Jump to topic:

If DDO had a party...

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 1:22:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Would you want to go to that party? Who would you be interested in meeting?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 1:27:42 AM
At 7/18/2010 1:24:39 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 7/18/2010 1:22:55 AM, lovelife wrote:
Would you want to go to that party? Who would you be interested in meeting?

Nice job stealing my hypothetical scenario from that other thread.

Okay good point:

http://www.debate.org...

All credit goes to Cody, for this idea. I am curious about it though, so what do you think?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 1:31:15 AM
I would be more interested in meeting the regulars of the site, but it would be pretty interesting to see that some of the trolls are like in person.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 1:31:46 AM
At 7/18/2010 1:31:15 AM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
I would be more interested in meeting the regulars of the site, but it would be pretty interesting to see what some of the trolls are like in person.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 1:33:35 AM
At 7/18/2010 1:31:46 AM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
At 7/18/2010 1:31:15 AM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
I would be more interested in meeting the regulars of the site, but it would be pretty interesting to see what some of the trolls are like in person.

I have this strange feeling that DATCMOTO would be alright to have a pint with. Not sure why, I think it's the beard. I just want to run my fingers through it.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 1:35:24 AM
At 7/18/2010 1:32:51 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Nah, you don't want to meet me. I'm not that interesting.

Your the Queen everyone wants to meet the queen.

I want to see what cjl is like IRL. Also Puck, INH obviously and quite a few others
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 1:42:52 AM
At 7/18/2010 1:35:24 AM, lovelife wrote:

I want to see what cjl is like IRL. Also Puck, INH obviously and quite a few others

If I'm the queen wouldn't it be me hosting the party? O.O
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 1:44:38 AM
At 7/18/2010 1:42:52 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 7/18/2010 1:35:24 AM, lovelife wrote:

If I'm the queen wouldn't it be me hosting the party? O.O

Maybe, but maybe its rude to make the Queen host a party thats bound to lead to a fight and maybe even death
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 1:47:01 AM
At 7/18/2010 1:46:05 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
It would be interesting to meet Ragnar. I want to meet the entirety of the Texas Delegation. If I ever wanted to get really high, I might hang with L and Vi. :P

I also imagine that we'd all meet FREEDO, whether we planned on it or not.

He'd prolly wear a Boxxy mask.

We should have a part, and film the DDO movie at the party.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 1:54:07 AM
Cody and J.Kenyon seem pretty cool, I would get along with them. Korashk, Alex, and the Texas Delegation (wjm, mong's, SportsG) seem similar enough to kids I would hang out with, but less so than Cody and Kenyon.

Ragnar would be hilarious to watch, because as far as I can gather, he never gets out of the house and has no irl friends. Octosac would also be pretty awkward. Geo could be anything.

Freedo would be, maybe, less annoying in person, as mind-boggling as that sounds. Koopin would be more annoying in person. Comoncents would also be annoying.

PoeJoe seems sociable. I think I could probably have a conversation with him.

I don't know what to think of xxdark and Panda, they seem like wild cards -- I don't know whether or not I would like them. LeafRod is another wild card, though he comes off as a pretty big d-bag.

Badger would be drunk and annoying, no doubt. BigMac and ccstate would get along with each other, and are another two wild cards.

JBlake would be cool. I don't know what to think of Puck, he's kind of mysterious -- he's one of my favorite DDO posters though. Cerebral, another idk older adult like Puck.

Belle and mattrodstrom are probably weird irl. Insert is another person that would be brutally awkward, like Ragnar.

Volkov is probably a cool enough guy irl, the same goes with Freeman. Feverish and pcp and BrianEgg are idk's. Omelet seems like a cool guy. RoyLatham would be invited to the party, but I'm not sure if he would come -- though he seems like a guy cool enough, at least for his age.

Vi and theLwerd are probably pretty cool irl as well.

Phil would most likely be a cool guy.

