Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

tired of people asking you how you're doing?

Wtnjetro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 6:47:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I get this all the time at work as does probably everybody else. How are you doing? Are they seriously asking me? What kind of answer are they expecting? I think everybody who asks that question is expecting my answer to be "absolutely great, could never be better." But that's not true. I'm usually neither totally awesome or totally horrible. I'm as always, lodged in between the two. I saw "I'm just ok" at which point they usually act as if I left something out. So maybe I should spruce it up a bit.

Next time they ask "how are you" are should respond "Well, my STD is acting up a bit and I just pulled a muscle in my back that prevents me from sitting on the toilet for more than 5 seconds without wincing in great pain. By the way, how are you?" Do you think they'd like that? Or how about if I respond with "I just got explosive diahrea from ingesting the refuse of the rare pneumo-coca plant grown exclusively in India and now I have a rash 'down there' and how are you?"

I could also come up with "well, I'm very lonely because I recently got divorced. Hey, would you like to go grocery shopping with me someday?

I guarantee that after several rounds of this you will no longer hear the annoying "how are you doing" every day and they will most likely give you the peace and quiet you deserve.
Author of the book The Vast Wastelands of Unbelief published by Tate Publishing, frequent author of articles at www.lutheranscience.org
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 6:52:45 PM
I always respond with something over the top, like "I'm stupendous" or "This is the greatest day of my life".

Nobody wants to hear about your problems. Adjust your attitude and/or work on your front game.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 6:56:49 PM
At 3/8/2015 6:47:01 PM, Wtnjetro wrote:
I get this all the time at work as does probably everybody else. How are you doing? Are they seriously asking me? What kind of answer are they expecting? I think everybody who asks that question is expecting my answer to be "absolutely great, could never be better." But that's not true. I'm usually neither totally awesome or totally horrible. I'm as always, lodged in between the two. I saw "I'm just ok" at which point they usually act as if I left something out. So maybe I should spruce it up a bit.

Next time they ask "how are you" are should respond "Well, my STD is acting up a bit and I just pulled a muscle in my back that prevents me from sitting on the toilet for more than 5 seconds without wincing in great pain. By the way, how are you?" Do you think they'd like that? Or how about if I respond with "I just got explosive diahrea from ingesting the refuse of the rare pneumo-coca plant grown exclusively in India and now I have a rash 'down there' and how are you?"

I could also come up with "well, I'm very lonely because I recently got divorced. Hey, would you like to go grocery shopping with me someday?

I guarantee that after several rounds of this you will no longer hear the annoying "how are you doing" every day and they will most likely give you the peace and quiet you deserve.

How are you?
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Wtnjetro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 7:12:29 PM
In reality, I'm ok, but that response is boring.

So what can I say in response to that? How about "Well, just learned my ex is getting married and she told me, between the sheets he's better than I ever been. Kinda like comparing a Ford Ram to a Kia missing two wheels. Luckily, though, I went on a date with an older lady whose hearing aid was turned only halfway up and probably only head half of what I said. She also made the romantic gesture of taking her false teeth out during our date and showing me her gout spot on her knee. And, by the way, how are you today?"
Author of the book The Vast Wastelands of Unbelief published by Tate Publishing, frequent author of articles at www.lutheranscience.org
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 7:22:44 PM
At 3/8/2015 7:12:29 PM, Wtnjetro wrote:
In reality, I'm ok, but that response is boring.

So what can I say in response to that? How about "Well, just learned my ex is getting married and she told me, between the sheets he's better than I ever been. Kinda like comparing a Ford Ram to a Kia missing two wheels. Luckily, though, I went on a date with an older lady whose hearing aid was turned only halfway up and probably only head half of what I said. She also made the romantic gesture of taking her false teeth out during our date and showing me her gout spot on her knee. And, by the way, how are you today?"

How about you respond with "Do you really want to know? I'll tell you all about my life if you do."

Eventually, they'll stop asking.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 9:04:16 PM
First world problem, how will you ever cope.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%