Jump to topic:

Copy-And-Paste RFD

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 3:26:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
(To be used on debates between two skilled debaters)

This debate was an intense one, as both debaters seem to be very skilled, and I had to read it over carefully to determine who did better. But in the end, I must conclude that [Pro/Con] is the overall winner.
First, let's look at arguments. [Pro/Con] got off to a strong start, but unfortunately [his/her] case was unable to withstand greater scrutiny from [Pro\Con]. Also, I've noticed that [Pro/Con] dropped some of [Pro's/Con's] points, namely the argument concerning [insert]. In the end, it became clear to me that [Pro/Con] made a better case.
Next, let's look at sources. The sources seemed to be almost evenly matched, but [Pro/Con] overall had better sources, as I caught [Pro/Con] using at least one less than respectable source, namely [insert].
Both sides seemed to have had pretty good conduct.
Both sides did good, but [Pro/Con] seemed to have done better, and that's why I'm casting my vote for [him/her]. Good debate.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 10:49:17 AM
I think you are smart enough to know that crap won't fly with how votes are currently being moderated.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 11:02:58 AM
At 3/30/2015 10:49:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
I think you are smart enough to know that crap won't fly with how votes are currently being moderated.

It'd still be interesting to see people actually use this format and losing their voting privileges, though.

The DDO Blog:

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 11:04:47 AM
this was actually really funny
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 11:10:36 AM
At 3/30/2015 11:04:47 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
this was actually really funny

The truth is, though, that had I not posted this here, this format would pass basis voting standards.

The DDO Blog:

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 4:26:11 PM
At 3/30/2015 10:49:17 AM, Wylted wrote:

Oh darn it, I was all set.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 6:14:15 PM
At 3/29/2015 3:26:38 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

This debate was an intense one, as both debaters seem to be very skilled, and I had to read it over carefully to determine who did better. But in the end, I must conclude that neither is the overall winner.
First, let's look at arguments. Neither got off to a strong start, but unfortunately neither case was unable to withstand greater scrutiny from the other Also, I've noticed that neither dropped some of other's points, namely the argument concerning nothing. In the end, it became clear to me that neither made a better case.
Next, let's look at sources. The sources seemed to be almost evenly matched, but neither overall had better sources, as I caught neither using at least one less than respectable source, namely nothing.
Both sides did good, but neither seemed to have done better, and that's why I'm casting my vote for neither. Good debate.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 8:01:39 PM
At 3/30/2015 6:14:15 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 3/29/2015 3:26:38 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

This debate was an intense one, as both debaters seem to be very skilled, and I had to read it over carefully to determine who did better. But in the end, I must conclude that neither is the overall winner.
First, let's look at arguments. Neither got off to a strong start, but unfortunately neither case was unable to withstand greater scrutiny from the other Also, I've noticed that neither dropped some of other's points, namely the argument concerning nothing. In the end, it became clear to me that neither made a better case.
Next, let's look at sources. The sources seemed to be almost evenly matched, but neither overall had better sources, as I caught neither using at least one less than respectable source, namely nothing.
Both sides did good, but neither seemed to have done better, and that's why I'm casting my vote for neither. Good debate.

Now you're getting it.

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 1:46:28 PM
At 3/30/2015 10:48:03 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Bump

+1

The DDO Blog: