Jump to topic:

Last Airbender

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2010 7:37:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I think the Fire Nation symbolizes the US.

Any thoughts on that?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 6:46:15 PM
At 7/17/2010 6:29:34 PM, Koopin wrote:
Fail...

Fail because it got ignored, or because you don't see the same link I do?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:12:31 PM
At 7/16/2010 7:37:51 PM, lovelife wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

The fire nation is the archetype industrial = evil. Not the U.S. per se. It's a common motif in fantasy.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:14:47 PM
At 7/17/2010 7:12:31 PM, Puck wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

The fire nation is the archetype industrial = evil. Not the U.S. per se. It's a common motif in fantasy.

It does seem to be alot like the U.S though.

Maybe not intentionally but after watching the series it kind of seemed like it to me.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:18:48 PM
At 7/17/2010 6:46:15 PM, lovelife wrote:

The hip new thing to do these days is go on and on about how bad America is. Everyone wants to be that one person they see in the movies who starts "The revolt" that is somehow going to save the world. Whatever country/society you have, there is always going to be a bad side. But instead of trying to figure out ways to work things out, we bash.
You do not comprehend, even if America was exactly the way you want it there would always be those who want it differently.
You and a lot of people in this nation are being brainwashed by other countries who are simply jealous. If America were as bad as people claim, there would not be people trying to sneak in 24/7, leaving their homes, jobs, and families. Nevertheless, I do encourage you, since you believe the nation to be so 'fire nation like' to either grow up to be a politician changing America for the better, or go to a country that you would feel more at home. I hear the weather is quite nice in China, although who could say no to Cuba's fish, unless you prefer to live life on the edge in North Korea, your choice.

No offense...
kfc
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:24:08 PM
At 7/17/2010 7:18:48 PM, Koopin wrote:

The hip new thing to do these days is go on and on about how bad America is. Everyone wants to be that one person they see in the movies who starts "The revolt" that is somehow going to save the world. Whatever country/society you have, there is always going to be a bad side. But instead of trying to figure out ways to work things out, we bash.
You do not comprehend, even if America was exactly the way you want it there would always be those who want it differently.
You and a lot of people in this nation are being brainwashed by other countries who are simply jealous. If America were as bad as people claim, there would not be people trying to sneak in 24/7, leaving their homes, jobs, and families. Nevertheless, I do encourage you, since you believe the nation to be so 'fire nation like' to either grow up to be a politician changing America for the better, or go to a country that you would feel more at home. I hear the weather is quite nice in China, although who could say no to Cuba's fish, unless you prefer to live life on the edge in North Korea, your choice.

No offense...

You'd just love the story I'm currently writing then. ;) It's about an alternate reality where the US is successfully nuked by North Korea and Iran. Without the US most of the world then plunges into extreme poverty and North Korea and Iran become the new superpowers.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:29:14 PM
At 7/17/2010 7:24:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

You'd just love the story I'm currently writing then. ;) It's about an alternate reality where the US is successfully nuked by North Korea and Iran. Without the US most of the world then plunges into extreme poverty and North Korea and Iran become the new superpowers.

I am writing a comedy where Canada's health care bill actually is a good idea.
kfc
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:30:21 PM
At 7/17/2010 7:18:48 PM, Koopin wrote:

No offense...

I veiw America as the fire nation because it veiws itself as the best nation in the world and the happiest. True or not, niether should use war to spread the "happiness", and neither should force anybody into it.

I have a question Koopin, do you dislike me? If so there's a thread I made where you can write all about it. If your just making a statement about me, and how you see others, point understood. Actually I kinda like the idea of North Korea. If they really do have good food. Not so fond of fish, and I heard chinese food in China is kinda nasty. However, I was planning on moving to Canada.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:34:08 PM
At 7/17/2010 7:29:14 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 7/17/2010 7:24:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

I am writing a comedy where Canada's health care bill actually is a good idea.

Lol.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:35:46 PM
At 7/17/2010 7:30:21 PM, lovelife wrote:
I veiw America as the fire nation because it veiws itself as the best nation in the world and the happiest.

All the nations think that of themselves. >.<
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:37:07 PM
At 7/17/2010 7:35:46 PM, Puck wrote:
I veiw America as the fire nation because it veiws itself as the best nation in the world and the happiest.

http://www.facebook.com...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:38:01 PM

Good point. Most don't use war to make people "happier" though. I'm just glad Americans don't have magic fire powers though. That would scare me.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:38:17 PM
At 7/17/2010 7:37:07 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

http://www.facebook.com...

I'm talking about avatar. :P
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:39:07 PM
At 7/17/2010 7:38:01 PM, lovelife wrote:
Most don't use war to make people "happier" though.

Hence the industrial is evil theme.
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:39:29 PM

Any thoughts on that?

Nah, that is N. Korea. We are more like earth.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2010 7:54:36 PM
At 7/17/2010 7:39:29 PM, cjl wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

Nah, that is N. Korea. We are more like earth.

Really? I though maybe some lesser devolped countries were like the Earth Kingdom.

And yes industrial is the bad thing. Watch the episode "The Painted Lady" Book 2 not sure which chapter.