Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

I seriously want to know...

lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:48:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Do you think something is wrong with me? I found out my grandfather died (I did have years of knowing it could be any time) and I didn't really cry.

My 10 year old dog from Germany died, and I was crying for hours.

I think my dog died and I've been crying off and on for hours.

My bros killed a kitten I knew for less than a day I cry endlessly for weeks.

Not that I don't care about any people. My best friend died when I was like 8 and I still cry from it, and have dreams and remember it. I almost feel as bad about it as for the kitten.

Is that a sign of anything actually wrongwith me.

If you say yes I want to know what you think is wrong with me.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:57:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You were probably expecting or prepared for your grandfather to die, whereas you weren't prepared to see a kitten die.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 9:01:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
We can't have the quote unquote right reactions all the time.

Perhaps, with your grandfather, you were in emotional shock; you didn't know how to feel. Perhaps you were numb. Perhaps you had accepted the fact of his death and started bracing yourself ahead of time.

In any case, there's nothing wrong with you. The fact that you are wondering if there's something wrong with you means that your heart is in the right place.

And we're teenagers. Our emotions are *SUPPOSED* to be a little messed up and loony. Don't worry about it too much. Like I said, your heart is obviously in the right place.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 12:58:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/12/2010 8:48:42 PM, lovelife wrote:
Do you think something is wrong with me? I found out my grandfather died (I did have years of knowing it could be any time) and I didn't really cry.

My 10 year old dog from Germany died, and I was crying for hours.

I think my dog died and I've been crying off and on for hours.

My bros killed a kitten I knew for less than a day I cry endlessly for weeks.

Not that I don't care about any people. My best friend died when I was like 8 and I still cry from it, and have dreams and remember it. I almost feel as bad about it as for the kitten.

Is that a sign of anything actually wrongwith me.

If you say yes I want to know what you think is wrong with me.
Nothing is wrong with you.
For example, I don't cry anymore, except for animals. A trio of my family members, (aunt, cousin, and uncle), died in a car crash and I didn't shed a tear.
I read a sad story about a dog and I burst into tears.
Emotions are odd.
I miss the old members.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 1:02:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 12:58:33 AM, Atheism wrote:
At 7/12/2010 8:48:42 PM, lovelife wrote:
Do you think something is wrong with me? I found out my grandfather died (I did have years of knowing it could be any time) and I didn't really cry.

My 10 year old dog from Germany died, and I was crying for hours.

I think my dog died and I've been crying off and on for hours.

My bros killed a kitten I knew for less than a day I cry endlessly for weeks.

Not that I don't care about any people. My best friend died when I was like 8 and I still cry from it, and have dreams and remember it. I almost feel as bad about it as for the kitten.

Is that a sign of anything actually wrongwith me.

If you say yes I want to know what you think is wrong with me.
Nothing is wrong with you.
For example, I don't cry anymore, except for animals. A trio of my family members, (aunt, cousin, and uncle), died in a car crash and I didn't shed a tear.
I read a sad story about a dog and I burst into tears.
Emotions are odd.

I'm so glad people are saying I'm fine. I keep getting told I'm a sociopath and don't feel anything. Could be because I hide everything including emotions from my parents and family
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 1:04:16 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 1:02:32 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/13/2010 12:58:33 AM, Atheism wrote:
At 7/12/2010 8:48:42 PM, lovelife wrote:
Do you think something is wrong with me? I found out my grandfather died (I did have years of knowing it could be any time) and I didn't really cry.

My 10 year old dog from Germany died, and I was crying for hours.

I think my dog died and I've been crying off and on for hours.

My bros killed a kitten I knew for less than a day I cry endlessly for weeks.

Not that I don't care about any people. My best friend died when I was like 8 and I still cry from it, and have dreams and remember it. I almost feel as bad about it as for the kitten.

Is that a sign of anything actually wrongwith me.

If you say yes I want to know what you think is wrong with me.
Nothing is wrong with you.
For example, I don't cry anymore, except for animals. A trio of my family members, (aunt, cousin, and uncle), died in a car crash and I didn't shed a tear.
I read a sad story about a dog and I burst into tears.
Emotions are odd.

I'm so glad people are saying I'm fine. I keep getting told I'm a sociopath and don't feel anything. Could be because I hide everything including emotions from my parents and family
Same as me, I don't really care for contact with others. So my family never sees me.
I miss the old members.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 2:30:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/12/2010 8:48:42 PM, lovelife wrote:
Do you think something is wrong with me? I found out my grandfather died (I did have years of knowing it could be any time) and I didn't really cry.

My 10 year old dog from Germany died, and I was crying for hours.

I think my dog died and I've been crying off and on for hours.

My bros killed a kitten I knew for less than a day I cry endlessly for weeks.

Not that I don't care about any people. My best friend died when I was like 8 and I still cry from it, and have dreams and remember it. I almost feel as bad about it as for the kitten.

Is that a sign of anything actually wrongwith me.

If you say yes I want to know what you think is wrong with me.

