Jump to topic:

Corporate Losers

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 6:47:14 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Here's your opportunity to list the companies you would like to see either go bust, or be taken over out by a reputable company who would sack the top directors and replace them with a competent management team.

I'll get the ball rolling…

British Airways

Piss-poor service and very high fares, but they don't care because they have a quasi-monopoly on many routes. Also, instead of resolving their staffing issues they leave the workforce no option but to go on strike and then blame the unions.

Guoman Hotels

Incredibly shoddy approach to customer service but you have to use them at busy times because they are the only ones with any space at half-reasonable rates.

Eurostar

Criminally incompetent pack of indolent half-wits who are the only people with a licence to run passenger trains through the Channel Tunnel.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 6:59:12 AM
Walmart: They subvert every anti-trust law, and manage to grow at the expense of their suppliers and to the point of monopoly. They are bad for commerce and the benefits they provide the consumer do not outweigh the costs to the country.

Staples: See above, and i really really hate them.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 7:05:54 AM
Macdonalds (UK): Able to ignore normal planning regulations, only carry decent solid burgers as part of seasonal limited time only deals. Need to be bought out by burger king.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 9:10:45 AM
AT&T

They buy out many companies people prefer, they cost too much, don't get as good service, especially for me as a much cheaper better option (US Cellular)
And there is no option for free international text messaging

Whoever does the copyright thing that removes my fave songs from youtube

I think my problem there is kinda obvious
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 12:51:15 PM
BP: It cut corners to get to drilling faster, and now we have an ocean of oil. Why hasn't anybody mentioned this one yet?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 12:53:04 PM
TG4: Irish TV program that is supposed to be in Irish, but have the shows are in English. I'd like to see taxpayer funding pulled from it, so it slowly withers off.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 6:17:19 PM
BP: They aren't being properly held liable and they still haven't stopped their mess after so long. They're destroying my favorite local sea food chain on top of all that.

General Motors: For begging the government for assistance instead of filing bankruptcy. For indirectly creating Cash 4 Clunkers. For surviving only because of government assistance. For probably dying after a few more years once again.

Chrysler: For begging the government for assistance instead of filing bankruptcy. For indirectly creating Cash 4 Clunkers. For surviving only because of government assistance. For probably dying after a few more years once again.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 6:22:52 PM
Quebecor. The people who fund, run, and organize the most despicable chain of newspapers in the world, and are now planning on creating Sun Media, aka Fox North.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 7:57:09 PM
At 7/12/2010 6:17:19 PM, wjmelements wrote:
BP: They aren't being properly held liable and they still haven't stopped their mess after so long. They're destroying my favorite local sea food chain on top of all that.

General Motors: For begging the government for assistance instead of filing bankruptcy. For indirectly creating Cash 4 Clunkers. For surviving only because of government assistance. For probably dying after a few more years once again.

Chrysler: For begging the government for assistance instead of filing bankruptcy. For indirectly creating Cash 4 Clunkers. For surviving only because of government assistance. For probably dying after a few more years once again.

Wait, so your favorite local seafood restaurant chain gets a mention, but your dad's business doesn't?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:01:44 PM
At 7/12/2010 7:57:09 PM, mongeese wrote:
Wait, so your favorite local seafood restaurant chain gets a mention, but your dad's business doesn't?

Let's broadcast this:
CASH FOR CLUNKERS BADLY HURT CAR REPAIR COMPANIES AND COMPANIES THAT BUY, REFURBISH, & SELL NEW CARS.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:04:35 PM
Hollister: They have turned a generation of young girls into either whores or look-a-likes. They walk in giant packs, all wearing the same shirts, pants and shoes. Which, might I add, are extremely short and revealing. You're 12, goddammit. Where the f*ck have overalls gone?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:04:50 PM
At 7/12/2010 8:02:03 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I don't get much privacy on this site anymore.

Did you ever?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:21:56 PM
At 7/12/2010 8:01:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 7/12/2010 7:57:09 PM, mongeese wrote:

Let's broadcast this:
CASH FOR CLUNKERS BADLY HURT CAR REPAIR COMPANIES AND COMPANIES THAT BUY, REFURBISH, & SELL OLD CARS.

Wow, don't know how that happened.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:22:11 PM
At 7/12/2010 8:04:50 PM, mongoose wrote:

Did you ever?

Before yall.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:23:38 PM
At 7/12/2010 8:22:11 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Did you ever?

Before yall.

Before mongeese.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:25:23 PM
At 7/12/2010 8:23:38 PM, mongoose wrote:

Did you ever?

Before yall.

Before mongeese.

I remember wjm saying one time that his family owns a car company of some sort. So he already outed himself on that front.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:31:24 PM
Any food that is "healthy", Low fat, Low carb etc

For tasting disgusting and taking over the yummy stuff, and making everyone self conscience (except the ones that have enough sense to say "nasty bad, yummy good")
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:32:33 PM
At 7/12/2010 8:25:23 PM, Nags wrote:
At 7/12/2010 8:23:38 PM, mongoose wrote:

Did you ever?

Before yall.

Before mongeese.

I remember wjm saying one time that his family owns a car company of some sort. So he already outed himself on that front.

That's what I've been Googling for for the past five minutes. I can't find it, but I know it exists somewhere. The title of the thread was apparently not the obvious "Cash for Clunkers."
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:40:53 PM
At 7/12/2010 6:59:12 AM, innomen wrote:
Walmart: They subvert every anti-trust law, and manage to grow at the expense of their suppliers and to the point of monopoly. They are bad for commerce and the benefits they provide the consumer do not outweigh the costs to the country.

Staples: See above, and i really really hate them.

What kind of libertarian are you?
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:45:10 PM
At 7/12/2010 8:42:31 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I love WalMart.

Them and their EVIL SWEATSHOP LABOR
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 9:08:09 PM
At 7/12/2010 8:04:35 PM, annhasle wrote:
Hollister: They have turned a generation of young girls into either whores or look-a-likes. They walk in giant packs, all wearing the same shirts, pants and shoes. Which, might I add, are extremely short and revealing. You're 12, goddammit. Where the f*ck have overalls gone?

I certainly aint complaining. ;D

not the twelve y.o. sluts, im talking about sluts my age that im not complaining about
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 9:14:16 PM
At 7/12/2010 9:08:09 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

not the twelve y.o. sluts, im talking about sluts my age that im not complaining about

Uh huh...... whatever lets you sleep at night...... >.>
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 9:21:46 PM
At 7/12/2010 9:14:16 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/12/2010 9:08:09 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

Uh huh...... whatever lets you sleep at night...... >.>

What's that supposed to mean?
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 9:24:26 PM
At 7/12/2010 9:21:46 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
What's that supposed to mean?

She thinks you're a part of the Sexy Flat Chest Movement.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 10:09:40 PM
Goldman Sachs / US Treasury Department - This is one corporation, right? The employees tend to cycle back and forth for some strange reason.