The Last Airbender Mafia DP1

Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 7:06:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Rules:

1. All votes must be in bold to be counted. You have three options: Vote [name], Unvote, or No Lynch. Vote [name] is a vote to lynch said player. Unvote removes an active vote [name] or No Lynch vote. No Lynch is a vote to end the day without lynching.

2. A greater than 50% unanimity must be reached during a day phase in order to carry out a lynch or no lynch. The day phase officially ends when I or mongeese declare it as such. We will declare the end of a day phase as soon as we are online and able to confirm a majority vote. Once the day officially ends, no more (strategic) discussion. It'd be best to refrain from most discussion in general. If a player receives all of the votes required, it will not matter if any more votes are cast or taken back.

3. Players must not discuss the game outside of the day phase threads and private PMs we have started. That includes Facebook, the dinner table or anywhere else. We will be included in all PMs between privileged parties. If you, as a player, are invited to a PM under the pretense that it is "official," confirm that we are on the list of recipients. If not, report those players immediately. The penalty for violating this rule is immediate mod killing.

4. Dead players are not permitted to participate in the day phase threads, though they are allowed to participate in any official PM's. We will let uninformative comments slide such as, "Avenge me, townies!" However, if you reveal information that gives a demonstrable edge to either side, we will punish the party to which you were affiliated. For instance, if you were mafia, were killed, and said something too revealing from your grave, then the mafia will lose their next night phase. The same goes for townies.

5. You ARE allowed to copy PM's word for word but not allowed to take a picture of it and post it. But beware I may have made mistakes in the role descriptions.

6. Be courteous to your fellow players. This game loses fun if you are inconsiderate to others, whether by direct abuse or simply by not showing up. This game is most fun when players, well, play. If you have to be gone for a day or two, let your fellow players know. We reserve the right to replace any player who isn't active.

7. You may communicate with us directly via the PMs with any questions, comments or concerns. You are also responsible for submitting your night actions to us in a timely manner. Additionally, if any questions are directed to the moderators in the day phase thread, you may ask me there publicly as well as via PM (to ensure that I respond to it quickly in the thread for everyone).

8. You can reveal your role and your character.

9. The stories may or may not help. It depends on how we feel, but they will all be true.

10. Time limit's will be flexible, and changeable, a standard 3 day-day phase limit and 2 day night phase limit will start.

11. The townies win when all anti-townies are eliminated. The any given anti-townies win when it is mathematically impossible for them to lose.

Thank you Mongoose/Mongeese for your rules.

Active Players:

1. wjmelements
2. Puck
3. Deadleaves
4. JBlake
5.SportsGuru
6. Panda
7. sac8
8. Korashk
9. Lwerd
10. leafrod
11. xxdarkxx
12. Mongeese
13. Mongoose
14. belle
15. tvellalott
16. Vi
17. BQP
18. oceanix
19. badger

Notice:

tvellalott and belle DO NOT know their roles yet because of not being my friends, when they come online they will be given their roles.

good luck, go.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 7:29:37 PM
At 7/20/2010 7:26:56 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/20/2010 7:23:39 PM, wjmelements wrote:
First poster is usually mafia.

And you're number one on the list.

I'll pass. Who's next?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 7:30:18 PM

Fail. Person before you was the mod.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 7:32:15 PM
I say we interrogate n00bs, as they are liabilities mafia or town.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 7:32:50 PM
On that note, lynch badger.

Badger, whatever you do, don't claim a role that isn't yours. Ever.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 7:36:39 PM
At 7/20/2010 7:30:18 PM, mongoose wrote:

Fail. Person before you was the mod.

This is the third time I've done this, and you still don't think I'm doing it intentionally.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 7:38:16 PM
At 7/20/2010 7:36:54 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I'll wait to vote.

Is two people too much? We need 10 people to lynch, right? I don't think seven mafioso are suddenly going to vote-bomb.

