Jump to topic:

Any rebelutionaries out there?

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 12:09:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
How about we rebel against the low expectations you seem to have for our standards of evidence in metaphysics?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 12:23:21 PM
At 7/15/2010 12:09:05 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
How about we rebel against the low expectations you seem to have for our standards of evidence in metaphysics?

That is a learned behavior that many folks on ddo practice anyway. I choose to take a stand for what I accept as well which makes me the unsilent minority homes :o)
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 1:15:43 PM
Oh, god.

I once tutored a kid who did a book report on this... it's the most self-indulgent, cliché, self-obsessed, idiotic piece of trash out there. I mean, you'd think that after a while cliché anecdotes (I was a drug addict, but then I found God, and now I'm not a drug addict) would, you know, be looked at as cliché. Piece of motherf*cking sh1t this is.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 1:17:25 PM
At 7/15/2010 12:06:56 PM, twsurber wrote:
Do Hard Things, Rebel against low expectations!

http://www.therebelution.com...

Haha - from the site:

The Do Hard Things Tour invites you to explore some radical questions:

* Is it possible that even though teens today have more freedom than any other generation in history, we're actually missing out on some of the best years of our lives?

Wut?

* Is it possible that what our culture says about the purpose and potential of the teen years is a lie, and that we are its victims?

Lol, wut?

* Is it possible that our teen years give us a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for huge accomplishments -- as individuals and as a generation?

Lol, wut?

* And finally, what would our lives look like if we set out on a different path entirely -- a path that required more effort but promised a lot more reward?

Um, failure? Haha this seems lame.
President of DDO
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 1:17:28 PM
At 7/15/2010 1:13:06 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
For some reason, I expected FREEDO to be the author of this thread.

So did I. It's funny how obvious it is.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 1:20:54 PM
And, you know, they treat the most gentile of things as hugely f*cking profound, when it's not. For example... friends want to sneak into a movie. But narrator just found God, and he knows that it isn't right to sneak into a movie, so he doesn't sneak into a movie. Cue, like, tens of pages of analysis...WHICH IS JUST BULLSH1T!!!

This book has no substance to it whatsoever.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 1:44:28 PM
Hahaha, this is hilarious. I've gone to tons of these things with the church group. It is incredible fail. Rebel my asss, this is brainwash.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 1:49:58 PM
At 7/15/2010 1:44:28 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Hahaha, this is hilarious. I've gone to tons of these things with the church group. It is incredible fail. Rebel my asss, this is brainwash.

Same... and their allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the same
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 4:29:25 PM
This is the kind of feedback I was expecting.

I do seek people's indulgence to confirm or clarify what I have inferred having been on DDO for a few months now:

1) Everything in the world is socially acceptable EXCEPT the Bible, salvation, and Jews living in Israel.

2) The very few who do believe the above, should keep it to themselves unless specifically asked by another person for input. Basically using the Masonic Lodge approach, "To be one, ask one."

3) Morals do not really exist. Any given individual's behavior is a matter of choice or preemptive in nature or a response of some type., assuming that choice does not truly exist either.

4) The only things that can be true, are things that are concrete and absolutely proven, and based upon solid human reasoning.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 4:34:07 PM
At 7/15/2010 4:29:25 PM, twsurber wrote:

I do seek people's indulgence to confirm or clarify what I have inferred having been on DDO for a few months now:

1) Everything in the world is socially acceptable EXCEPT the Bible, salvation, and Jews living in Israel.

2) The very few who do believe the above, should keep it to themselves unless specifically asked by another person for input. Basically using the Masonic Lodge approach, "To be one, ask one."

3) Morals do not really exist. Any given individual's behavior is a matter of choice or preemptive in nature or a response of some type., assuming that choice does not truly exist either.

4) The only things that can be true, are things that are concrete and absolutely proven, and based upon solid human reasoning.

Wow, succinctly, and nicely put.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 5:01:37 PM

Well put.
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 5:40:49 PM
How patronizing. You fall for this crap?

