mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 3:33:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
And it only took 20 days!

Townie Winners:

wjmelements/Korashk - Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs - Cop/Vigilante/Mason Recruiter
You are Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, NCIS's best field agent. At night, you may visit any one person and investigate that person. If you find that person innocent, you automatically recruit them into your team. If you find that person guilty, you automatically shoot them. After using this role, you must wait another night without using it to be able to use it again.

badger - Special Agent Timothy McGee - Cop/Watcher

Puck - Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo - Jack of all Trades

xxdarkxx - Special Agent Ziva David - Vigilante/Tracker
"Headphone cables make for a perfect garrote, and plastic silverware is not as safe as you might think. I once killed a man using a credit card." - Ziva David
You are Special Agent Ziva David, a former Mossad officer. Every night, you can either kill somebody or track somebody, learning everything that they do that night. You win with the town. Good luck.

studentathletechristian8 - Special Agent Caitlin Todd - Bodyguard

theLwerd - Director Leon Vance - Politician

studentathletechristian8 - Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard, Medical Examiner - Doctor
"Now that you mention it, I had an uncle who drowned in a vat of alcohol." - Ducky Mallard
You are Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard, the Cheif Medical Examiner of NCIS. You are the Doctor. Each night, you choose one person to protect; that person cannot die that night. You win with the town. Good luck.

badger - Assistant Jimmy Palmer - Naive Doctor

Vi_Veri - Margaret Allison Hart - Governor

theLwerd - Susan Grady - Lie Detector

LeafRod - Forensic Scientist Abby Sciuto - Forensic Scientist

JBlake - Mike Franks - Paranoid Gun Owner

studentathletechristian8 - Director Jennifer Shepard - Lightkeeper

Third-party Winners:

Korashk - Special Agent Fornell Tobias - FBI Agent

Mafia Losers:

Nags - La Grenuille - Godfather

SportsGuru - "Mad Bomber" Mamoun Sharif - Poisoner

Ibap - Special Agent Michelle Lee - Role-blocker/Spy

alex_hanson911 - Charles "Chip" Sterling - Framer
"Evidence is fun! Fun. You know, fun! Fun, Chip... You're a tough case, Chip." - Abby Sciuto
You are Chip, Abby's lab assistant. You are the framer. Each night, you may frame one person so that they appear guilty upon formal investigation. You win with the Mafia. Good luck.

ccstate4peat - Alejandro Rivera - Politician
"Someone took a bullet for you, Gibbs. But you will take the next one!" - Alejandro Rivera
You are Alejandro Rivera, of the Mexican Justice Department, the Mafia Politician. Every night, you may force the vote of one other person for the next day. You win with the Mafia. Good luck.

BigMac - Ari Haswari - Sniper

Third-party Losers:

oceanix - Amy Bright - Serial Killer

Although, mongoose believes that badger deserves a loss instead.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 3:54:02 PM
BOOM! Three Mafia kills in a row. One for wjm and two for me.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 3:59:01 PM
At 7/16/2010 3:55:41 PM, LeafRod wrote:
who is this korashk third party guy?

My original role was FBI Agent and my win conditions were to outlast the serial killer. I did that and then replaced wjm.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 5:21:05 PM
Can i find out what my role was actually useful for now..
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:31:23 PM
At 7/16/2010 5:21:05 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
Can i find out what my role was actually useful for now..

McGee would find the person guilty upon investigation. A person being Lie Detected would have lower tolerance for lying.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:33:54 PM
And yes, badger was the naive doctor. I was thinking the town would turn on sac8, but that never happened.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 6:57:11 PM
i can't believe the mafia was destroyed so easily even though you accidentally gave them a list of all the character/role matchups :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 7:28:36 PM
We released to the Mafia a list of the characters that made up the town, so that they couldn't be caught with a counter-role-claim. The good guys are always more public than the bad guys.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 8:36:23 PM
At 7/16/2010 6:33:54 PM, mongoose wrote:
And yes, badger was the naive doctor. I was thinking the town would turn on sac8, but that never happened.

I came out with my character, and it was the head medical personnel of the show.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 8:54:00 PM
At 7/16/2010 7:28:36 PM, mongeese wrote:
We released to the Mafia a list of the characters that made up the town, so that they couldn't be caught with a counter-role-claim. The good guys are always more public than the bad guys.

