Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Atheists CAN think for themselves

GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Posts: 4,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 9:34:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

Wrong section, post in Religion Forum
I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) is his messenger.
-GreyParrot
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 9:30:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2015 9:34:15 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

Wrong section, post in Religion Forum

But atheism isnt a religion
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Posts: 4,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 9:46:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2015 9:30:15 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:34:15 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

Wrong section, post in Religion Forum

But atheism isnt a religion

It would still be more relevant to the religious section as you were talking about how "Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. "
I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) is his messenger.
-GreyParrot
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 10:10:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2015 9:30:15 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:34:15 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

Wrong section, post in Religion Forum

But atheism isnt a religion

But it IS a religious position.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 7:33:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2015 10:10:00 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:30:15 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:34:15 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

Wrong section, post in Religion Forum

But atheism isnt a religion

But it IS a religious position.

Actually, religion is defined as "A belief in a god or group of gods," "an organized system of beliefs ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods."

Therefore atheism is not a religious position.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Posts: 10,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 3:57:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

It is said that an atheist will believe almost anything.
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 9:40:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/9/2015 3:57:10 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

It is said that an atheist will believe almost anything.

But can it be proven?
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 9:52:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

Global Warming Deniers CAN think for themselves

Global Warming Denialism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any global warming. Because the definition has no extension from there, Global Warming Denialists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 9:55:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/9/2015 9:52:43 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

Global Warming Deniers CAN think for themselves

Global Warming Denialism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any global warming. Because the definition has no extension from there, Global Warming Denialists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

Straw man argument. Global warming does not extend to other beliefs, so yes they can.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Posts: 10,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 4:10:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/9/2015 9:55:36 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 3/9/2015 9:52:43 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

Global Warming Deniers CAN think for themselves

Global Warming Denialism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any global warming. Because the definition has no extension from there, Global Warming Denialists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

Straw man argument. Global warming does not extend to other beliefs, so yes they can.

"Global warming does not extend to other beliefs" Um ya it does. It demands total human behavior change and wealth redistribution just to name 2 things.
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
Varrack
Posts: 2,728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 6:29:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/8/2015 9:30:15 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:34:15 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

Wrong section, post in Religion Forum

But atheism isnt a religion

It's the rejection of religion, thus most relevant to the religion forum. The OP seems to be addressing non-atheists anyways, of whom most are religious.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 10:16:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2015 6:29:15 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:30:15 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 3/8/2015 9:34:15 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

Wrong section, post in Religion Forum

But atheism isnt a religion

It's the rejection of religion, thus most relevant to the religion forum. The OP seems to be addressing non-atheists anyways, of whom most are religious.

Yeah this really should be in the religion section
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 10:17:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2015 4:10:02 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/9/2015 9:55:36 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 3/9/2015 9:52:43 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

Global Warming Deniers CAN think for themselves

Global Warming Denialism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any global warming. Because the definition has no extension from there, Global Warming Denialists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

Straw man argument. Global warming does not extend to other beliefs, so yes they can.

"Global warming does not extend to other beliefs" Um ya it does. It demands total human behavior change and wealth redistribution just to name 2 things.

Perhaps, but atheism does not.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,704
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 10:24:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

This really does belong in the 'Religion' forum.
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 12:10:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2015 10:24:41 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/7/2015 10:39:25 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Atheism is defined as the rejection of the belief in any deity. Because the definition has no extension from there, atheists are, by definition, able to think for themselves.

This really does belong in the 'Religion' forum.

Yeah
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...