Jump to topic:

Protest bots stealing cool names

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 6:05:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think for the most part we've gotten used to bots. We know that it's not Airmax's fault that they're around, and Juggle is still working on a solution (they recently ruled out nuclear warfare). Keeping all this in mind, we pretty much just ignore bots now. They get buried underneath the things we all post, they're forgotten.

Also for the most part, they have meaningless and pretty stupid names. But some of these names are actually kind of legit. Actually even some of the ones that look meaningless might've had meaning to someone else before a bot stole it. I mean, when you see the name YYW, you probably don't automatically attach a meaning to it, but he has an actual reason for giving himself that name, and it's not nonsense.

So my concern is now that bots are stealing the high quality names that are actually kind of cool. Even if the names don't make sense to you, they might have meaning to someone. I resolve that this problem calls for a rebellion in the masses.

Let's go.

Not really sure why I posted this.

Feel free to respond with randomness.

It is the miscellaneous forum after all.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 6:36:59 PM
Easy solution. Let us change our names. If we did that bubba the clown could have just stuck with one account instead of having 20.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 8:30:00 PM
At 3/3/2015 6:36:59 PM, Wylted wrote:
Easy solution. Let us change our names. If we did that bubba the clown could have just stuck with one account instead of having 20.

?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 8:42:54 PM
At 3/3/2015 8:30:00 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

?

Sorry 23
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 2:10:48 PM
At 3/3/2015 8:30:00 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

?

Sig change
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 2:20:10 PM
At 3/3/2015 6:05:09 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
I think for the most part we've gotten used to bots. We know that it's not Airmax's fault that they're around, and Juggle is still working on a solution (they recently ruled out nuclear warfare). Keeping all this in mind, we pretty much just ignore bots now. They get buried underneath the things we all post, they're forgotten.

Also for the most part, they have meaningless and pretty stupid names. But some of these names are actually kind of legit. Actually even some of the ones that look meaningless might've had meaning to someone else before a bot stole it. I mean, when you see the name YYW, you probably don't automatically attach a meaning to it, but he has an actual reason for giving himself that name, and it's not nonsense.

So my concern is now that bots are stealing the high quality names that are actually kind of cool. Even if the names don't make sense to you, they might have meaning to someone. I resolve that this problem calls for a rebellion in the masses.

Let's go.

Juggle doesn't care about this site anymore, its copyright license hasn't even been renewed since 2013.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 2:24:07 PM
At 3/4/2015 2:20:10 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/3/2015 6:05:09 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Let's go.

Juggle doesn't care about this site anymore, its copyright license hasn't even been renewed since 2013.

You got that this is mainly a troll topic right?

I mean, I think some bots do have cool names, but I know Juggle isn't going to do anything.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 10:57:58 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a bot? And the fact that i don't know what a bot is must show it isn't much of a problem as I see no effect of this bot.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%