Jump to topic:

DDO game thread 5.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 8:52:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
yall see a kobold holding a glass globe. It throws it immediately and darkness from the globe envelopes you, teleporting you all to a place walled off like the arena but otherwize much like the dream-space last night. It has a little winged brown gargoyle-like thing next to it that Cerebral recognizes as its familiar. On a whim, Kahvan's hawk followed him here.

It rolls 11 initiative, and its familiar will act right after it.

So:
K: 11 initiative
M: 24 initiative
E: 15 initiative (wolf acts right after her)
P: 14 ini
O: 14 ini
C: 9 ini
A: 20 ini.

Matt's turn.

Lemme see if I gather the buffs cast pre arena entry correctly: Cerebral cast flame arrow on 50 of Edwina's arrows (she didn't quite afford to enchant her bow, and when she does thanks to that spell it'll probably be shock to stack, or maybe a +, depending how much she's hitting :P), Korashk cast enlarge person, Edwina cast magic fang on the wolf...?

http://pastehtml.com...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 9:10:55 AM
The gem curses quietly when the globe smashes btw.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 9:11:00 AM
You forgot to make me big.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 9:13:24 AM
At 7/19/2010 9:11:00 AM, Korashk wrote:
You forgot to make me big.

F***, that's right, also forgot to mention to yall that I've been handling large creatures all wrong, and will fix :P

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 9:46:35 AM
moves to 23-Q drawing a smokestick on the way popping it off it when I get there.

(also... I have a Mstwk Javelin equipped and 4 more at hands reach right??)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 9:50:42 AM
righto kahvan's turn
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 3:01:03 AM
Twiddles thumbs while thinking about how awesome it's going to be once he gets a greatsword.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 10:53:45 AM
Kahvan magic missiles the enemy for 9 damage.

Edwina fires off three fiery leaf arrows with Rapid Shot. The first two hit for 25 damage ( 7 and 4 on the d10s, two each of the modifier from it being a +1 bow with +2 strength, and 2 each of the 1d6s from Cerebral's flaming arrows spell.

Facepalm, I really shouldn't have focused so much on building the kobold wizard's offense, it collapses, bleeding and unconscious (7 and 4 on the d10s, two +3 modifier. *sniggers*

Any repositioning? A blue portals starting to open in the air in the middle of this place you've been teleported to.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 10:57:16 AM
herm, screw repositioning, the familiar's still alive.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 11:00:37 AM
the wolf moves forward a ways and readies against approach, the blue portal is still waiting for familiar to die apparently, Puck's turn.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 11:01:05 AM
Blue portal is the large B object btw.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 3:16:16 PM
Enter Mannoroth the pit lord and Spoony the bard/wizard. The bard/wizard Suggests that Slagle heroically charge the pit lord. Slagle stabs his sword through the heart of Mannoroth right as Mannoroth bites Slagles' head off for 300d6.

The bard/wizard teleports the corpses away, there only being so much room in this show.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 3:17:57 PM
At 7/20/2010 3:12:59 PM, Puck wrote:
Swap out longspear, move to the right of wolf, set against charge.

You still have 30 foot move limit right?

Charge set, you're in the column to the right of the wolf, but the wolf is a lot farther forward, being, you know, speedy :P
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 3:18:13 PM
Korashk's turn.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 3:33:23 PM
Cast Bull's Strength on myself and move near Puck.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 3:37:54 PM
Dun. The familiar moves forward and grows to medium size.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 3:38:23 PM
Cerebral's turn
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 1:38:33 AM
I'll magic missile the familiar.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 7:06:44 AM
14 damage knocks it to the ground, dying.

Three things pop out of the portal. Edwina yells with a Planar Knowledge check that the first is a Babau.

1 has 9 ini.

2 has 15 ini
3 has 17 ini.

ugh, the two on the right on that map should be a 1.

Matt's turn.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 7:34:01 AM
I'm presuming with all that yeucky slime ya want arrows and magic on the Babau, not javelins and melee :P
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 7:37:19 AM
At 7/21/2010 7:34:01 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I'm presuming with all that yeucky slime ya want arrows and magic on the Babau, not javelins and melee :P

Yeahhhhhh. Don't suppose there's any way Kahvan can communicate to it? :P
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 7:48:47 AM
Kahvan? I don't believe so.

Cerebral speaks Abyssal.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 8:45:10 AM
The halfling launches a M. Javelin at the midsection of the monstrosity before him (#3)... and, carrying his smokestick with him, flees to 24-U
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 9:06:15 AM
It's a miss. That whole smoke thing is kind of a mixed bag :P
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 9:07:44 AM
Kahvan's turn
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 9:23:33 AM
Kahvan acid arrows babua. Does 6 damage for now.