Adults gearing propaganda towards teens and making it look "XTREEEEEMMMME!!!!" shows just how much respect they have for them. I guarantee you this guy monocle-popped during the '60s "rebelution". It's as silly as tea party "revolutionaries".
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 5:46:02 PM

DDO is not the world. DDO is a bunch of social misfits. The Bible is a majority belief in this part of the world, as is Zionism (salvation is in the Bible). Though Christians by themselves are not a world majority, they come closer than any other religion. The former two (the latter is a bit too complex to treat here) are intellectually unacceptable, not socially. And many other things are intellectually unacceptable as well.

Try preaching the Quran, I wonder if you'll get a better reaction? Ask Mirza or Insert.

2) The very few who do believe the above, should keep it to themselves unless specifically asked by another person for input.
Christians, again, are the majority in the world, though perhaps not the majority of active DDO members. There is no "very few"

3) Morals do not really exist.
Sure they do.

Any given individual's behavior is a matter of choice
Which does not contradict morality.

or preemptive in nature or a response of some type., assuming that choice does not truly exist either.
?

The only thing that should be treated as true. It may be true that there are little green men in the Martian underground. But there's no more reason to believe this than that there are little blue men instead.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 5:49:56 PM
At 7/15/2010 5:40:49 PM, Yvette wrote:
How patronizing. You fall for this crap?

Adults gearing propaganda towards teens and making it look "XTREEEEEMMMME!!!!" shows just how much respect they have for them. I guarantee you this guy monocle-popped during the '60s "rebelution". It's as silly as coffee party "revolutionaries".

Fix'd. The Tea Party does not stoop this low, though the Coffee Party does. The Tea Party certainly has its problems, but it is honest about what it believes, and adopting its ideals, such as they are, would genuinely be a radical departure from the status quo. Unlike, say, Christians asking for rebellion, instead of giving unto Caesar what is Caesar's. The Tea Party by and large genuinely believes the Founders agree with them on most or all issues, its use of imagery is not cynical.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 5:58:39 PM
At 7/15/2010 2:18:12 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
"Sure, letting your priest touch you in the 'danger zone' is difficult. Just ask the Catholics. But burning in Hell is what happens when you take the easy way out. So do the HARD thing."

Wait is that an actual quote?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 5:58:53 PM
At 7/15/2010 5:53:31 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
R_R should join the Tea Party.
A good start toward that would be if the "get the government out of my medicare" granny got booted out. I want to bring about capitalism, not bring back one of the many attempts to fake it.

http://www.debate.org... (although it seems to reflect Republicans more I think).
Anarchy is meaningless. The pirates? They are governing. They may not be doing much of a job of it, but that is what they are doing. The Islamic courts in Somalia? Well, the second word should be a dead giveaway. The clans?
The lack of formal taxes doth not make a lack of taxes :P.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:04:46 PM
At 7/15/2010 5:58:39 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
"Sure, letting your priest touch you in the 'danger zone' is difficult. Just ask the Catholics. But burning in Hell is what happens when you take the easy way out. So do the HARD thing."

Nope. But the fact that you asked that suggests that I may have won the thread.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 6:07:25 PM
At 7/15/2010 6:04:46 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

I wondered the same thing but felt stupid to ask. You have won the internetz.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 2:23:08 AM
At 7/15/2010 5:46:02 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
DDO is not the world. DDO is a bunch of social misfits.

Stop projecting, dude. Not cool.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 2:23:47 AM
At 7/15/2010 6:07:25 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/15/2010 6:04:46 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

I wondered the same thing but felt stupid to ask. You have won the internetz.

You know, the omniscient Google exists.
Pirate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 5:33:10 AM
I rather join the maçons or something... So what they want here, and i don't know what religion has to do with anything, is that people stop considering teens like the idiots they are and that teens start doing stuff other than play computer games and watch TV? Sorry, no can do.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 8:36:45 AM
At 7/16/2010 2:23:08 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 7/15/2010 5:46:02 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
DDO is not the world. DDO is a bunch of social misfits.

Stop projecting, dude. Not cool.

It's not merely projecting, though my social misfit level is certainly above average :P.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 8:39:27 AM
At 7/15/2010 5:53:31 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
R_R should join the Tea Party (although it seems to reflect Republicans more I think).

*facepalm* No, Insert, lol. Republicans don't mind taxes.
President of DDO