Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Logic, Reason, Thinking, Debate...

DavidPaladin
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 11:15:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Hey Guys!

I am brand new and I am very excited to be here. I am a younger guy and I love reading and learning about complex ideas, the basics, and the controversial issues, as well. I want to create a mini class for a bunch of my friends. I have helped them understand the basics of logic ad things like that, but I want to expand. I know thee are classes for this, but I want to just make it available all in one place. Here is my idea for the class/project:

1. Logic (Logic Principles & Laws, Logical Fallacies, Assessing Worldviews... etc)
2. Epistemology (How do we know what we know? What is Truth?)
3. Critical Thinking (Critical Decision making)
4. Analysis/Research (The Competing Hypothesis method, and just the basics on how to research)
5. Debate ( A style of Debate that is not demeaning or hateful, but rather one that is rational and actually fruitful. It is called the Columbo Technique/Style. You ask questions and direct the conversation. The point of debate is to produce solutions, not yell at each other for no reason. Rule #1- Be kind, Be intelligent)

Well, There it is! What do you think? Could we all help little old me, lol. I would love it if you could please respond and tell what is missing, or what to add. Thank you. farewell and keep strong.
Never give in, Never give up, Never back down
David Paladin
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:04:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/16/2010 6:03:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
This is makes me sound very unhelpful, but it sounds fine.

NoOoOoO

What are the odds? REALLY TWO SECONDS AGO!?!?!?!?
kfc
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:05:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/16/2010 6:04:29 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:03:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
This is makes me sound very unhelpful, but it sounds fine.

NoOoOoO

What are the odds? REALLY TWO SECONDS AGO!?!?!?!?

Hahahaha, I'm just awesome like that.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:06:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/16/2010 6:05:39 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:04:29 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:03:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
This is makes me sound very unhelpful, but it sounds fine.

NoOoOoO

What are the odds? REALLY TWO SECONDS AGO!?!?!?!?

Hahahaha, I'm just awesome like that.

You really suck, can you please give me the thread back?
kfc
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:07:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/16/2010 6:06:32 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:05:39 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:04:29 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:03:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
This is makes me sound very unhelpful, but it sounds fine.

NoOoOoO

What are the odds? REALLY TWO SECONDS AGO!?!?!?!?

Hahahaha, I'm just awesome like that.

You really suck, can you please give me the thread back?

The thread belongs to OP.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:08:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/16/2010 6:07:25 PM, FREEDO wrote:

The thread belongs to OP.

Give it to the Koopin, least I claim one of thy threads one day!
kfc
cjl
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:08:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/16/2010 6:06:32 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:05:39 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:04:29 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:03:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
This is makes me sound very unhelpful, but it sounds fine.

NoOoOoO

What are the odds? REALLY TWO SECONDS AGO!?!?!?!?

Hahahaha, I'm just awesome like that.

You really suck, can you please give me the thread back?

FREEDO IS DICTATING THIS THREAD WITH A SNIPER RIFLE NOW, Koop.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:09:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/16/2010 6:08:58 PM, cjl wrote:

FREEDO IS DICTATING THIS THREAD WITH A SNIPER RIFLE NOW, Koop.

If you help me claim it, I shall give you 37% of it!
kfc
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:11:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/16/2010 6:09:42 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:08:58 PM, cjl wrote:

FREEDO IS DICTATING THIS THREAD WITH A SNIPER RIFLE NOW, Koop.

If you help me claim it, I shall give you 37% of it!

This is not a democracy. People have rights.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
cjl
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:12:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/16/2010 6:09:42 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:08:58 PM, cjl wrote:

FREEDO IS DICTATING THIS THREAD WITH A SNIPER RIFLE NOW, Koop.

If you help me claim it, I shall give you 37% of it!

Nah, when why would I oppose FREEDO, he is, like King of DDO! All hail king FREEDO! (Falling to knees, then bowing to FREEDO profile).
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:16:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/16/2010 6:12:49 PM, cjl wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:09:42 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:08:58 PM, cjl wrote:

FREEDO IS DICTATING THIS THREAD WITH A SNIPER RIFLE NOW, Koop.

If you help me claim it, I shall give you 37% of it!

Nah, when why would I oppose FREEDO, he is, like King of DDO! All hail king FREEDO! (Falling to knees, then bowing to FREEDO profile).

