Jump to topic:

DDO: Game Over -- Season 2, Episode 2

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 10:49:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Level XVII: Midnight on the Mountain // Part II.

"The woman... She didn't kill you... Can you tell us why?"

----
--------
OUTSIDE THE CITY OF RAVEN'S ROOST
--------
----

Warem stumbled behind a bush on a tall hill overlooking the ocean.
"Hm. I guess that's the city." Warem spoke to himself. He observed the city from where he sat, and noted what he saw.

The city laid on top a cliff that hung over the ocean. The cliff didn't go straight down, it curved inwards. In fact, it seemed to lead into a cavern underneath the cities castle. He could see ships docked under the cliff.
The walls were wooden, but they were also thick. One could lay five men flat across the walls. At most, one could lay two, maybe three, man across of the walls of Midnight. But Midnight's walls were stone. Thick or not, Raven's Roost's walls were simply not as tall or intimidating.
Midnight had almost 500 players, this city had, perhaps, 150. The buildings were wooden and there weren't any roads. Clearly, the city was new, and easily in need of future supplies... Supplies that Midnight had.
"Hm." Warem got up.

"You wanting the see the city up close?" Daytona appeared in behind him.
Warem assumed he'd get caught... It was mostly his plan, but he hadn't expected Daytona to actually surprise him.
"Don't worry. I'm sure you'll go peacefully." Daytona already had his sword drawn. "I'm very sure."

----
--------
MOUNTAIN
--------
----

"Vicksan." Bsh had been helping Vicksan build the town up. They had deforested much of the area, but the trees around them stood so messy and tall that they barely noticed.
The town of Kroengard had enough homes for forty people, and a castle Vicksan worked on a little bit after each home he built.
"What is it Bsh?" Vicksan was observing the design of the town. It wasn't like the first city, where each home was it's own building. To build faster, they built single buildings per block, each holding four separate homes.
"It's Whiteflame... I don't know if we should trust him." Bsh was right beside him.
"Why's that? Because he came out of nowhere and told us to build a city?"
"No... Yes. But no." Bsh looked around to see if Whiteflame was near. "He's a Warcaster... The kind of experience that takes... And at only level 75?"
"Maybe he's just really good." Vicksan sat and listened
"No. Level 75... The odds are nearly impossible... In fact I think it might actually be impossible. Keeping the right ratio of experience is one thing, but the amount of experience it takes? So I decided to do some spying."
"Bsh." Vicksan spoke, "I will not have people spreading gossip and spying on each other."
Bsh sighed and sat down.
"Okay, I lied. Tell me what you found." Vicksan got ready to listen.
Bsh smiled a short chuckle. "I used Spell Check... He's using Hide, an illusion spell that hides his real stats and identity."
Vicksan was far more interested now.
Bsh continued, "I could see he wasn't hiding his name or class... But his level. That's what he's hiding. And his spells."
"Any clue as to what his level and spell inventory is like?" Vicksan was curious.
"No. I know my Spell Check can see through spells a certain level higher than me, but I'm not sure how high. I know it's at least twenty levels... But his fake level is still higher than that. So I don't know. But it's apparently worth hiding." Bsh got back up. "That's the question... He's not hiding his identity... Only his level. Why would anyone do that?"
Vicksan looked around at the buildings. He was curious about the city and why Whiteflame wanted them to build it.

"The city looks great." Whiteflame appeared from the forest. He was smiling at them, but not in a happy sense... He smiled as though he knew something.
"White." Vicksan got up. "Where are you getting all of these supplies from? There's no way you could be mining and gathering all this so fast."
"I save things. It's..." Whiteflame reflected on the answer. "... A thing of mine."
Whiteflame gave him enough supplies to double the size of the city. Vicksan wasn't strong enough to hold it all, so they laid everything in the center of the town.
"Now all we need are people. Last time I did this, we had people already." Vicksan got back to building.

