

lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 1:57:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
How do you handle talking to someone who thinks someone close to them (such as their parent) is dead?

What do you say?

And what about if someone close to you is having someone close to them die, but they aren't yet but you know they will (such as someones parent has cancer)?

Just want help on how to talk to people in these hard situations.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 1:59:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Ask them if they were Christian or not.

If not then tell them they will be burning in hell for all eternity.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 2:10:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 1:59:11 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Ask them if they were Christian or not.

If not then tell them they will be burning in hell for all eternity.

I meant something that wont make him kill himself. I'm trying to help, not worsen things.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:04:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
First off FREEDO you may very well be the biggest jerk on this site

However,
If he is not religious then is there anything that you really can say. Just try and convince him that things will get better eventually
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:08:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:04:36 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
First off FREEDO you may very well be the biggest jerk on this site


I agree with that.


However,
If he is not religious then is there anything that you really can say. Just try and convince him that things will get better eventually

We don't even know if he's dead. All I know is theres no evidence he's been at the house in about a week, and people talking about moving. He's convinced he's dead tho.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:16:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:04:36 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
First off FREEDO you may very well be the biggest jerk on this site


However,
If he is not religious then is there anything that you really can say. Just try and convince him that things will get better eventually

Troll = ignore.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:16:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:16:21 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:04:36 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
First off FREEDO you may very well be the biggest jerk on this site


However,
If he is not religious then is there anything that you really can say. Just try and convince him that things will get better eventually

Troll = ignore.

Just a message that you should ignore trolls.
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:17:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:16:41 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:16:21 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:04:36 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
First off FREEDO you may very well be the biggest jerk on this site


However,
If he is not religious then is there anything that you really can say. Just try and convince him that things will get better eventually

Troll = ignore.

Just a message that you should ignore trolls.

Wait am I the troll or is FREEDO?
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:18:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:08:40 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:04:36 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
First off FREEDO you may very well be the biggest jerk on this site



I agree with that.


However,
If he is not religious then is there anything that you really can say. Just try and convince him that things will get better eventually

We don't even know if he's dead. All I know is theres no evidence he's been at the house in about a week, and people talking about moving. He's convinced he's dead tho.

I really don't know what you could say, I am sorry I can't be more helpful
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:18:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:17:07 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:16:41 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:16:21 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:04:36 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
First off FREEDO you may very well be the biggest jerk on this site


However,
If he is not religious then is there anything that you really can say. Just try and convince him that things will get better eventually

Troll = ignore.

Just a message that you should ignore trolls.

Wait am I the troll or is FREEDO?

I'm talking about lovelife.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:19:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I am a troll. I made a joke that obviously wasn't meant to be taken seriously yet made a good but unrelated point at the same time. And I am not really a jerk. =P that hurt my feelings.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:19:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:18:02 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:


I really don't know what you could say, I am sorry I can't be more helpful

You're helping the troll by feeding it with your posts. Ignore, ignore.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:20:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:19:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I am a troll. I made a joke that obviously wasn't meant to be taken seriously yet made a good but unrelated point at the same time. And I am not really a jerk. =P that hurt my feelings.

I didn't call you a jerk. I am saying that lovelife is a troll.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:20:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:18:34 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:17:07 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:16:41 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:16:21 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:04:36 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
First off FREEDO you may very well be the biggest jerk on this site


However,
If he is not religious then is there anything that you really can say. Just try and convince him that things will get better eventually

Troll = ignore.

Just a message that you should ignore trolls.

Wait am I the troll or is FREEDO?

I'm talking about lovelife.

Wait, why is lovelife a troll? I'm confused.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:20:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:20:18 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:19:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I am a troll. I made a joke that obviously wasn't meant to be taken seriously yet made a good but unrelated point at the same time. And I am not really a jerk. =P that hurt my feelings.

I didn't call you a jerk. I am saying that lovelife is a troll.

And why do you think she is a troll?
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:24:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:20:18 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:19:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I am a troll. I made a joke that obviously wasn't meant to be taken seriously yet made a good but unrelated point at the same time. And I am not really a jerk. =P that hurt my feelings.

I didn't call you a jerk. I am saying that lovelife is a troll.

