Jump to topic:

Cluedo!

Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 11:21:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm interested in running a forum game of Cluedo (Clue in America) - a game of deduction.

For those who do not know:

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Obviously the rules will need to change a bit to accommodate the format (which I think can be done easily enough).

Rules (in progress).

1. Every player is both a detective and a suspect. The murderer, location and weapon will be chosen at random.

Everyone will receive 3 clues at random e.g. you may get three rooms, you may get a room a weapon and a suspect.

2. When the game starts you will be at a room location. On your turn you may either move to an adjoining room (there will be a map) - or you may forfeit your turn (including any suspicion/accusation claim) to be considered on the move. Moving to an adjacent (to the left or right) room does not invalidate any suspicion/accusation opportunity.

On the move - while you forfeit any detective claim your next turn you may place yourself in any room. A player on the move who is part of a suspicion claim will revert to being back on the move afterwards.

(on the move is close to the games usual dice rolling for movement between rooms, and should speed up the game).

You must be in the room that is part of your suspicion/accusation.

Turns will proceed down a player list (also random).

3. Each time your turn comes around you may move (see above) or present a:

Suspicion: The mainstay of the game. You may make as many suspicion claims as you like in a game, though only one per turn.

You pick a player, a location (you have to be there) and a weapon. The player who is called out as part of a suspicion is then moved to that room (strategise that component however you like :P).

The person whose turn it is next then proceeds to detect using the clues they were randomly given at the start of the game. If they have a clue that is part of that claim, then the person who made the claim will receive that clue. For example, say the next person holds the weapon that the suspicion claim is a part of, that weapon is the clue told to the player who made the suspicion.

The person who made the suspicion claim will be told in pm by me what that clue is. The other players are simply told X person gave a clue.

If a player holds two or more clues, priority goes to a clue already shown to someone. I will choose at random otherwise unless told by the holder in pm beforehand how they want to show clues.

Should the next player have no clues, I move down the list till some one does. If no one has a clue in their list that will be announced.

Accusation:

You can only make one accusation a game. Same rules follow for a suspicion claim i.e. you have to be in the room of your accusation. The accused will join them there. A player who makes an incorrect accusation will simply be told they were incorrect and are out of the game. If they are correct they win the game.

Making an accusation that is correct is the only way to win the game.

To be clear. The only pm component will be between myself and other players for the revealing of clues/initial setup. Players cannot pm each other and doing so will result in a mod kill.

====
Game will be traditional setup atm unless those signing up wish to nominate a theme and it's generally agreed upon as ok.

There will be 6 players this game (it's a trial game so no more players). Any rules wtf moments let me know and I'll clarify/change as we work it out.

24hrs is the time limit for each persons move, after that you will be automatically judged to be on the move.

Miss 2 moves and you will likely be replaced if there are backups.

Each action title you make must be in bold.

1. Move to <room>
2. On the move.
3. Suspicion:
4. Accusation:

====

====
Quick note. Don't write/locate/use a simple computer program for working this game out. While I obviously can't moderate that component, consider it cheating and may your cheating soul eat away at you for all time. Also a pox on your computer too if you do. :P
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 11:33:40 PM
At 7/18/2010 11:31:22 PM, belle wrote:
i will play if i can be miss scarlett :P

1. Insert
2. belle (Miss Scarlett)

Miss Scarlett
Colonel Mustard
Mrs. White
Reverend Green piece)
Mrs. Peacock
Professor Plum
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 11:34:44 PM
1. Insert
2. belle (Miss Scarlett)

Miss Scarlett
Colonel Mustard
Mrs. White
Reverend Green
Mrs. Peacock
Professor Plum
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2010 11:35:37 PM
1. Insert (Colonel Mustard)
2. belle (Miss Scarlett)

Miss Scarlett
Colonel Mustard
Mrs. White
Reverend Green
Mrs. Peacock
Professor Plum
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 1:18:12 AM
2. belle (Miss Scarlett)
3.xxdarkxx (Reverend Green)
4. Badger (Mrs White)
5. Alex (any)
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 1:21:26 AM
2. belle (Miss Scarlett)
4. Badger (Mrs White)
5. Alex (Mrs Peacock)
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 1:23:43 AM
At 7/19/2010 1:22:42 AM, Puck wrote:
At 7/19/2010 1:19:32 AM, badger wrote:
can i not be mr white?

Nope. You are a gender confused cook.

it's cosa where i store the sausages.
signature
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 3:45:52 AM
2. belle (Miss Scarlett)
4. Badger (Mrs White)
5. Alex (Mrs Peacock)
6. tvellalott (Prof. Plum)
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...