I think I covered all active DDO users. If I didn't mention you, you probably wouldn't be invited to the party.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 1:58:56 AM
At 7/18/2010 1:54:07 AM, Nags wrote:

Who says its your party, and btw, where is INH's name? Shes the QUEEN, she has to be invited.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 2:00:31 AM
At 7/18/2010 1:58:56 AM, lovelife wrote:
Who says its your party, and btw,

No one. I just gave a brief description of my feelings on each prominent user on DDO that would most likely be invited to the party.

where is INH's name? Shes the QUEEN, she has to be invited.

I mentioned her. And no, she's not the queen of anything.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 2:00:33 AM
Oh nvm I found it, just abbreviated nvm. As long as the Queen and some interesting people show up. But still, why your party? I think Phil should decide.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 2:01:24 AM
At 7/18/2010 1:59:35 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Part of me thinks it would be a crazy cool idea to do this. Then I remind myself that this wouldn't ever happen.

It should. Just gotta find a place that users from around the world are willing to go.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 2:02:20 AM
At 7/18/2010 2:01:24 AM, lovelife wrote:
Part of me thinks it would be a crazy cool idea to do this. Then I remind myself that this wouldn't ever happen.

It should. Just gotta find a place that users from around the world are willing to go.

Let's go to Iran. ;) lol jk.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 2:03:19 AM
At 7/18/2010 2:02:20 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 7/18/2010 2:01:24 AM, lovelife wrote:

Let's go to Iran. ;) lol jk.

Mexico! Thats where the best parties are
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 2:04:05 AM

I'm trying to think of how it would work out. Would we rent a function hall in NYC or DC out? That seems to be the most logical place. Summer time seems to be the best time to do this, as most of us our high school and college kids. I wouldn't mind driving a good amount of honors to meet all of DDO, that would be amazing. A good six or seven hour party at a function hall would be enough time to fulfill this far-fetched fantasy.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 2:09:00 AM
Is my 22nd post showing up? Because it says the last post is lovelife's. And it says there is only 21 total posts. But it also says Showing Posts:21-22.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 2:11:34 AM
At 7/18/2010 2:09:00 AM, Nags wrote:
Is my 22nd post showing up? Because it says the last post is lovelife's. And it says there is only 21 total posts. But it also says Showing Posts:21-22.

It showed up I think. The one about driving and wanting to meet everyone?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 2:11:59 AM
At 7/18/2010 2:09:00 AM, Nags wrote:

Yeah it's there.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 2:49:09 AM
Someone would have to pay for me to fly over OR you'd all have to fly over here. I'm always reluctant to meet people from the internet. When I was 15 a friend and I met some girls we were chatting to on mIRC... God damn it. FAIL!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 2:50:17 AM
At 7/18/2010 2:04:05 AM, Nags wrote:

I'm trying to think of how it would work out. Would we rent a function hall in NYC or DC out? That seems to be the most logical place. Summer time seems to be the best time to do this, as most of us our high school and college kids. I wouldn't mind driving a good amount of honors to meet all of DDO, that would be amazing. A good six or seven hour party at a function hall would be enough time to fulfill this far-fetched fantasy.

Never in a million years would i have expected this post.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 3:23:24 AM
Personally, I'd like to meet everybody - perhaps most so those I usually disagree with: Ragnar, Roy L, Godsands and DATC.

For me, the female interest for the party would come from theLwerd and Vi, of course - and the fact that they are both unobtainable would make the evening all the more exciting.

I bet Badger and I would get on well, and compete with each other to see who could lower the tone of the event more...

However, if we held the meeting in a venue in the US many of the members - including you lovelife - would have to sit in the children's area because the minimum drinking age is 21!

I would agree that Mexico would make a fine destination - and the weather in resorts like Cancun is nice even in the wintertime.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 4:17:23 AM
if there's alcohol at this party, you'd see me for one hour. After that, I could be anywhere. As for being a wild card,I'm usually quiet at party for an hour or so, they get into the swing of things.

Also, depends where this party is.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.