They called me a jerk. I don't know why lovelife said I was but I know why strike doesn't like me very much. I don't understand why people hold grudges. Love, optimism, enthusiasm is actually my signature.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:29:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:24:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:20:18 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:19:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I am a troll. I made a joke that obviously wasn't meant to be taken seriously yet made a good but unrelated point at the same time. And I am not really a jerk. =P that hurt my feelings.

I didn't call you a jerk. I am saying that lovelife is a troll.

They called me a jerk. I don't know why lovelife said I was but I know why strike doesn't like me very much. I don't understand why people hold grudges. Love, optimism, enthusiasm is actually my signature.

You don't have a signature on your post.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:30:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:29:06 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:24:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:20:18 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:19:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I am a troll. I made a joke that obviously wasn't meant to be taken seriously yet made a good but unrelated point at the same time. And I am not really a jerk. =P that hurt my feelings.

I didn't call you a jerk. I am saying that lovelife is a troll.

They called me a jerk. I don't know why lovelife said I was but I know why strike doesn't like me very much. I don't understand why people hold grudges. Love, optimism, enthusiasm is actually my signature.

You don't have a signature on your post.

Not my DDO signature.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:43:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:18:34 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:17:07 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:16:41 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:16:21 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:04:36 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
First off FREEDO you may very well be the biggest jerk on this site


However,
If he is not religious then is there anything that you really can say. Just try and convince him that things will get better eventually

Troll = ignore.

Just a message that you should ignore trolls.

Wait am I the troll or is FREEDO?

I'm talking about lovelife.

So why are you going on my thread and quoting other people to cal me a troll. Wouldn't you quote me instead? (I don't really call what people call me. Just want it to make some kind of sense when they are)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:44:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:20:34 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:18:34 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:17:07 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:16:41 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:16:21 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:04:36 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
First off FREEDO you may very well be the biggest jerk on this site


However,
If he is not religious then is there anything that you really can say. Just try and convince him that things will get better eventually

Troll = ignore.

Just a message that you should ignore trolls.

Wait am I the troll or is FREEDO?

I'm talking about lovelife.

Wait, why is lovelife a troll? I'm confused.

He wants to be able to say crap about me. Thats all.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:46:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:24:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:20:18 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:19:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I am a troll. I made a joke that obviously wasn't meant to be taken seriously yet made a good but unrelated point at the same time. And I am not really a jerk. =P that hurt my feelings.

I didn't call you a jerk. I am saying that lovelife is a troll.

They called me a jerk. I don't know why lovelife said I was but I know why strike doesn't like me very much. I don't understand why people hold grudges. Love, optimism, enthusiasm is actually my signature.

Well its pretty much just your joke (wasn't in a jokey mood at the time. Still kinda jumpy, not the best mood, but getting better. (btw I am sorry lol)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:48:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:44:50 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:20:34 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:18:34 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:17:07 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:16:41 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:16:21 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:04:36 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
First off FREEDO you may very well be the biggest jerk on this site


However,
If he is not religious then is there anything that you really can say. Just try and convince him that things will get better eventually

Troll = ignore.

Just a message that you should ignore trolls.

Wait am I the troll or is FREEDO?

I'm talking about lovelife.

Wait, why is lovelife a troll? I'm confused.

He wants to be able to say crap about me. Thats all.

Why did you say I was a jerk?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:48:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 4:48:17 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:44:50 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:20:34 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:18:34 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:17:07 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:16:41 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:16:21 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:04:36 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
First off FREEDO you may very well be the biggest jerk on this site


However,
If he is not religious then is there anything that you really can say. Just try and convince him that things will get better eventually

Troll = ignore.

Just a message that you should ignore trolls.

Wait am I the troll or is FREEDO?

I'm talking about lovelife.

Wait, why is lovelife a troll? I'm confused.

He wants to be able to say crap about me. Thats all.

Why did you say I was a jerk?

Posted too late nvrmnd.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 6:17:01 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I thought Freedo's joke was quite funny, and if you were offended, tough. People will say many mean things to you, and if THAT offended you you are going to have a tough life.
I miss the old members.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2010 4:13:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/10/2010 6:17:01 AM, Atheism wrote:
I thought Freedo's joke was quite funny, and if you were offended, tough. People will say many mean things to you, and if THAT offended you you are going to have a tough life.

Like I said, I was in a bad mood, stressed, and nothing seemed funny at that time. I later saw it as a joke, and apologized.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave