xxdarkxx
Atheism
Strikeeagle84015
mongoose
SportsGuru

Third-Party Losers:
alex_hanson911

Roles:
Vi_Veri - You are Eliwood, HERO OF THE PEOPLE. You have no powers, but in the event that you die a Day Phase is skipped. During the Night Phase tell me whether or not you are using your ability so that the game can quickly move along. You win with the TOWN. Here is some information about your character:

Mongeese - You are Ephidel, the YAKUZA. During a Night Phase you may choose to kill yourself in order to recruit a Townie to the Mafia. During the Night Phase tell me whether or not you are using your ability so that the game can quickly move along. You win with the MAFIA. Here is some information about your character:

Mongoose - You are Serra, the DOCTOR. You may target one person and during that Night Phase that person will not die. During the Night Phase tell me whether or not you are using your ability so that the game can quickly move along. You win with the TOWN. Here is some information about your character:

BigMac - You are Sonia the Mafia PROSTITUTE. Each Night Phase you choose one person and they are unable to use their role power during that Night Phase. During the Night Phase tell me whether or not you are using your ability so that the game can quickly move along. You win with the MAFIA. Here is some information about your character:

LeafRod - You are Nergal, the GODFATHER. You have the final say on the Mafia's Night Phase kill and come up innocent on investigation, you may also grant one member of the Mafia the power of a spy who can be recruited to the Masons without them knowing. This decision must be made before the first Mason is recruited and can not be yourself. During the Night Phase tell me whether or not you are using your ability so that the game can quickly move along. You win with the MAFIA. Here is some information about your character:

theLwerd - You are Pent, the LOVER with a one-shot WATCHER ability. Once during a Night Phase you may choose one person and I will tell you who visited them during that Night Phase. You are also linked to the character Louise. If she dies then on the following Night Phase you commit suicide. You win with the TOWN. I will also tell you what player is your counterpart once the roles go out. During the Night Phase tell me whether or not you are using your ability so that the game can quickly move along. Here is some information about your character:

SportsGuru - You are Louise, the LOVER with a one-shot TRACKER ability. Once during a Night Phase you may choose one person and I will tell you who they visited during that Night Phase. You are also linked to the character Louise. If he dies then on the following Night Phase you commit suicide. You win with the TOWN. I will also tell you what player is your counterpart once the roles go out. During the Night Phase tell me whether or not you are using your ability so that the game can quickly move along. Here is some information about your character:

Vi_Veri/Strikeeagle - You are Matthew, the COP. You may choose one person to investigate and I will tell you if they are guilty or innocent. You win with the TOWN. During the Night Phase tell me whether or not you are using your ability so that the game can quickly move along. Here is some information about your character:

xxdarkxx - You are Athos, the JACK OF ALL TRADES. You have four one-shot abilities that can be used during Night Phases, but only one per Night Phase. These abilities are VIGILANTE, BODYGUARD, GOVERNOR, and COP. If you have any questions about your role, feel free to ask using this PM. During the Night Phase tell me whether or not you are using your ability so that the game can quickly move along. You win with the TOWN. Here is some information about your character:

Atheism - You are Lyndis, the MASON RECRUITER. Each Night Phase you may choose one person to recruit to the Masons, they will gain a PM with you and everyone else that has been recruited. You, and one randomly selected Mason die in the event that a Mafia is recruited. During the Night Phase tell me whether or not you are using your ability so that the game can quickly move along. You win with the TOWN. Here is some information about your character:

badger - You are Raven, the MERCENARY. You are "hired" by the player who posts the 50th message during the Day Phase PM. Once this condition occurs you gain a PM with that person, a One-Shot role power that is related to theirs, and win conditions that mirror their own. During the Night Phase tell me whether or not you are using your ability so that the game can quickly move along. In the event that you are not hired by another player you win by being alive at the end of the game. Here is some information about your character:

alex_hanson911 - You are Bramimond the WARLOCK. Your only goal is to stay alive at least until you have successfully guessed the outcome of TWO Day Phase lynches, or ONE Day Phase lynch and TWO Night Phase deaths. Submit your first guess to me once you've received this PM and the rest during the Night Phases. During the Night Phase tell me whether or not you are using your ability so that the game can quickly move along. You win once your guesses are successful. Here is some information about your character:

Breakdown:
Day Phase 1:
- xxdarkxx hired badger
- Town lynched Vi_Veri, Hero of the People

Night Phase 1 & 2:
- Mongoose protected himself twice
- Atheism recruited xxdarkxx and badger
- BigMac blocked Mongoose
- Mafia targeted Mongoose twice, killing him the second time
- LeafRod appointed BigMac as the spy
- Strikeeagle/Vi_Veri investigated BigMac
- Mongeese recruited badger to the Mafia
- xxdarkxx investigated theLwerd

Day Phase 2:
- Nothing

Day Phase 3:
- Town lynched BigMac

Night Phase 3:
- xxdarkxx killed LeafRod
- Mafia killed theLwerd
- SportsGuru tracked alex_hanson911
- theLwerd watched Vi_Veri
- Vi_Veri investigated alex_hanson911

Day Phase 4:
- Town Lynched Vi_Veri

Night Phase 4:
- xxdarkxx protected badger
- Mafia killed xxdarkxx

Day Phase 5:
- Town lynched alex_hanson911, making number of living Mafia equal the number of living Townies which resulted in a Mafia victory.