I think that was a fair trade in exchange for the powerful townie roles.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 8:55:36 PM
Seriously though - I was supposed to investigate Alex (who was obviously guilty at that point), and when I died, the townies the next day decide to lynch CCstate! Wtf? Obvious is obvious lol clearly they killed me to avoid Alex's guilt being found out. I don't understand people's (lack of) common sense sometimes.
President of DDO
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 9:12:47 PM
At 7/16/2010 8:55:36 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Seriously though - I was supposed to investigate Alex (who was obviously guilty at that point), and when I died, the townies the next day decide to lynch CCstate! Wtf? Obvious is obvious lol clearly they killed me to avoid Alex's guilt being found out. I don't understand people's (lack of) common sense sometimes.

Yeah, i had no where to hide though =/
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 9:14:52 PM

It wasn't really a fail. cc was guilty and I killed alex. It's my opinion that wjm/Korashk deserves MVP.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 9:17:31 PM
At 7/16/2010 9:14:52 PM, Korashk wrote:

It wasn't really a fail. cc was guilty and I killed alex. It's my opinion that wjm/Korashk deserves MVP.

Maybe MVP for having the most over powered role..haha
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 9:24:08 PM
I'm curious. In yall's opinion, would it have been better for me to have pretended to be bulletproof as the Ubermensh was in Ragnar's game? The doctor and bodyguard would have been free to protect someone else.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 10:15:30 PM

except he was obviously mafia too
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 8:20:10 AM
There was, unfortunately, an unintended consequence to giving the mafia that list. We also gave it to the serial killer. This then meant that the mafia knew who the serial killer was and the serial killer knew who the mafia were. We told oceanix not to refer to the list at all or he would be modkilled, but he did. We had to deny that he knew anything to best recover the game.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 8:21:42 AM
At 7/17/2010 8:20:10 AM, mongoose wrote:
There was, unfortunately, an unintended consequence to giving the mafia that list. We also gave it to the serial killer. This then meant that the mafia knew who the serial killer was and the serial killer knew who the mafia were. We told oceanix not to refer to the list at all or he would be modkilled, but he did. We had to deny that he knew anything to best recover the game.

Damn. I wonder why he did that. That would have been a good idea had he not tattled lol.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 8:27:53 AM
Also, while the town seems over-powered, a few things have to be remembered: First, with a paranoid gun owner (JBlake) that could have easily hurt the town. He kills anyone who touches him, correct? So he could have killed someone trying to investigate him, I think. Second, there was a mafia AND vigilante role AND serial killer meaning multiple deaths a night. Especially with the serial killer knowing the list. It would be in the serial killer's best interest to help the mafia so that more deaths could occur at night for as long as possible. Same with mafia. It sucks oceanix did that -- coulda been a cool result. Third, the townies had to end in a No Lynch twice (big help to the mafia).

Now, admittedly wjm was TOO over-powered (as were the double-up roles... cop AND watcher? Things of that nature?) BUT so I was Ibap (see... what did I tell you lol obvious favoritism is obvious). Had they given that role to another player, it could have helped the mafia a lot. Fourth, the mafia could easily fake claim considering they had the list of used roles. So overall this game was not too much in the townies favor -- the mafia could have easily made themselves an undetectable minority!
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 8:28:25 AM
At 7/16/2010 9:53:42 PM, Nags wrote:
lol. It was just about impossible for the town to lose, as I already covered.

Nah your mafia just didn't use the tools to their advantage. Guess you guys couldn't strategize.
President of DDO
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 8:33:24 AM
I think we correctly restrained Gibbs by making his role only usable every other night. Also, it was COMPLETE random number generator. I wanted to edit it a bit (switch Zets from Doctor to Naive Doctor) but mongeese said no.

The mafia's biggest mistake was having Ibap pretend to be the politician, when from that point any tracking, or killing of the real mafia politician, would reveal him for a liar. Also, Nags believed that anybody ccstate used his power on would be somewhat confirmed, but told him not to use his role on anybody, even a fellow mafioso.

Puck forfeited his action NP2, when he should have recruited Gibbs.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 8:37:10 AM
At 7/17/2010 8:28:25 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 7/16/2010 9:53:42 PM, Nags wrote:
lol. It was just about impossible for the town to lose, as I already covered.

Nah your mafia just didn't use the tools to their advantage. Guess you guys couldn't strategize.

Go on. We had two killing roles. One of them was the regular mafia night kill. The other was a poison kill that only worked once every three nights. So please elaborate on how we couldn't strategize.