No, from what you have said there is nothing at all wrong with you.
We all mourn in different ways, there are no rules for it. It is also normal to feel guilt if we found ourselves mourning in a manner that suprises us. Guilt however is not always deserved.

It may be that you simply had time to prepare for your grandfathers death, sudden unexpected death is much more brutal than one you have time to mull over. You may have already mourned and come to terms with it. It may be that your Grandfather's death has or will impact you far more than anything else, you just don't conciously realise it.

Animals can mean just as much, if not more to us than some humans. If that is the case you may feel guilt, but there is no shame to it. Naturally the death of someone close to you at the age of 8 will be felt very badly, young children have not experienced life they have a limited sense of scale. A young kid can be euphoric one minute, then painlessly fall over and the whole world seems against them.

So no, nothing you have said gives any indication that there is anything wrong with you whatsoever.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 8:10:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/12/2010 8:48:42 PM, lovelife wrote:
Not that I don't care about any people. My best friend died when I was like 8 and I still cry from it, and have dreams and remember it.

Don't underestimate that. I think it's pretty much the worst thing that can happen to you outside of losing a really close family member, and possibly the same.
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 4:32:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 4:30:54 PM, Pirate wrote:
Humans are ugly, annoying, and common. Why would you cry for them? It's a point of view.

For the majority, this.
I miss the old members.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 7:04:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 4:30:54 PM, Pirate wrote:
Humans are ugly, annoying, and common. Why would you cry for them? It's a point of view.

I understand that, but I tend to get told I'm f-cked up for it.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 7:06:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Don't worry about it lovelife. The very fact you're worried about it shows you have human emotion. Caring about animals = Sociopath fail.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 7:09:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 7:06:43 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Don't worry about it lovelife. The very fact you're worried about it shows you have human emotion. Caring about animals = Sociopath fail.

lol yay. I read a book about a sociopath once. It made me cry (he killed kittens and a rat, but also stupid human girls. I was okay with those actually)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 7:44:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 4:30:54 PM, Pirate wrote:
Humans are ugly, annoying, and common. Why would you cry for them? It's a point of view.

Ahahahahaha

As for the original post, it really depends on your relationship with your grandfather (in addition to whatever other issues there may be in your life) to determine what kind of response yours was.

As for the idea that "you were expecting it to happen" and therefore you didn't cry, that is total bull. I don't know any self-respecting Psychologist who specializes in loss who would agree that knowing makes it less painful and I bet anyone who has lost someone to terminal illness will tell you the same thing. "Knowing in advance" doesn't make it less painful.

Other than that, I am sorry for your loss...
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 8:03:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 4:30:54 PM, Pirate wrote:
Humans are ugly, annoying, and common. Why would you cry for them? It's a point of view.

are you serious?
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 8:04:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 8:03:52 PM, LeafRod wrote:
At 7/13/2010 4:30:54 PM, Pirate wrote:
Humans are ugly, annoying, and common. Why would you cry for them? It's a point of view.

are you serious?

Yeah, lots of people hate humans. I do, for the most part.
I miss the old members.
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 8:08:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
who the hell cares if you hate humans? do you not like anyone? if so, you're a freak.

humans as a whole are bad —> don't care if a specific human dies is not logical. it's dumb.

are you close to anyone?
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 8:37:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 8:08:57 PM, LeafRod wrote:
who the hell cares if you hate humans? do you not like anyone? if so, you're a freak.

humans as a whole are bad —> don't care if a specific human dies is not logical. it's dumb.

are you close to anyone?

Leaf, whether you like humans or not is up to you. Do not call others who differ from your view freaks, it makes you seem a bigot and a close-minded person.
Emotions are not logical.
No, I am not.
I miss the old members.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 8:51:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 7:44:54 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 7/13/2010 4:30:54 PM, Pirate wrote:
Humans are ugly, annoying, and common. Why would you cry for them? It's a point of view.

Ahahahahaha

As for the original post, it really depends on your relationship with your grandfather (in addition to whatever other issues there may be in your life) to determine what kind of response yours was.

As for the idea that "you were expecting it to happen" and therefore you didn't cry, that is total bull. I don't know any self-respecting Psychologist who specializes in loss who would agree that knowing makes it less painful and I bet anyone who has lost someone to terminal illness will tell you the same thing. "Knowing in advance" doesn't make it less painful.

Other than that, I am sorry for your loss...

My best friend's dad died from cancer. It was hard for both of us. I knew for about a year longer than her that he would die. I wasn't even allowed to tell her. She found out about 2 months in advance. That is another human death that I did cry about.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 9:34:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
sorry, but there are things that make people bigots and close-minded and things that don't. implying that one shouldn't feel sorrow at losing those for whom they feel affection is stupid, and realizing so is not close-minded. if you aren't close to anyone, though, then perhaps it's different... but realize that the vast majority of people are not lacking such a massive dimension of their lives.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 9:48:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 8:37:14 PM, Atheism wrote:
At 7/13/2010 8:08:57 PM, LeafRod wrote:
who the hell cares if you hate humans? do you not like anyone? if so, you're a freak.

humans as a whole are bad —> don't care if a specific human dies is not logical. it's dumb.

are you close to anyone?