Players Punished after the DP1 SNAFU(as requested by LeafRod):
Vi_Veri
TheLWerd
xxdarkxx
Atheism
BigMac
mongeese
Strikeeagle84015
mongoose
SportsGuru
badger

Observations:
- I should have handled the town losing a Day Phase in a more efficient manner.

- Mafia won because they recruited the mercenary AFTER he had been hired and grandfathered into the Masons by xxdarkxx. This was a LUCKY break and they would not have won if they had not hired badger.

- Yakuza is not as cheap as you're making it out to be, the Mafia started out with only three members.

- The Town made some bad decisions, such as lynching alex on the final DP even though he was basically confirmed as not being Mafia by SportsGuru and lynching Vi_Veri without any defense on her part.

***If I'm missing anything please tell me, and a special note as requested by mongeese: He did not see mongoose's role by accident on their shared computer. mongoose's death was the result of a failed Mafia kill followed by the Mafia role-blocking and killing him.***
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 6:35:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
***It should also be noted that the MVP of this game was:

>>>mongeese<<<

For fake counter-claiming Vi_Veri's character and getting her lynched, resulting in a skipped Day Phase and subsequent recruiting of badger into the Mafia.***
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 6:49:11 PM
Morons of The Game: The retards that voted to lynch Vi (THE COP) today while she was at work without giving her the chance to role claim. You guys are so stupid lol I was watching in the PM thinking you were a bunch of tool bags.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 7:02:38 PM
At 7/10/2010 6:54:53 PM, badger wrote:
you can be so cruel.

Lol shut up. Genius on the mafia's part so take it as a compliment :p
President of DDO
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 7:34:35 PM
also, i didn't really request that those players be blocked. but when you said you were punishing players who talked i just made a list of people who did.

i was a bit annoyed because i thought the only reason i was targeted at all was for SUGGESTING the mafia would recruit theLwerd, which is perfectly reasonable and what i wanted to do since she's just mad intimidating. once theLwerd retaliated against me it's over, since the town always goes with her. but that's fine. awesome that we pulled out a win. good job badger.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 7:35:47 PM
oh and yeah, theLwerd, those cheating accusations against mongeese were unfair. we attempted to kill him on NP1 and it didn't go through, then blocked him and killed him on NP2. the only reason we didn't block and kill him NP1 is because BigMac couldn't use his role. but considering how he was like the only town who could act on that night, it made sense to kill him.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 7:36:59 PM
also also also, mongeese's other potential role would have been WAY more bogus. it basically allowed him to rewrite the role description of any lynched player for the revelation. that would've been sick.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 7:38:42 PM
At 7/10/2010 7:35:47 PM, LeafRod wrote:
the only reason we didn't block and kill him NP1 is because BigMac couldn't use his role.

Actually, we planned to block theLwerd and kill mongoose before we realized that the kill on mongoose failed.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 7:40:35 PM
At 7/10/2010 7:36:59 PM, LeafRod wrote:
also also also, mongeese's other potential role would have been WAY more bogus. it basically allowed him to rewrite the role description of any lynched player for the revelation. that would've been sick.

I was hoping I would get to be the Disguiser. I could have lots of fun with that role. I'd have rewritten Vi's role to be a Mafia version of the Hero of the People, then I'd have you claim that SportsGuru was investigated to be guilty, then I'd rewrite SportsGuru's role to be the Usurper, including theLwerd as the Godfather, leading to an automatic lynch on her. I would have had complete control of the game.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 7:41:47 PM
At 7/10/2010 6:32:27 PM, Korashk wrote:
Vi_Veri
TheLWerd
xxdarkxx
Atheism
BigMac
mongeese
Strikeeagle84015
mongoose
SportsGuru
badger

Wait, mongoose protected himself NP1, didn't he? Why wasn't he blocked?
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 7:42:57 PM
At 7/10/2010 7:41:47 PM, mongeese wrote:
Vi_Veri
TheLWerd
xxdarkxx
Atheism
BigMac
mongeese
Strikeeagle84015
mongoose
SportsGuru
badger

i'm pretty sure i left you, your brother, and strike maybe off my suggestion list. mongoose didn't talk after the /discussion.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 7:44:22 PM
At 7/10/2010 7:42:57 PM, LeafRod wrote:
Vi_Veri
TheLWerd
xxdarkxx
Atheism
BigMac
mongeese
Strikeeagle84015
mongoose
SportsGuru
badger

i'm pretty sure i left you, your brother, and strike maybe off my suggestion list. mongoose didn't talk after the /discussion.