Naw, Only king of misc. This has been established. http://i25.tinypic.com...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
cjl
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:19:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/16/2010 6:11:26 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:09:42 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:08:58 PM, cjl wrote:

FREEDO IS DICTATING THIS THREAD WITH A SNIPER RIFLE NOW, Koop.

If you help me claim it, I shall give you 37% of it!

This is not a democracy. People have rights.

D@mn, FREEDO, you could be an amazing leader. Could have been the ruler of the earth.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:22:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/16/2010 6:19:05 PM, cjl wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:11:26 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:09:42 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:08:58 PM, cjl wrote:

FREEDO IS DICTATING THIS THREAD WITH A SNIPER RIFLE NOW, Koop.

If you help me claim it, I shall give you 37% of it!

This is not a democracy. People have rights.

D@mn, FREEDO, you could be an amazing leader. Could have been the ruler of the earth.

Be careful, being glorified is a new thing for me on here. I might just go mad with power.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:25:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/16/2010 6:16:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:12:49 PM, cjl wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:09:42 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:08:58 PM, cjl wrote:

FREEDO IS DICTATING THIS THREAD WITH A SNIPER RIFLE NOW, Koop.

If you help me claim it, I shall give you 37% of it!

Nah, when why would I oppose FREEDO, he is, like King of DDO! All hail king FREEDO! (Falling to knees, then bowing to FREEDO profile).

Naw, Only king of misc. This has been established. http://i25.tinypic.com...

And I'm the High Queen Suicide Bomber of Misc. http://i120.photobucket.com... That has been established too. :P
cjl
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:33:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/16/2010 6:22:36 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:19:05 PM, cjl wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:11:26 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:09:42 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 7/16/2010 6:08:58 PM, cjl wrote:

FREEDO IS DICTATING THIS THREAD WITH A SNIPER RIFLE NOW, Koop.

If you help me claim it, I shall give you 37% of it!

This is not a democracy. People have rights.

D@mn, FREEDO, you could be an amazing leader. Could have been the ruler of the earth.

Be careful, being glorified is a new thing for me on here. I might just go mad with power.

A man like you deserves power.
DavidPaladin
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:50:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Haha, I can see you all are enjoying yourselves. You should have just said it was an idiotic idea. I kinda figured it wouldn't work anyways. Thanks for the input :)
Never give in, Never give up, Never back down
David Paladin
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 8:11:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/17/2010 7:50:49 AM, DavidPaladin wrote:
Haha, I can see you all are enjoying yourselves. You should have just said it was an idiotic idea. I kinda figured it wouldn't work anyways. Thanks for the input :)

Why not set up a tournament here? Get them to join, then they can get critiqued by other members.
DavidPaladin
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 8:23:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Wait.. What? How would I start up a tournament? For the idea I had..?
Never give in, Never give up, Never back down
David Paladin
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 8:39:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/17/2010 8:23:55 AM, DavidPaladin wrote:
Wait.. What? How would I start up a tournament? For the idea I had..?

You want them to learn a certain skill base. Debating can improve those skills.
DavidPaladin
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 8:45:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I agree. Okay, great. What forum should I put it under, and what should I call it? Like how does all that work. And is there like a referee or just members come on and put present their ideas?
Never give in, Never give up, Never back down
David Paladin
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 8:52:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/17/2010 8:45:29 AM, DavidPaladin wrote:
I agree. Okay, great. What forum should I put it under, and what should I call it?

Debate.org, Turnament X

Like how does all that work. And is there like a referee or just members come on and put present their ideas?

Err...there's forums and there's official debates between 2 members.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DavidPaladin
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 8:58:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
haha, okay. I will do that. Sorry, I am new, lol, that is my excuse :)
Never give in, Never give up, Never back down
David Paladin
DavidPaladin
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 9:05:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Tournament Location: Miscellaneous Forums
Tournament Name: Paladin's Tournament
Tournament Type: Round Robin (could become a double round robin)
Never give in, Never give up, Never back down
David Paladin
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 9:09:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/17/2010 9:05:56 AM, DavidPaladin wrote:
Tournament Location: Miscellaneous Forums
Tournament Name: Paladin's Tournament
Tournament Type: Round Robin (could become a double round robin)

Who's partaking in it?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DavidPaladin
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 9:13:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
You want to? I need some people to join up. I am trying to get at least 4 people, hopefully 6.
Never give in, Never give up, Never back down
David Paladin