Leaf, whether you like humans or not is up to you. Do not call others who differ from your view freaks, it makes you seem a bigot and a close-minded person.
Emotions are not logical.
No, I am not.

I agree with you Atheism. The world is overpopulated anyways... I prefer animals to humans because;

a) they are cute and then when they get angry, they get vicious. It's funny as hell to watch...

b) they don't talk. Well, my cat never stops meowing but I can deal with that

c) they have so much attitude! Well, all my animals do... -_-

Lovelife, you are not weird or a freak. You are so sensitive that you feel for both humans and animals and that's a good thing. Even though emotions are crippling and illogical, I'm glad you express yours with honesty. :D
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 9:56:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 9:48:19 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/13/2010 8:37:14 PM, Atheism wrote:
At 7/13/2010 8:08:57 PM, LeafRod wrote:
who the hell cares if you hate humans? do you not like anyone? if so, you're a freak.

humans as a whole are bad —> don't care if a specific human dies is not logical. it's dumb.

are you close to anyone?

Leaf, whether you like humans or not is up to you. Do not call others who differ from your view freaks, it makes you seem a bigot and a close-minded person.
Emotions are not logical.
No, I am not.

I agree with you Atheism. The world is overpopulated anyways... I prefer animals to humans because;

a) they are cute and then when they get angry, they get vicious. It's funny as hell to watch...

b) they don't talk. Well, my cat never stops meowing but I can deal with that

c) they have so much attitude! Well, all my animals do... -_-

Lovelife, you are not weird or a freak. You are so sensitive that you feel for both humans and animals and that's a good thing. Even though emotions are crippling and illogical, I'm glad you express yours with honesty. :D

I'm so glad that people aren't like yelling at me for liking animals more. I prefer animals because they don't seem to have a means of killing millions of people (animals or humans). Some argue that they have diseases, but so do humans, and humans are more likely to spread more disease to more humans than any single animal could.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 9:59:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 9:56:55 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/13/2010 9:48:19 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/13/2010 8:37:14 PM, Atheism wrote:
At 7/13/2010 8:08:57 PM, LeafRod wrote:
who the hell cares if you hate humans? do you not like anyone? if so, you're a freak.

humans as a whole are bad —> don't care if a specific human dies is not logical. it's dumb.

are you close to anyone?

Leaf, whether you like humans or not is up to you. Do not call others who differ from your view freaks, it makes you seem a bigot and a close-minded person.
Emotions are not logical.
No, I am not.

I agree with you Atheism. The world is overpopulated anyways... I prefer animals to humans because;

a) they are cute and then when they get angry, they get vicious. It's funny as hell to watch...

b) they don't talk. Well, my cat never stops meowing but I can deal with that

c) they have so much attitude! Well, all my animals do... -_-

Lovelife, you are not weird or a freak. You are so sensitive that you feel for both humans and animals and that's a good thing. Even though emotions are crippling and illogical, I'm glad you express yours with honesty. :D

I'm so glad that people aren't like yelling at me for liking animals more. I prefer animals because they don't seem to have a means of killing millions of people (animals or humans). Some argue that they have diseases, but so do humans, and humans are more likely to spread more disease to more humans than any single animal could.

Exactly! :P

When you see a kitten, you smile. When you see a baby, you count down the seconds until it cries or poops. :shudders: I prefer the kitten, thank you very much.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 10:45:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 9:59:44 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/13/2010 9:56:55 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/13/2010 9:48:19 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/13/2010 8:37:14 PM, Atheism wrote:
At 7/13/2010 8:08:57 PM, LeafRod wrote:
who the hell cares if you hate humans? do you not like anyone? if so, you're a freak.

humans as a whole are bad —> don't care if a specific human dies is not logical. it's dumb.

are you close to anyone?

Leaf, whether you like humans or not is up to you. Do not call others who differ from your view freaks, it makes you seem a bigot and a close-minded person.
Emotions are not logical.
No, I am not.

I agree with you Atheism. The world is overpopulated anyways... I prefer animals to humans because;

a) they are cute and then when they get angry, they get vicious. It's funny as hell to watch...

b) they don't talk. Well, my cat never stops meowing but I can deal with that

c) they have so much attitude! Well, all my animals do... -_-

Lovelife, you are not weird or a freak. You are so sensitive that you feel for both humans and animals and that's a good thing. Even though emotions are crippling and illogical, I'm glad you express yours with honesty. :D

I'm so glad that people aren't like yelling at me for liking animals more. I prefer animals because they don't seem to have a means of killing millions of people (animals or humans). Some argue that they have diseases, but so do humans, and humans are more likely to spread more disease to more humans than any single animal could.

Exactly! :P

When you see a kitten, you smile. When you see a baby, you count down the seconds until it cries or poops. :shudders: I prefer the kitten, thank you very much.

Exactly. you see a pic of a fox playing with a telescope you think its amusing. You see a person doing it your like "who cares?"
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave