Jump to topic:

Coping

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:18:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Is it easier to deal with someone you really care about alot dying (human or animal or anything else) or to have no idea whats going on and have them be missing?

I think its easier to deal with death, but want some other opinions too.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:21:54 PM
At 7/15/2010 9:18:31 PM, lovelife wrote:
Is it easier to deal with someone you really care about alot dying (human or animal or anything else) or to have no idea whats going on and have them be missing?

When someone dies, all you need to do is realize that he / she is obviously no longer living on this Earth. Plain and simple. Maybe you can connect that person with an inner spiritual facade, but when it comes down to it, you'll have memories. Instead of crying over death, be grateful for that person. Some of us are lucky enough to have what we have today.

If someone is missing, it depends on the circumstance. If a family member decides to skip out on everyhting and lose himself into a different type of environment, then fine. Whatever. Depending if a crime was committed, the severity of that crime, the family member involved with it, etc. Different circumstances = different opinions and rationale.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:25:26 PM

My cat is being put down tomorrow and I would rather know of it and deal with it straight on, then come home and realize he's missing. At least in these last moments, I can say goodbye. But death of a loved one is always difficult... This year I lost 4 cousins, an uncle, a sister and a grandmother. Last year, I lost two cousins, and a grandfather. I have a bitter acceptance of death now.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:26:39 PM
At 7/15/2010 9:25:26 PM, annhasle wrote:

My cat is being put down tomorrow and I would rather know of it and deal with it straight on, then come home and realize he's missing. At least in these last moments, I can say goodbye. But death of a loved one is always difficult... This year I lost 4 cousins, an uncle, a sister and a grandmother. Last year, I lost two cousins, and a grandfather. I have a bitter acceptance of death now.

Aww. Poor kitty. :(
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:27:59 PM

Any relation to heredity?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:31:31 PM
At 7/15/2010 9:26:39 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Its making me cry. I remember when I went with my dad to have our hamster put down. It was really hard. My friend had no idea what was happening and didn't believe me when I told her. (we were in the car) she cried when dad explained it.

My dog has been missing for three days now, and my bfs dad has been for about a week. Its been hard on us both and I really freak when I think about it. My best friend said theres no reason to be upset cause no one knows if anyones dead.

Explaining how its harder is really hard though.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:32:14 PM
At 7/15/2010 9:27:59 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

This year, my four cousins were killed in Iraq. My uncle was murdered in Bonn, Germany by Nazi sympathizers when he rejected their offer to join. My sister was killed in Afghanistan. My grandmother killed herself.

Last year, my two cousins had a suicide pact with four other teens and all jumped off a building at the same time in Frankfurt. My grandfather died from a failed heart surgery.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:34:14 PM
At 7/15/2010 9:31:31 PM, lovelife wrote:

Its making me cry. I remember when I went with my dad to have our hamster put down. It was really hard. My friend had no idea what was happening and didn't believe me when I told her. (we were in the car) she cried when dad explained it.

My dog has been missing for three days now, and my bfs dad has been for about a week. Its been hard on us both and I really freak when I think about it. My best friend said theres no reason to be upset cause no one knows if anyones dead.

I understand. My cat ran away two months ago and was gone for a month! I thought she had died and I cried the whole month. But she came back!! Your dog has the same potential for return just as your bf's dad does. Don't give up hope but search parties are very effective. Calling out your dog's name everyday is important, believe me!
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:35:17 PM
At 7/15/2010 9:32:14 PM, annhasle wrote:

This year, my four cousins were killed in Iraq. My uncle was murdered in Bonn, Germany by Nazi sympathizers when he rejected their offer to join. My sister was killed in Afghanistan. My grandmother killed herself.

Last year, my two cousins had a suicide pact with four other teens and all jumped off a building at the same time in Frankfurt. My grandfather died from a failed heart surgery.

Wow. I sincerely apologize. I couldn't understand the impact that has on your life and how you perceive things.

Nevertheless, you're still here ;)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:36:04 PM

Reason against war, it kills, and leaves families impacted.

Suicide pact? That's dumber than killing yourself cause your depressed (no offence)

I'm really sorry about your losses btw.

I guess it depends on how they died. My ferret ran away and I'm not as depressy about that (even though I know she's dead by now) as I am when I accidently drowned my best friends hamster.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:38:18 PM
At 7/15/2010 9:34:14 PM, annhasle wrote:

I understand. My cat ran away two months ago and was gone for a month! I thought she had died and I cried the whole month. But she came back!! Your dog has the same potential for return just as your bf's dad does. Don't give up hope but search parties are very effective. Calling out your dog's name everyday is important, believe me!

I know they can return. My cat at dad's house did. We thought he'd die as a kitten but I helped him and gave him his meds and fed him everyday and he lived. Everyday for two weeks (after being gone 1 1/2 months) my dad told me he was dead I refused to believe and I found him coming back inside one day.

I know it happens which is why its harder cause I really don't know what to think ot expect.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:44:57 PM
At 7/15/2010 9:35:17 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Wow. I sincerely apologize. I couldn't understand the impact that has on your life and how you perceive things.

Nevertheless, you're still here ;)

It's definitely changed my view on life and death. I understand the fragility of time so I am more aware of my time with family. 27 people have been murdered in my family since 1946 so I'm more paranoid but also thankful of the times I have been able to escape death and still live.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:46:14 PM
At 7/15/2010 9:36:04 PM, lovelife wrote:

p

Suicide pact? That's dumber than killing yourself cause your depressed (no offence)

Actually, I feel a little offended by this. The suicide pact could have carried an immense political purpose behind it. The action that the kids took certainly received massive coverage, and the event could have brought more awareness to adolescent depression, and, in result, useful to the cause of creating more methods of helping kids deal with their problems.

If you kill yourself because you're depressed, you probably won't get too much coverage. Kind of a waste if you're trying to make a difference.

I guess it depends on how they died. My ferret ran away and I'm not as depressy about that (even though I know she's dead by now) as I am when I accidently drowned my best friends hamster.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:46:49 PM
At 7/15/2010 9:38:18 PM, lovelife wrote:

I know they can return. My cat at dad's house did. We thought he'd die as a kitten but I helped him and gave him his meds and fed him everyday and he lived. Everyday for two weeks (after being gone 1 1/2 months) my dad told me he was dead I refused to believe and I found him coming back inside one day.

: I know it happens which is why its harder cause I really don't know what to think ot expect.

My grandfather always said, "Hope for the best, plan for the worst." So, still think positive but I wouldn't continue buying more dog food and setting out new water, you know? Hopefully it will all work out! Keep us posted! :)
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 9:50:34 PM
At 7/15/2010 9:46:14 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

p

Actually, I feel a little offended by this. The suicide pact could have carried an immense political purpose behind it. The action that the kids took certainly received massive coverage, and the event could have brought more awareness to adolescent depression, and, in result, useful to the cause of creating more methods of helping kids deal with their problems.

If you kill yourself because you're depressed, you probably won't get too much coverage. Kind of a waste if you're trying to make a difference.

Manic Depression runs in the family so most family members do suffer from depression. I have manic depression, Bi polar depression and PTSD which is why I do activism for all types of mental disorders. However, my cousins killed themselves because their father was murdered and their mom (my aunt) was murdered five years ago...They lost hope...They assumed they would be next.

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 10:02:05 PM
At 7/15/2010 9:46:49 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/15/2010 9:38:18 PM, lovelife wrote:

: I know it happens which is why its harder cause I really don't know what to think ot expect.

My grandfather always said, "Hope for the best, plan for the worst." So, still think positive but I wouldn't continue buying more dog food and setting out new water, you know? Hopefully it will all work out! Keep us posted! :)

Yeah. I still put leftovers outside and change the water though (the leftovers go missing overnight, but we have birds and rats and mice around so that's not really proof) I hope we get her back or at least find that someone else took her in.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 10:06:16 PM

p

Actually, I feel a little offended by this.

That wasn't my intention.

The suicide pact could have carried an immense political purpose behind it. The action that the kids took certainly received massive coverage, and the event could have brought more awareness to adolescent depression, and, in result, useful to the cause of creating more methods of helping kids deal with their problems.

There's not much you can do with depressed kids. Therapy and that only helps some. Wont help me, only I can help myself, by thinking of a better future. In fact my therapist even said its pointless for me to go.

But if you kill yourself because your depressed you think your helping yourself.
I wouldn't cause depression is only temporary, and you only get one life to live so you gotta make the most of it.

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 10:10:39 PM
At 7/15/2010 9:50:34 PM, annhasle wrote:

p

Manic Depression runs in the family so most family members do suffer from depression. I have manic depression, Bi polar depression and PTSD which is why I do activism for all types of mental disorders. However, my cousins killed themselves because their father was murdered and their mom (my aunt) was murdered five years ago...They lost hope...They assumed they would be next.

That seriously sucks that they got all hopeless though. I wouldn't have done it if I was in their shoes because even if I knew I was next, I'd want to make the most of whatever amount of life I have left anyway. (oh and btw I'm the pessimist in the family. I get in troube for not thinking highly enough about the future. So plz don't tell mom about this cause that would destroy my rep)

Bi polar and depression both run in my family, so does OCD but I don't think that applies to me, and people in my family are very addictive or whatever (idk the word they aren't addictive but they get addicted easily)
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 10:16:39 PM
At 7/15/2010 10:10:39 PM, lovelife wrote:

p

That seriously sucks that they got all hopeless though. I wouldn't have done it if I was in their shoes because even if I knew I was next, I'd want to make the most of whatever amount of life I have left anyway. (oh and btw I'm the pessimist in the family. I get in troube for not thinking highly enough about the future. So plz don't tell mom about this cause that would destroy my rep)

Yeah, I wish they didn't do it since they were really close to me...but I understand their pain. We're basically killed off like vermin and when you get used to such inhumane actions, death seems like a sweet release. But I know now that I have to keep the family line going and somehow reinstate the pride Germans once had for us...

Bi polar and depression both run in my family, so does OCD but I don't think that applies to me, and people in my family are very addictive or whatever (idk the word they aren't addictive but they get addicted easily)

Prone to addiction?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 10:24:33 PM
At 7/15/2010 10:16:39 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/15/2010 10:10:39 PM, lovelife wrote:

p

Yeah, I wish they didn't do it since they were really close to me...but I understand their pain. We're basically killed off like vermin and when you get used to such inhumane actions, death seems like a sweet release. But I know now that I have to keep the family line going and somehow reinstate the pride Germans once had for us...

I really hate it when someone close to me dies, but really life only lasts so long and you only get one, so I try not spending mine being depressed to much. (and plz don't kill yourself)

Prone to addiction?

I think thats the word/phrase for it. Thought maybe something more scientific was it though lmao.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 10:25:50 PM
God, I've totally derailed this thread with my sob-story. Ugh, I'm so sorry. '-_-
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 10:27:00 PM
At 7/15/2010 10:25:50 PM, annhasle wrote:
God, I've totally derailed this thread with my sob-story. Ugh, I'm so sorry. '-_-

Its fine lol. And oooh you said God, I'm sure you know what that means....it means some Christian might get offended.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 10:28:43 PM
At 7/15/2010 10:27:00 PM, lovelife wrote:

Its fine lol. And oooh you said God, I'm sure you know what that means....it means some Christian might get offended.

LOL you're right. I should have said:

ENTITY-THAT-DOES-NOT-EXIST, I've totally...blah-blah-blah

Don't want to offend anyone.... :P
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 10:43:02 PM
At 7/15/2010 10:28:43 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/15/2010 10:27:00 PM, lovelife wrote:

LOL you're right. I should have said:

ENTITY-THAT-DOES-NOT-EXIST, I've totally...blah-blah-blah

Don't want to offend anyone.... :P

lmao yep. At least then you wouldn't take anyones "name in vain"
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 11:55:05 PM
Death doesn't really effect me. It's suffering that opals me. Seeing as death is the absence of feeling and there is pleasure to be found in life then this creates an incentive for advancing it but also makes it so death isn't something that necessarily needs to be feared or mourned over.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:13:19 AM
At 7/15/2010 11:55:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Death doesn't really effect me. It's suffering that opals me. Seeing as death is the absence of feeling and there is pleasure to be found in life then this creates an incentive for advancing it but also makes it so death isn't something that necessarily needs to be feared or mourned over.

Yeah, and one thing that doesn't get me is they have animals put to death just cause they can't find a home, but I don't see them doing the same for homeless humans, same goes for sick animals/humans. If its right for one its right for both.

Death has a certain effect that makes people mourn, most likely because they know they will never see whoever died again.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 8:53:33 AM
At 7/15/2010 11:55:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:

have you even had anyone close to you die?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 11:31:58 AM
Btw (I doubt anyone cares but just putting it out there) Kitty just found out his dad really is dead.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 3:05:09 PM
1. Tie rope around your neck and tie the other end to a ceiling fan.
2. Stand on a chair
3. Jump
4. ???????
5. PROFIT!
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.