Jump to topic:

DDO Campaign for PEACE

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:34:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I was shocked when I was just called a jerk for the first time in my life here on DDO.

Along with the average tensions I've seen here on DDO, I've been inspired to action.

With your help I'd like initiate the DDO Campaign for PEACE.

Lets us now make a motion to come together and resolve or grievances with one another.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:36:15 PM
At 7/9/2010 4:34:25 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I was shocked when I was just called a jerk for the first time in my life here on DDO.

Wait. You are shocked that you were insulted on the internet?

Advice: /self
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:39:13 PM
At 7/9/2010 4:36:15 PM, Nags wrote:

Naw, I'm used to getting insulted. I'm very relaxed about it. I'm just surprised I would be called a jerk or imply that I am mean in some way.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 4:48:57 PM
At 7/9/2010 4:39:13 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/9/2010 4:36:15 PM, Nags wrote:

Naw, I'm used to getting insulted. I'm very relaxed about it. I'm just surprised I would be called a jerk or imply that I am mean in some way.

FREEDO, you told someone to tell someone else that their dead relative is burnng in Hell for the rest of eternity. Get over it. Also, since this website is comprised of a lot of INTJs this stupid little plan of yours was doomed before it's conception.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 5:15:31 PM
The real kicker in all of this is that you have on multiple occasions called other members of this site retards, morons, losers, stupid, and insulted their beliefs and yet you act all offended when someone returns the favor.
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 5:18:16 PM

You've never been called a jerk before? Lol wow... are you an only child?

In all fairness though, regardless of whether Freedo is/was being a jerk or not, he just said that he wanted peace lol... So what is the use in just repeating the fact that he may have been a jerk? Clearly he's trying to rectify the situation.
President of DDO
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 5:19:26 PM
At 7/9/2010 5:18:16 PM, theLwerd wrote:

You've never been called a jerk before? Lol wow... are you an only child?

In all fairness though, regardless of whether Freedo is/was being a jerk or not, he just said that he wanted peace lol... So what is the use in just repeating the fact that he may have been a jerk? Clearly he's trying to rectify the situation.

The whole "campaign for peace" thing is a bit much, though.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:30:18 PM
We need peace guys..no more name calling :P
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 11:10:10 PM
At 7/9/2010 5:15:31 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
The real kicker in all of this is that you have on multiple occasions called other members of this site retards, morons, losers, stupid, and insulted their beliefs and yet you act all offended when someone returns the favor.

No, unless you can provide proof other wise the only two people I have ever said some remark like that to have been you and some other random person with like 15 posts that I can't remember. And I don't think I've ever called someone a loser, that seems kind of pointless.

And I'm not offended, getting offended is pretty stupid. Having intelligence insulted is a common occurrence on here that nobody should be surprised of. But this type of insult was just surprising.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 11:12:01 PM
At 7/9/2010 10:30:18 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
We need peace guys..no more name calling :P

Thank you for being the one person to actually grasp the actual purpose of this thread instead of turning it into something about me.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 11:14:34 PM
I PLEDGE TO NO LONGER INTENTIONALLY MAKE A COMMENT DIRECTLY TOWARDS ANY OF THE OTHER MEMBERS WHICH MAY BE TAKEN AS AN INSULT, EVEN IF I THINK THEY DESERVE IT.

~~~Signers~~~~

Freedo
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 11:19:22 PM
At 7/9/2010 11:14:34 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I PLEDGE TO NO LONGER INTENTIONALLY MAKE A COMMENT DIRECTLY TOWARDS ANY OF THE OTHER MEMBERS WHICH MAY BE TAKEN AS AN INSULT, EVEN IF I THINK THEY DESERVE IT.

~~~Signers~~~~

Freedo

http://1.bp.blogspot.com...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 11:20:09 PM

Along with the average tensions I've seen here on DDO, I've been inspired to action.

Lets us now make a motion to come together and resolve or grievances with one another.

I predict this will be a rip roaring success!

My other predictions are that Michael Jacksons next album will be a hit, the USSR will win the cold war and that DATCMOTO will produce a rational argument for faith.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 11:49:40 PM
At 7/9/2010 11:40:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Why is this so hard?

INTJ
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 11:53:19 PM
I PLEDGE TO INTENTIONALLY MAKE COMMENTS DIRECTLY TOWARDS FREEDO WHICH WILL BE TAKEN AS INSULTS, BECAUSE HE DESERVES IT.

~~~Signers~~~~

PoeJoe
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 12:10:35 AM
At 7/10/2010 12:10:03 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Thank you!

Oh screw I didn't see that you changed it =P
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 12:11:34 AM
At 7/9/2010 11:40:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Why is this so hard?

Puberty.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 1:22:56 AM

lol, you should see the insults Cerebral made against me. Being called a lying pathetic child is kinda worse.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 4:07:02 AM
I PLEDGE TO INTENTIONALLY MAKE COMMENTS DIRECTLY TOWARDS FREEDO WHICH WILL BE TAKEN AS INSULTS, BECAUSE HE DESERVES IT.

~~~Signers~~~~

PoeJoe
I-am-a-panda
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 5:05:54 AM
Kind of selfish, but it is fine to start this 'campaign.' There is not much to worry about, though. I have even received threats here.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 5:17:55 AM
At 7/10/2010 5:05:54 AM, Mirza wrote:
Kind of selfish, but it is fine to start this 'campaign.' There is not much to worry about, though. I have even received threats here.

I'm sure we have all received insults here at one time or another.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 5:19:01 AM
At 7/10/2010 5:17:55 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm sure we have all received insults here at one time or another.
Yes. And you are such a loser for saying it!
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 6:18:16 AM
At 7/9/2010 11:14:34 PM, FREEDO wrote:

~~~Signers~~~~

Freedo

I can't agree to this. I am too cynical, mean, and cold-hearted.
Aside from this, I pledge to read all of your posts, because most, if not all, are funny.
I miss the old members.