Whiteflame sat back against one of the homes and watched. He twirled a ring between his fingers... It's name was hidden.
"Mind me asking who you are?" Bsh watched him twirl the ring.
"Who do you need me to be?" Whiteflame asked in return.
Bsh wasn't sure what he meant.
Whiteflame got up and moved for the Tallwood tree before stopping. "Or." He turned to Bsh, "Who do you need to be?"
"For who? For you or for Vicksan?" Bsh watched.
"That's the last question, isn't it?" Whiteflame turned and continued for the tree.
Bsh didn't understand his questions. Were they rhetorical? Or was there meant to be an answer...

----
--------
MIDNIGHT
--------
----

"You aren't much of a crew. Are you?" Sokol swung his sword around and stared at the men in front of him.
"It's not much, I understand... But it's something." Adam looked at the selection of men. Only about 20.
"It'll do. Between me and Warem, this town's got all it needs. You guys... You're the back up." Sokol looked around.
"And us?" TN05 stepped up. "We aren't back up." He referred to the original town guard.
Sokol looked at him. "Perhaps not." He looked at everyone else, "But no one else gets that excuse. You have to MAKE yourselves guardsman. Until then, you are back up."
"Aren't you taking this game a bit serious?" Beginner stepped up.
"A game, huh? You think this is still just a game?" Sokol walked up to him. "Than use the most basic of all game mechanics... Log out."
Another recruit laughed. Ragnar... "Wouldn't even if I could. Far too interesting."
"That's the spirit." Sokol looked at the rest of the recruits with disappointment. "I promised to train five of you. No more. For now, assuming."

"Sokol. The..." Bookworm walked up behind him... "Um... The Queen..."
"Of course she'd interrupt me!" Sokol screamed. "What is it this time!" He begin for the castle.
"What was that?" Beginner looked at Bookworm.
"The... uh... Queen wanted to speak with him." Bookworm hated being the one to tell him. He was terrifying when angry.

----
CASTLE
----

Emberly walked around in circles. She looked between the table and the throne, debating which to sit in while she waited, but she didn't have to wait long.
"What is it?" Sokol walked into the hall. The doors where open.
"Sokol." Emberly looked at him.
He sat down and sighed with clear discontent. "I was busy." Sokol stared at her. "You know. Doing you a favor like you asked me to."
"Sokol." Emberly repeated. "Warem sent me a PM minutes ago."
Sokol continued to stare.
"He was investigating Raven's Roost." Emberly appeared scared.
Sokol sat up. "And?" He noticed her fear.
"He said where they were, and that they had him imprisoned."
"They didn't mute him?" Sokol was curious.
"I guess not... But he's trapped there... I don't know what to do. Normally he gives me advice..." Emberly was frightened.
Sokol thought about it for a while. "I see. You sent YYW and Rev, right? They're strong, no worries."
"But... They didn't mute him." Emberly had already thought about that.
Sokol realized what she was concerned about. "YYW is going into a trap... So is Paris..."
"I realized they were in your party... That's why I got you... Warem, YYW, and Rev are each in trouble..." Emberly was worried that Sokol would be mad at her for sending YYW and Rev out there...

Sokol got up. He looked around and thought about what to do.
"The five men you're training... You can take them if you decide to rescue Warem." Emberly hoped he would.
Sokol looked at her, then to the door. He returned his sight to her and replied "Only five men?"
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 10:51:22 PM
----
--------
RAVEN'S ROOST
--------
----

Warem observed the iron bars. They were built into stone blocks. The whole cell was of the same stone blocks, but the hall was made of wood.
"Bit boring in here." Warem called out to Seventh, who was watching the cells.
"You're telling me? I'm a prison guard right now... For a prison of one." Seventh was trying to sleep.
"I see." Warem couldn't send messages anymore. The cells were cursed. He sat down and waited for Daytona to arrive.

----
OUTSIDE RAVEN'S ROOST
----

"So here we are." YYW saw the city from the hill.
"The /w function lead you to there?" Rev looked at the city. "As in inside the city?"
"Yea... Emberly sent a PM telling me that it'd be a trap."
"Sounds fun enough. Any plans on getting in?" Rev sat down.
"Ya... I have one idea..." YYW looked at Rev. He looked back curiously. "See, we'll get captured, and that'll get us into the city."
"What?" Rev was obviously concerned.
"Don't worry. There is a plan to it." YYW got up, and snuck around the trees. Him and Rev moved from tree to tree, nearing the city.

After a bit of sneaking, they were by the wall of the city.
"Where's the trap?" YYW looked around a bit. "Hmmm..." YYW placed a spell on the wall.
"What's that?" Rev looked.
"A new idea. Just go with it. Come now." YYW finished, and went around the wall.

After a few steps out of the forest, seals appeared around YYW and Rev's feet.
"What's this? The trap?" Rev looked around.
"I suppose that's what it is." Daytona had appeared from behind the two and looked at them both. "I was curious why they might have sent only two men, but now I know." He observed YYW's class. "A Battle Mage could do a lot of damage."
Daytona clicked an item in his inventory.
YYW looked at his hands and saw a ring appear. His mana disappeared in an instance.
"Usually, I prefer a date before you put a ring on me, but sure. So they sent only one of you?" YYW looked over at Rev, "It'll be okay." He smiled.
"Ya... Just talk smack and act tough... Works out every time." Rev laughed.
"Exactly." YYW laughed as well.
"Come on now. I need not help you two out here. You know the drill." Daytona clapped his hands, and twelve soldiers appeared. "Oh, and I wasn't alone."

----
--------
MOUNTAIN
--------
----

Mekaiel looked around the trees. He remembered them. They had circles curved into them from his party. The carvings led to their camp.
He followed them deep into the mountains, finding the bridge he remembered so well. Over the bridge and to the left of the oak tree.
He turned past the tree, and found the old firewood and tents. The campfire was dead, without a scent of smoke. The camp was empty... It was sad to realize his crew was gone elsewhere. Even on adventures, they'd return in time to see the smoke in the fire pit, but even that was gone now.
"I see. I guess it's for the best." Mekaiel remembered what Maragon said to him.

"Kinda boring... I saw a camp, but no one to kill..." A voice called out.
Mekaiel looked up into the trees. On a branch sat a young girl. She had red hair that flew about freely around her face. Her eyes were bluish, and unfocused, and yet seemed to follow him perfectly.
"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" Mekaiel called back.
"What am I doing here? Silly boy, I just told you. I came hoping to kill someone, but you all keep hiding in your cities..."
"I'm not a kid, now who are you?" Mekaiel repeated.
"I'm a little teapot." She jumped down in front of him. "Short and stout." She winked at him. She had a staff in her hand.
She reminded him of Sasima. He observed her stats... Her level was hidden, but her class was Mage.
"So... Your name is... Minx?" Mekaiel got out his sword.
"Yessy. And your name's Micky." She smiled.
"Obviously not." He got his sword ready.
"Don't like your nickname? I made it up just now because I thought you'd like it." She looked genuinely sad, her head tilted at him, her eyes filled with heartbreak, but it was a joke, and he could see straight through it. She smiled at him when she realized he wasn't falling for it.
"And why would you care if I like it?" Mekaiel walked around, circling her.
"Well... So you're be happy before you die." Her smile was broad and overwhelming.
"How can I be happy before I die?" Mekaiel got prepared. "When I've already died." He swung his sword over and onto Minx's shoulder.

"That's adorable." Minx was behind him.
"How'd..." Mekaiel turned and threw his sword into position. "I saw my sword hit you."
"Like this." Minx was behind him again, but also in front of him still.
"A clone." Mekaiel looked back at her. "And I assume you're the real one." He said to the one behind him.
He swung his sword around, but kept going until his sword came back in front of him, jabbing into the arm of the first clone.
She looked down at the sword. The clone who was behind him vanished. "I see that didn't work..." Minx looked back up at him.
"You wouldn't have used your real self to get my attention."
"You're adorable... Being all smart and stuff..." Minx looked around at the camp.
Mekaiel removed his sword. "That should have a hurt you far worse than it did."
"So who's Sasima?" Minx begin walking around. She wasn't concerned with his statement.
"What?" Mekaiel wasn't sure how Minx knew about Sasima.
"It's a girl. I find her notes around the place here.... She usually wrote silly things, but she seemed fond of writing about you." She looked at Mekaiel.
"She's not important..." Mekaiel begin before Minx interrupted him.
"So then she is important. Your lover?"
"Hardly. What are you after." Mekaiel got his sword ready again.
Minx looked at him, and found his efforts against her to be absolutely adorable. "Something fun."
"Who are you...?" She reminded him of Sasima, but Sasima just wanted to play... Minx was out to hurt people...
"You know the girl your mother tells you to stay way from?" Minx's grin got wider and her eyes grew larger as the wind picked up. "Well I'm the girl that murders her." She laughed as the wind grew too strong for Mekaiel. He held his hand out to shield himself, and when the wind died down, he looked back up to see that Minx was gone, but her laugh seem to stay...

"Sasima..." Mekaiel knew Maragon said to stay away from her, but he knew Minx was going after her. He would stop her at all costs.

----
--------
KROENGARD
--------
----

"Bsh." Vicksan walked up to him. Bsh had called him.
"What is it Vicksan?" Bsh was waiting for him to show up.
"What do you mean? You called me..." Vicksan was confused.
"I know. I called you to see what you wanted." Bsh didn't look at him.
"Bsh. What's going on..?"
"I don't know. You tell me, Anthony." Bsh still didn't look at him.
"What..." Vicksan stepped back. He didn't understand how Bsh knew his name.
He heard a loud crackling noise. He turned around to see the city of Kroengard on fire.
He turned back and saw his mother in front of him. "Mom..?"
"Don't call me that." She spoke. "I'm not your mother..."
"Mom... I'm sorry..." Vicksan backed away. He looked down and realized he wasn't Vicksan anymore. He was just Anthony now.
"Don't apologize to me." She replied. The fire was all around them now, "I'm not the one who's dead."

----

"Vicksan!" Bsh shook Vicksan awake.
He lifted from his sleep screaming, "I'm sorry!"
"Vicksan. It's been ten days since you killed the King Goblin... All ten days, you've had nightmares, and all ten times, you wake up screaming sorry... Someday you'll have to talk about it." Bsh knew Vicksan wouldn't explain anything to him. "Some people are here to join Kroengard... Whiteflame found them." Bsh got up and left.
Vicksan got up, too, but sat back down and shook his head a bit.

"He's right. Someday you're going to have to talk." A familiar voice appeared.
"Airmax." Vicksan knew who it was.
"Until then... We need to talk..."

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 10:56:00 PM
Last Episode: Midnight on the Mountain // Part I ==> http://www.debate.org...

Last Episode: Midnight on the Mountain // Part II ==> TBA

----
For the Audience:
----

1 - What do you expect from Minx?

2 - What are your theories on Vicksan's past and mother?

What would you like to see in the next 5 episodes?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:06:24 PM
At 3/24/2015 10:56:00 PM, donald.keller wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Paraminx ftw

He probably killed her or something. That's the best theory I can come up with right now, lol.

More of meh
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:12:14 PM
At 3/24/2015 11:06:24 PM, RevNge wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Paraminx ftw

lol...
Wait... Did you just come up with that randomly?

He probably killed her or something. That's the best theory I can come up with right now, lol.

Lol I do enjoy people's theories.

More of meh

Lol there will be.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:17:33 PM
At 3/24/2015 11:12:14 PM, donald.keller wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Paraminx ftw

lol...

First thing on my mind as soon as I saw "Minx" m8

O rlly

More of meh

Lol there will be.

Good m8
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:26:13 PM
At 3/24/2015 11:17:33 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/24/2015 11:12:14 PM, donald.keller wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Paraminx ftw

lol...

First thing on my mind as soon as I saw "Minx" m8

Lol wow.... That's her full username.

So aside from her name...

O rlly

lol

More of meh

Lol there will be.

Good m8

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 7:30:34 AM

This episode was way more enjoyable than the last. You're strutcuring has improved substantially.

----
For the Audience:
----

At first I felt she was too similar to Sasima. And then gradually she became more insane and creepy. You have a knack for that.

Maybe his mother got arrested and Viskan was responsible.
More of this. Whatever you did in this episode, I'd like to see more of it in the next. Really good!
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 9:55:28 AM
At 3/25/2015 7:30:34 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

This episode was way more enjoyable than the last. You're strutcuring has improved substantially.

Trying not to run through everyone's storyline all at once... Or they'll all end too fast xD

----
For the Audience:
----

At first I felt she was too similar to Sasima. And then gradually she became more insane and creepy. You have a knack for that.

Lol Sasima was actually based off a nicer version of Minx. Minx is far more important than Sasima though. You notice she's the girl from around the beginning of the last episode?

More of this. Whatever you did in this episode, I'd like to see more of it in the next. Really good!

What'did I do this episode D: I don't know! *cries*

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 10:09:14 AM
At 3/25/2015 9:55:28 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 3/25/2015 7:30:34 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Trying not to run through everyone's storyline all at once... Or they'll all end too fast xD

----
For the Audience:
----

Lol Sasima was actually based off a nicer version of Minx. Minx is far more important than Sasima though. You notice she's the girl from around the beginning of the last episode?
Oh I see. The red haired girl.

What'did I do this episode D: I don't know! *cries*

;D
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 6:22:30 PM

----
For the Audience:
----

Either she's Terra or you're trying to make us think she's Terra.

I think he killed his dad or something. If he's never specifically mentioned her being alive he definitely 100% killed his mother though.

Warem and I have a huge romantic arc that ends in tragedy, as Rev, thinking I am still his captor, attempts to kill me, but Warem takes the blow.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 7:50:39 PM
At 3/25/2015 6:22:30 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Interesting theory.

I think he killed his dad or something. If he's never specifically mentioned her being alive he definitely 100% killed his mother though.

Another interesting theory.
Are you interested in his past so far?

Warem and I have a huge romantic arc that ends in tragedy, as Rev, thinking I am still his captor, attempts to kill me, but Warem takes the blow.

Um... lol

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 7:56:51 PM
At 3/25/2015 7:50:39 PM, donald.keller wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Interesting theory.

Yeah, but more interested in what Emberly did to end up in that place.

Um... lol
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 8:06:07 PM
At 3/25/2015 7:56:51 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Interesting theory.

FINALLY lol. I was waiting for someone to wonder that.

Um... lol

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 8:17:51 PM
At 3/25/2015 8:06:07 PM, donald.keller wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Interesting theory.

Alright good. I've been thinking that the whole time and honestly had just labelled it as "plot hole" in my mind by now.

Um... lol
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 8:23:07 PM
At 3/25/2015 8:17:51 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Interesting theory.

Alright good. I've been thinking that the whole time and honestly had just labelled it as "plot hole" in my mind by now.

Lol nooo. I've been waiting for people to question how a cute girl got there. I mean, first episode, she did skip school.

Um... lol

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 8:26:41 PM
At 3/25/2015 8:23:07 PM, donald.keller wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Interesting theory.

Lol nooo. I've been waiting for people to question how a cute girl got there. I mean, first episode, she did skip school.

Yeah but she only skipped school to play a video game. Vick, Mikal, and Terra all have been hinted at having done much worse, yet we've been given very few tastes of what Emberly's capable of.

Also I'm gonna say right now that the "can't log out" bug was no accident. I refuse to forget minor snippets of dialogue, and there's no way everyone just so happened to be from the exact same city.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 8:41:19 PM
At 3/25/2015 8:26:41 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Interesting theory.

Yeah but she only skipped school to play a video game. Vick, Mikal, and Terra all have been hinted at having done much worse, yet we've been given very few tastes of what Emberly's capable of.

And shocklingly vicksans is the second worse backstory, behind Quadehera.

Also I'm gonna say right now that the "can't log out" bug was no accident. I refuse to forget minor snippets of dialogue, and there's no way everyone just so happened to be from the exact same city.

Lol I love when people catch snippets I leave behind. What's your theory?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 8:43:49 PM
At 3/25/2015 8:41:19 PM, donald.keller wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Interesting theory.

I'm assuming it all has to do with Terra (so is Quadehera her username?), something to do with catching her. Maybe the servers knew where she was, and kicked all those in the server that weren't in her general location out, keeping those nearby so she'd be more likely captured.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 10:18:38 PM
At 3/25/2015 8:43:49 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 3/25/2015 8:41:19 PM, donald.keller wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Interesting theory.

I'm assuming it all has to do with Terra (so is Quadehera her username?), something to do with catching her. Maybe the servers knew where she was, and kicked all those in the server that weren't in her general location out, keeping those nearby so she'd be more likely captured.

Lol I love hearing fan theories... It makes me feel awesome.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 2:48:43 AM
"The woman... She didn't kill you... Can you tell us why?"
*Them prologues are awesome man XD.*

I felt this episode was a huge improvement to the last episode. In the last episode, I didn't feel as thrilled, excited and jumping in joy as the last season. But this episode brought back all the awesomeness that was in the previous season (especially episodes 1 to around 6).

What i really liked was the introduction of Minx's character. I felt threatened and kinda creeped out by her. She was just such an intriguing character (besides Maragon).

Also, you're paragraphing has improved and I no longer get confused by the sentences. The sentences are more spaced out and less cluttered. And I really enjoyed that.

Example:
"Vicksan." Bsh had been helping Vicksan build the town up. They had deforested much of the area, but the trees around them stood so messy and tall that they barely noticed.
The town of Kroengard had enough homes for forty people, and a castle Vicksan worked on a little bit after each home he built.
"What is it Bsh?" Vicksan was observing the design of the town. It wasn't like the first city, where each home was it's own building. To build faster, they built single buildings per block, each holding four separate homes.

Also I like the direction of the plot with Whiteflame and the air of mystery surrounding him. I thought this was clever and you did this well.

One other thing I liked was Sokol's tantrum and hate towards Emberly. I like this character relationship and found myself more engaged with the relationship than in the previous episode.

I also like the Minx/ Sasima intrigue as well. I'm thrilled to find out what will happen between these two. I also like Mekaiel wanting to stop her. Shows how much he actually cares about Sasima.

The only thing I will say could be improved was the dream sequence with Vicksan and his mom. I enjoyed it because it was very vague and I could imagine the sequence any way I wanted to. But I felt it was a little too vague. There were very little descriptions in the passage and no description on the appearance of Vicksan's mom:

"He heard a loud crackling noise. He turned around to see the city of Kroengard on fire.
He turned back and saw his mother in front of him. "Mom..?"
"Don't call me that." She spoke. "I'm not your mother..."
"Mom... I'm sorry..." Vicksan backed away. He looked down and realized he wasn't Vicksan anymore. He was just Anthony now.
"Don't apologize to me." She replied. The fire was all around them now, "I'm not the one who's dead.""

I liked the pacing here because it's very fast and I could read it while still being thrilled. But the lack of description made the dream less immersive and less threatening. I didn't feel Vicksan's horror as this nightmare was happening as I would have liked to.

However, it was still effective and I got the message from it. I ended up really enjoying it.

Overall, I found this episode to be a stellar success and a true revival of the DGO franchise and am looking forward to the next episode! Great job!

(P.S we're sorta tight on the fanfic writing group thing so can the next episode be released just a tad bit late? It's of course you're choice when you'd like to upload but if you upload early it may overwhelm the fanfic group members and we may not be able to catch up on future episodes. Perhaps wait for four days? My thanks and appreciation :) )
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 11:23:51 AM
Another interesting episode.

I really like the relationships that you have built between characters. An example is Sokol. Everyone else is terrified of him, he is in charge, and he seems like the kind of leader who has people executed for minor things, just to keep people in line. And when he is interrupted, he lashes out. Sometimes, the dialogue between characters may not match their personalty, making the conversation useless, but DGO, everyone's dialogue matches the character, which is excellent.

My criticism is that DGO appears to be very speech dependent, which is not always a good thing. Too much dialogue or even a little bit of dialogue crammed together makes the story hard to read. I would recommend not getting rid of the dialogue, as it is very well written, but rather putting spaces every time there is a new speaker.

Good job on this episode and I am looking forward to the next episode!
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax