Pure Mafia II Day Phase II

wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 12:37:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Dead Players:
1. xxdarkxx: You are a drone. You win if the mafia are eliminated. You must declare your vote in your role PM before each day phase for it to count.

Living Players:
1. Vi_Veri
2. theLwerd
3. Nags
4. mongoose
5. SportsGuru
6. JBlake
7. mongeese
8. Atheism
9. LeafRod
10. InsertNameHere
11. Korashk
12. Alex_hanson911

A note was found!
Hi. I'm mongoose, the mute. I am not allowed to post in the Day Phase thread, but I may write a letter every night phase, which is then posted where this one is now. To vote, I have to submit it in my PM thread. I didn't do this yesterday because I was unsure about Nags and believed that an unexplained vote could get me killed. I am a townie.

7 votes to lynch. The Day Phase ends at 11 PM CT 15 July 2010. And I'm not revealing any causes of death in this game, so don't ask. Go.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 12:49:17 PM
I'm the watcher. I can choose one person each night and learn who visited them. I watched mongeese last night, nobody visited him. For some reason I thought I was tracker when I put my role in, because I believe mongeese could be mafia.

The people who voted for me yesterday were Lwerd, Vi, Atheism, Insert, Korashk, and mongeese. Atheism and Korashk seem more innocent to me, while the rest seem more suspicious.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 1:26:47 PM
So now wut. We're obviously voting for Nags or Vi...

Vi, let's start with this: who did you watch last night?
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 1:28:38 PM
Ps. Nags we're not suspicious just because we voted for you. We voted for you because we HAD to pick someone to pressure next before the dp ended (fail) - And I think it's hilarious that Korashk and Atheism seem "less suspicious" than someone like myself, when they were the ones who suggested we pressure you (over Korashk). But anyway. I can confirm my innocence, as I've been recruited into a PM with another player. If I were mafia, that would obviously not be the case. As such I can confirm and be confirmed by a player in this game.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 1:28:41 PM
At 7/14/2010 1:26:47 PM, theLwerd wrote:
So now wut. We're obviously voting for Nags or Vi...

Vi, let's start with this: who did you watch last night?

Hey, yes, I'm the Watcher. I watched INH last night like I was instructed. This is a fantastic little way to get the watcher out of the game though, since Nags was already on the chopping block. lol Exactly what the mafia pulled last pm game.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 1:29:46 PM
I'm going to go work out - be back in a few hours. <<Vote to lynch Nags>>
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 1:51:16 PM
Lynch Vi.

Lolzer. Coincidentally Insert is the one I am most suspicious of and one of the people who voted to lynch me. I never read that Vi claimed watcher last day phase btw.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 1:52:26 PM
At 7/14/2010 1:28:41 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Hey, yes, I'm the Watcher. I watched INH last night like I was instructed. This is a fantastic little way to get the watcher out of the game though, since Nags was already on the chopping block. lol Exactly what the mafia pulled last pm game.

Hmm. If I were mafia, wouldn't I claim a good role -- like cop or doctor? Watcher sucks.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 2:19:54 PM
At 7/14/2010 1:52:26 PM, Nags wrote:

Hmm. If I were mafia, wouldn't I claim a good role -- like cop or doctor? Watcher sucks.

That's an argument that can apply to her as much as you. Currently, we have two "Watchers" voting against each other. I don't really know what to make of it.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 2:20:49 PM
At 7/14/2010 2:19:54 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 7/14/2010 1:52:26 PM, Nags wrote:

That's an argument that can apply to her as much as you. Currently, we have two "Watchers" voting against each other. I don't really know what to make of it.

Yea, wouldn't there only be one watcher? One of them has to be Mafia...
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 2:50:37 PM
I'm going to wait a bit before i cast my vote either way. Nag's, i don't like your "if i was mafia wouldn't I claim a good role like cop or doctor" defense, this is pure mafia, so obviously there is a cop and doctor and that would guarantee a cc, a watcher wouldn't be as guaranteed, therefore i would think you WOULD claim a role like watcher, especially since you "didn't see Vi claimed watcher".
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 3:15:12 PM
At 7/14/2010 1:51:16 PM, Nags wrote:
Lynch Vi.

