Why did the chicken cross the road?THE ANSWER

Commondebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 10:44:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why did the chicken cross the road?

He was suicidal, and he saw the other chickens brutally murdered for food. He wanted to take control of his own life and he knew his fate. He crossed the road because he knew what was waiting for him, and he knew what was going to happen. He was sad and decided to end it

He decided to kill himself in his own hands. . . He wanted to go to the other side

Ill see you on the other side chicken.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 12:55:43 AM
There is no objective answer, hence this question remains in a perpetual state of question-hood. Subjective responses, like yours, are entertaining, but the truth is that it is up to each individual to arrive at there own conclusion as to why the chicken crossed the road.

For me, I think it all started when the chicken was but a mere chicklet, grazing the rich fields on the lovely farm it was raised on. One day, his father, the rooster, told him that only roosters have the courage to cross the gray abyss known only as "the road". After a few years, the chicken grew into adult-hood, and was ready to mate with the female chickens. However, there was one problem, the chicken hadn't yet crossed the road. Without doing so, there was no possible way for him to secure a mate, as he had yet to overcome the rights of passage into full rooster-hood. One night, his father, who had passed away a year prior after being struck by a lightning-bolt, visited him in his sleep and told him that it was time to cross the road.

The next morning, the chicken was torn on what to do. After all, he was a chicken - not a rooster. After a few rounds around the chicken-coup, seeing all the glorious females that would be his, he mustered up the courage to finally cross "the road". Unbeknown to the chicken, the farmer happened to be outside grabbing the morning paper. To his amusement, he noticed the chicken crossing the road. He watched as the chicken ran across, and then laughed as the chicken did a quick 180 and dashed back across to the farm. As he walked back inside, his wife was cosily in her place, the kitchen, and he remarked on how he watched the chicken cross the road. It was then that the fateful question arose, as the wife, in the midst of her wifely-duty of making him a morning sandwich, asked, "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

The farmer replied, ever so carefully, by saying, "Only God knows my dear"....
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 12:58:51 AM
At 2/25/2015 10:44:24 PM, Commondebator wrote:

He was suicidal, and he saw the other chickens brutally murdered for food. He wanted to take control of his own life and he knew his fate. He crossed the road because he knew what was waiting for him, and he knew what was going to happen. He was sad and decided to end it

He decided to kill himself in his own hands. . . He wanted to go to the other side

LOL, this reminded me of a poem I wrote a long time ago.

"A chicken about to be sold
escaped, then ran cross' the road
it didn't quite make it
The finder could bake it
But breaded and fried, I was told!"

http://www.politicalforum.com...
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 7:52:34 PM
Ok I AM GOING TO HIJACK THIS THREAD AND EVERYONE WILL NOW POST ALL THE ANSWERS ever GIVEN TO THIS QUESTION.

The chicken crossed the road because you're ugly.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 1:19:58 AM

Is it bad that I imagined him quietly singing 'let it Go' to himself while crossing the road to his suicide?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YoshiBoy13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 7:06:40 AM
He crossed the road to get to the KFC.
- Just because you're narrow-minded doesn't mean you're always right.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 11:10:34 AM
How long until we live in a world where a chicken can cross the damn road without having their motives questioned?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 8:45:27 PM
Because the armadillo told him it was safe.

At the time, it seemed the logical thing to do.

Insufficient data

To prove to the raccoon that it could be done.

To die. In the rain.

Because shut the hell up, that's why. Now go get me a beer, bitch

The point is that the chicken crossed the road. Who cares why?
The ends of crossing the road justify whatever motive there was.

It doesn't matter; the chicken's actions have no meaning except to
him

The fact that you thought that the chicken crossed the road reveals
your underlying sexual insecurity.

I don't care. Catch it. I need its eggs to make my omelet.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 12:59:45 AM

Chickens don't have hands.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 3:35:00 PM

There was a black guy walking towards his general direction.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 2:18:04 PM
At 6/24/2015 3:35:00 PM, Wylted wrote:

Ahh...but the bigger question is............

Why did the chicken cross the Moebius Strip?

To get to the same side.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 5:13:51 PM
At 6/25/2015 2:18:04 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/24/2015 3:35:00 PM, Wylted wrote:

Ahh...but the bigger question is............

Why did the chicken cross the Moebius Strip?

To get to the same side.

I'm not googling whatever that is, this answer will go I laughed at.
TinyBudha
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 7:16:35 PM

This is a common misconception, the chicken remained still and the road simply passed underneath the chicken
Cryo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 12:30:49 AM
At 3/1/2015 11:10:34 AM, FREEDO wrote:
How long until we live in a world where a chicken can cross the damn road without having their motives questioned?

Hey! It ain't profiling if it's fuckin' probably true! And being suspicious 'a chickens don't make me no damn racist neither! Won't have any of that PC librul bullcrap 'round here.

You honestly think we could butcher billions of chickens and never face no repercussions do you? It's only a matter of time boys...

I swear to God I see a chicken walking 'cross the street towards my trailer I ain't takin' any chances. I'll grab my double-barrel and BLAM! BLAM! dinner is served...
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 3:34:00 AM
At 3/1/2015 1:19:58 AM, imabench wrote:

Is it bad that I imagined him quietly singing 'let it Go' to himself while crossing the road to his suicide?

No, cos you're Ima. It's all right; we all know you're going to imagine that :P
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...