Wait, you suggested the night phase punishment? That's news to me. But if Korashk punished mongoose, there's no way he was able to save himself on NP1.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 7:48:59 PM
Congratulations on your win THIRD PARTY

Third-Party Winner:
Koopin

Mafia Losers:
Mongeese
LeafRod
BigMac
badger

Townie Losers:
Vi_Veri
TheLWerd
xxdarkxx
Atheism
Strikeeagle84015
mongoose
SportsGuru

Third-Party Losers:
alex_hanson911

Thank you so much, I can't believe I beat all of you guys! I am a great mafia player!
kfc
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 7:52:50 PM
At 7/10/2010 7:49:59 PM, mongeese wrote:
Or, of course, Koopin, you're just a great forger.

Nope, here was my role.

You are _____. Third party. You are the one no one knows about. You win if no one says your name while the game is going on. Good luck.
kfc
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 7:58:18 PM
At 7/10/2010 7:44:22 PM, mongeese wrote:
Wait, you suggested the night phase punishment? That's news to me. But if Korashk punished mongoose, there's no way he was able to save himself on NP1.

no, but i gave him a list of players all of whom should be punished if that was going to be his decision.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 7:59:23 PM
At 7/10/2010 6:49:11 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Morons of The Game: The retards that voted to lynch Vi (THE COP) today while she was at work without giving her the chance to role claim. You guys are so stupid lol I was watching in the PM thinking you were a bunch of tool bags.

That was just a flop. SportsGuru basically confirmed me when he said i didn't visit anyone. The Yakuza (mongeese) obviously used his role so there was another mafia, AND i pointed out that the last mafia was obviously a spy recruited into the masons. I think the biggest moron of this game was Dark.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 8:02:39 PM
At 7/10/2010 7:44:22 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 7/10/2010 7:42:57 PM, LeafRod wrote:
Vi_Veri
TheLWerd
xxdarkxx
Atheism
BigMac
mongeese
Strikeeagle84015
mongoose
SportsGuru
badger

LeafRod didn't suggest the punishments, he requested that I list those that got punishments. Also, not every punishment entailed not being able to use your role. For instance, L and SG couldn't vote on the next DP and Atheism's punishment was that if his first recruit choice was Mafia they would join the masons regardless of spy status.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 8:21:46 PM
I negotiated and pointed out that I spent most of that time telling other people to be quiet. I was told I couldn't vote on the following Day Phase, which didn't matter.

But given the ability of the Yakuza to sacrifice to kill one player and recruit another, that is insane. If they also got the mercenary, they'd have instant win. Also, the recruit would have a complete role-claim.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 8:35:35 PM
At 7/10/2010 8:21:46 PM, mongoose wrote:
I negotiated and pointed out that I spent most of that time telling other people to be quiet. I was told I couldn't vote on the following Day Phase, which didn't matter.

But given the ability of the Yakuza to sacrifice to kill one player and recruit another, that is insane. If they also got the mercenary, they'd have instant win. Also, the recruit would have a complete role-claim.

The Yakuza was an either/or situational role. If the Mafia had hired the mercenary then mongeese would have had a different role.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:22:25 PM
At 7/10/2010 7:38:42 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 7/10/2010 7:35:47 PM, LeafRod wrote:
the only reason we didn't block and kill him NP1 is because BigMac couldn't use his role.

Actually, we planned to block theLwerd and kill mongoose before we realized that the kill on mongoose failed.

Haha that would have been good -- I chose to forfeit my night action on np1 anyway (it was a one-shot ability, and I knew I'd be blocked or dead anyway) even before I realized my role probs couldn't go through.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:23:43 PM
At 7/10/2010 7:40:35 PM, mongeese wrote:
I was hoping I would get to be the Disguiser. I could have lots of fun with that role. I'd have rewritten Vi's role to be a Mafia version of the Hero of the People, then I'd have you claim that SportsGuru was investigated to be guilty, then I'd rewrite SportsGuru's role to be the Usurper, including theLwerd as the Godfather, leading to an automatic lynch on her. I would have had complete control of the game.

How did you know SportsGuru and I were linked? Did you get to see all the roles before-hand or something? Plus the 2nd you were caught lying about 1 person, you'd be lynched or taken out by the vig.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:26:02 PM
Why did you guys lynch me without me claiming? You guys are f*cking idiots. Don't ever lynch anyone, EVER, without hearing a claim for them. F*cking idiots.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:27:26 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:23:43 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 7/10/2010 7:40:35 PM, mongeese wrote:

How did you know SportsGuru and I were linked? Did you get to see all the roles before-hand or something? Plus the 2nd you were caught lying about 1 person, you'd be lynched or taken out by the vig.

They didn't know you two were linked, SportsGuru was their initial choice for killing and he would have used the disguiser ability on his role to make you look guilty. I think that's what he means.