Lolzer. Coincidentally Insert is the one I am most suspicious of and one of the people who voted to lynch me. I never read that Vi claimed watcher last day phase btw.

You're most suspicious of Insert? She role claimed TRACKER. And Vi role claimed WATCHER. Admittedly I don't think Nags was online when all this went down. I really don't know what to make of it either. Nags saying that the watcher is lame (it's not!) is what he said to me when I gave him that role in my last game. However it's also pretty convenient that he claims to be suspicious of Insert who claimed, and said he did not understand his role. I do believe that Vi would lie about being the watcher, and just because someone countered her in the last game and was lying doesn't mean that she's telling the truth now. Either way we hafta go with someone. It's a lil convenient that she didn't rc before she went to work. I dunno. Either way this is gonna prove that Nags or Vi is lying. Vote Vi I guess.
President of DDO
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 3:19:39 PM
Can we afford a ml? If so i don't mind whoever we lynch, but perhaps we have the cop investigate one of them and/or inh on them?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 3:21:55 PM
At 7/14/2010 3:19:39 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
Can we afford a ml? If so i don't mind whoever we lynch, but perhaps we have the cop investigate one of them and/or inh on them?

Is there a choice? We have to have one die in order to take out a mafioso. Hopefully we only lose 1 instead of 2 but clearly we can't just let them both live. What if one's the Godfather?
President of DDO
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 3:24:01 PM
VOTE COUNT
Nags: 1/7 (Vi_Veri, InsertNameHere, mongoose)
Vi_Veri: 1/7 (Nags)
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 3:24:07 PM
If Vi is Mafia, it's quite likely that Insert is Mafia as well.

That said, neither "Watcher" has much to go on. I'm not aware of anybody who visited me last night, so Nags might be telling the truth, but he also seems to be stumbling with accusing Insert and getting mixed up between Tracker and Watcher.

Of course, we don't have to go with a lynch on one of these guys. We could go the investigative route. If Nags is innocent, we lynch Vi. If Nags is guilty, we lynch Nags. Or vice-versa, investigating Vi instead. Good idea? Bad? Any input?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 3:24:47 PM
VOTE COUNT
Nags: 4/7 (Vi_Veri, InsertNameHere, mongoose, theLwerd)
Vi_Veri: 1/7 (Nags)
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 3:26:18 PM
At 7/14/2010 3:21:55 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Is there a choice? We have to have one die in order to take out a mafioso. Hopefully we only lose 1 instead of 2 but clearly we can't just let them both live. What if one's the Godfather?

True, thats why i was thinking haveing the watcher on her. Since it is possible, but it is pure so there may not even be a Godfather, but i guess since we have at least a tracker and watcher, there probably is.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 3:30:14 PM
At 7/14/2010 3:26:18 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

True, thats why i was thinking haveing the watcher on her. Since it is possible, but it is pure so there may not even be a Godfather, but i guess since we have at least a tracker and watcher, there probably is.

Having the watcher on her? Who's her? And which watcher? They both claimed watcher... Anyway yeah I guess we can go in the investigative route, but then who do we pressure? Better yet INSERT - Who did you track last night? If she can't answer then it may mean both she and Vi are mafia.
President of DDO
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 3:31:24 PM

I've never seen a game without a Mafia member who would come up innocent upon investigation.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 3:33:49 PM
At 7/14/2010 3:31:24 PM, mongeese wrote:

I've never seen a game without a Mafia member who would come up innocent upon investigation.

I grew up playing mafia in church, where it was basically always 2 vanilla mafia, a cop and doctor. So thats what i think of when i hear pure :P
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 3:34:23 PM
Wait a minute, didn't xxdarkxx claim Drone? Why didn't he submit a vote? A vote showing up at the beginning of the Day Phase would help to confirm him.