I know that isn't the correct use of the term, but I'm using it anyway.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 7:41:58 PM
how do you guys expect n00bs to get any better if you just attack them straight off the bat every game? they need time to get a feel for things and figure out how things work. if they get lynched DP1 every game b/c they're no0bs and seem suspicious (which no0bs usually do) thats not gonna happen and they'll STAY no0bs.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 7:45:47 PM
At 7/20/2010 7:41:58 PM, belle wrote:
how do you guys expect n00bs to get any better if you just attack them straight off the bat every game? they need time to get a feel for things and figure out how things work. if they get lynched DP1 every game b/c they're no0bs and seem suspicious (which no0bs usually do) thats not gonna happen and they'll STAY no0bs.

In hopes that they actually learn to give their actual role instead of one that isn't theirs. It's more of a learning experience. If we don't ever do anything to them, we never learn anything about them, and they never experience anything. They just do nothing and STAY n00bs. This gives them a larger incentive to not seem suspicious.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 7:51:12 PM
At 7/20/2010 7:45:47 PM, mongoose wrote:
In hopes that they actually learn to give their actual role instead of one that isn't theirs. It's more of a learning experience. If we don't ever do anything to them, we never learn anything about them, and they never experience anything. They just do nothing and STAY n00bs. This gives them a larger incentive to not seem suspicious.

granted badger screwed up BIG TIME last game, but you don't have to experience something to learn for it. people learn by observation quite well. if someone gets lynched early on, however, they are unlikely to continue to follow the game and thus encounter fewer learning opportunities. we are also more likely to mislynch them because of badger like antics. have you noticed no0bs always overvalue their roles? it makes them seem suspicious as hell even when they are innocent. wasted lynch. it makes more sense to let them just lurk until they get a sense of perspective.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 7:57:06 PM
At 7/20/2010 7:51:12 PM, belle wrote:
granted badger screwed up BIG TIME last game, but you don't have to experience something to learn for it. people learn by observation quite well. if someone gets lynched early on, however, they are unlikely to continue to follow the game and thus encounter fewer learning opportunities. we are also more likely to mislynch them because of badger like antics. have you noticed no0bs always overvalue their roles? it makes them seem suspicious as hell even when they are innocent. wasted lynch. it makes more sense to let them just lurk until they get a sense of perspective.

Something just tells me that badger hasn't learned much from any observation. He doesn't seem to be the type to. We just have to be really, really clear on what he needs to tell us, if anything. I think we should first ask for a character claim.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 7:58:23 PM
At 7/20/2010 7:57:06 PM, mongoose wrote:
Something just tells me that badger hasn't learned much from any observation. He doesn't seem to be the type to. We just have to be really, really clear on what he needs to tell us, if anything. I think we should first ask for a character claim.

haha. thats fair. hopefully he's sober this time :P
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 8:02:49 PM
http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com...

I now perform the great ritual of summoning the badger
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 8:08:47 PM
WJM, what are your thoughts?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 8:12:03 PM
At 7/20/2010 8:08:47 PM, mongoose wrote:

We should wait for badger...?
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 8:12:58 PM
At 7/20/2010 8:12:03 PM, wjmelements wrote:

And why are you holding off your vote at TWO? If you agree with waiting for badger, shouldn't you be trying to increase the vote count?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 8:21:44 PM
At 7/20/2010 8:12:58 PM, mongoose wrote:

And why are you holding off your vote at TWO? If you agree with waiting for badger, shouldn't you be trying to increase the vote count?

vote to lynch badger, but I don't see the difference it makes.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 8:23:46 PM
At 7/20/2010 8:21:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Pressure. He's not gonna reveal without pressure (he proved this in the NCIS game).
President of DDO
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 8:25:19 PM
At 7/20/2010 8:21:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 7/20/2010 8:12:58 PM, mongoose wrote:

Sometimes people, especially n00bs, say that they're waiting for a higher number of inevitable votes before they do anything. It saves time.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2010 8:27:51 PM
At 7/20/2010 8:27:07 PM, oceanix wrote:
VTL BADGER for pressure.

On a side note, is it 10 or 11 needed for a lynch, alex?

19 means 10.