oceanix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 1:53:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Mongoose has died during the night.
07. Mongoose
You are Ethan, the two-shot Illusionist. Given that you can cast illusions, during up to two night phases you can disguise someone (for the purposes of explanation, Person A) to look like another player (Person B). Any night actions on Person A in addition to any actions on Person B will be carried out on Person B. You win with the town.

ACTIVE PLAYERS
01. Lwerd
02. Viiiiiiiii
03. belle
04. badger
05. Alex
06. LeafRod
07. SportsGuru
08. sac8
09. mongeese
10. Puck
11. Tvellalot
12. Korashk
13. wjmelements

7 votes required for a lynch. This day phase ends Monday, July 26th at 11:00 am MDT.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:11:51 PM
weird role (mongoose). also thanks guys for trying to lynch me while i was at work :P

i guess it wouldn't have made much of a difference though b/c i am vanilla, and thus you would have lynched me anyways. if you wanna waste two dp's on me go ahead, but obviously i urge you to expend your efforts elsewhere. it would be a waste.

as for alternative options, i didn't really get anything from last dp except a severe lack of activity. maybe look at alex or vi since iirc they haven't posted at all.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:19:12 PM
I'm good with that, either one of us.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:22:59 PM
At 7/24/2010 2:19:12 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

is this to imply that the two of you are somehow aligned?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:23:55 PM
At 7/24/2010 2:22:59 PM, belle wrote:
At 7/24/2010 2:19:12 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

is this to imply that the two of you are somehow aligned?

Nope, just means I don't care if we go for myself, nor do i care if we go for her.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:39:07 PM
Alright, belle got 6 out of 8 votes needed to lynch. If she were a townie, I'm assuming that she would have had ALL 8 VOTES because the mafia would have bandwagoned her - especially towards the end when it was looking like we'd be headed toward a No Lynch. So, vote belle. Based on her guilt or innocence we'll better be able to evaluate the vote count. Plus, she can't confirm her role, and a vanilla role really isn't that big of a loss. The only other option I see is a mass character claim which I'm down for. Thoughts?
President of DDO
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:42:25 PM
At 7/24/2010 2:40:33 PM, badger wrote:
i suppose my thoughts don't count for anything but i'd be down for a mass character claim.

actually scratch that. will someone please tell me what show this is?
signature
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:42:46 PM
At 7/24/2010 2:39:07 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Alright, belle got 6 out of 8 votes needed to lynch. If she were a townie, I'm assuming that she would have had ALL 8 VOTES because the mafia would have bandwagoned her - especially towards the end when it was looking like we'd be headed toward a No Lynch. So, vote belle. Based on her guilt or innocence we'll better be able to evaluate the vote count. Plus, she can't confirm her role, and a vanilla role really isn't that big of a loss. The only other option I see is a mass character claim which I'm down for. Thoughts?

I'm going to pick up from the last day phase and vote belle.

There aren't many characters in this game, so it seems unlikely that there would be a vanilla townie.

I'm down for your thoughts as well.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:43:09 PM
At 7/24/2010 2:42:25 PM, badger wrote:
i suppose my thoughts don't count for anything but i'd be down for a mass character claim.

actually scratch that. will someone please tell me what show this is?

Series of stories.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:48:54 PM

lol
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:50:02 PM
for obvious reasons i would prefer the mass claim lol.

not sure why those are the only two options though. mafia bandwagoning a townie at the end would be somewhat obvious when i came up innocent, so thats not much evidence either way. and a mass claim would provide a hit list for the mafia as to who has important roles (its obvious some characters are more important than others in this series). whats wrong with targeting either alex or vi (or someone else, those are just the first that came to mind) and going from there?
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:52:41 PM
At 7/24/2010 2:50:02 PM, belle wrote:
for obvious reasons i would prefer the mass claim lol.

not sure why those are the only two options though. mafia bandwagoning a townie at the end would be somewhat obvious when i came up innocent, so thats not much evidence either way. and a mass claim would provide a hit list for the mafia as to who has important roles (its obvious some characters are more important than others in this series). whats wrong with targeting either alex or vi (or someone else, those are just the first that came to mind) and going from there?

or thelwerd for suggesting such ridiculousness.
signature
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:57:16 PM
At 7/24/2010 2:51:26 PM, oceanix wrote:
This is a trilogy of books. Nice job on your homework, guys.

"series"= series of books lol. i know its not a television show. nice job being pretentious :P
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:57:59 PM
At 7/24/2010 2:50:02 PM, belle wrote:

not sure why those are the only two options though.

Without a cop saying "Person X is guilty" then what other option is there besides character claiming?

mafia bandwagoning a townie at the end would be somewhat obvious when i came up innocent, so thats not much evidence either way.

Not really, since we'd have preferred not to end in a No Lynch as evidenced by the 6 votes and discussion. Besides, if you're innocent, that helps us when investigating the vote count too (to see who voted, when, and who didn't).

and a mass claim would provide a hit list for the mafia as to who has important roles (its obvious some characters are more important than others in this series).

Only the doctor (healer) would be obvious. Even so, you know that the mafia can't win UNLESS townies get lynched. With a mass character claim, the most obvious townie characters will be safe making it much harder for the mafia to win in the end.

whats wrong with targeting either alex or vi (or someone else, those are just the first that came to mind) and going from there?

How is that any different than a mass character claim with a slower process?
President of DDO
oceanix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:58:20 PM
At 7/24/2010 2:57:16 PM, belle wrote:
At 7/24/2010 2:51:26 PM, oceanix wrote:
This is a trilogy of books. Nice job on your homework, guys.

"series"= series of books lol. i know its not a television show. nice job being pretentious :P

Lol. I was talking to badger.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 3:01:59 PM
At 7/24/2010 2:57:59 PM, theLwerd wrote:

doesn't give the mafia all the roles at once. that means while we might stumble upon someone with an important role the chances are lessened. we don't present mafia with a list of players with prominent characters and thus more likely targets. the slower process is the point.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 3:02:46 PM
I say vote belle.

As I said, if she were a townie then the mafia would have lynched her on the basis that all townies were for lynching her despite a possible vanilla claim. I think she's mafia and that some mafia probably voted for her. Of course if she's guilty, I'll suspect Puck on the grounds that he automatically deduced that her claim would be vanilla. It's not much to go on, but it's something.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 3:06:02 PM
At 7/24/2010 3:01:59 PM, belle wrote:

doesn't give the mafia all the roles at once. that means while we might stumble upon someone with an important role the chances are lessened. we don't present mafia with a list of players with prominent characters and thus more likely targets. the slower process is the point.

Lol... ok, pressure Vi. Vi claims. We decide it maybe legit. We pressure someone else (say, Alex). Surprise! he claims obvious doctor character. Then what? The mafia knows who the likely doctor is, and we move along pressuring someone anyway. Eventually all characters will be exposed. Besides, I see no reason to vote Alex or Vi (what was your reason again?). If anything I'll vote Puck for aforementioned reasons... especially cuz he didn't vote for you! At least Alex tried to fake it by voting at the end. Unvote belle - vote Puck.
President of DDO
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 3:10:36 PM
To be honest i've been too wrapped up in my game to pay a ton of attention to this game, but now that mines going smoothly I will pay more attention to this one. I voted Belle solely on the fact that that's who the town was going after, and i tried to prevent a no lynch. I don't like no lynches.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 3:11:59 PM
At 7/24/2010 3:06:02 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 7/24/2010 3:01:59 PM, belle wrote:

Lol... ok, pressure Vi. Vi claims. We decide it maybe legit. We pressure someone else (say, Alex). Surprise! he claims obvious doctor character. Then what? The mafia knows who the likely doctor is, and we move along pressuring someone anyway. Eventually all characters will be exposed. Besides, I see no reason to vote Alex or Vi (what was your reason again?). If anything I'll vote Puck for aforementioned reasons... especially cuz he didn't vote for you! At least Alex tried to fake it by voting at the end. Unvote belle - vote Puck.

theres a chance we get lucky. vs no chance your way. and since you're suspicious of puck b/c you're suspicious of me, why change your vote to him? does not compute. he's only suspicious if i am guilty.

and vi and alex were just the first that came to mind as being unusually inactive but that has somewhat characterized this game anyways. *shrug*

that said, i will LYNCH PUCK for a claim. its a start.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 3:32:27 PM
At 7/24/2010 3:11:59 PM, belle wrote:
theres a chance we get lucky. vs no chance your way.

Seriously? You said yourself that some townie roles will be obvious, did you not? Meaning we immediately target (for lynch and investigations) the "non obvious" character claims. This could not be any simpler. Since you were mafia in the last game you KNOW that the only way for the mafia to win is to get townies lynched during the day. If we don't lynch obvious townies then it makes the mafia's job much harder. Even if the bigger roles are targeted at night (i.e. doctor) is still means the mafia fails by failing to get townies lynched during the day.

and since you're suspicious of puck b/c you're suspicious of me, why change your vote to him? does not compute. he's only suspicious if i am guilty.

BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT US TO VOTE FOR YOU.

We know your claim. Puck didn't claim. If Puck claims something bogus and turns yup guilty, it just gives us further reason to pressure you (as if the votes thing plus a vanilla claim wasn't reason enough).

and vi and alex were just the first that came to mind as being unusually inactive but that has somewhat characterized this game anyways. *shrug*

My computer broke (again) -- I've been using Vi's computer. So I know her absence is a bogus basis of reasoning cuz she's been busy, working and sharing a comp with me . Plus, you noticed that Vi and Alex were less active, but Puck just admitted to being gone for the entire day yet for some reason you didn't pick up on HIS absence...? Interesting.

that said, i will LYNCH PUCK for a claim. its a start.

Agree. And then when he claims, we'll just move on. And move on again. And move on again. As I said.
President of DDO
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 3:45:32 PM
At 7/24/2010 2:42:46 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/24/2010 2:39:07 PM, theLwerd wrote:

I'm going to pick up from the last day phase and vote belle.

There aren't many characters in this game, so it seems unlikely that there would be a vanilla townie.

I'm down for your thoughts as well.

You don't think that there would be vanilla in a mafia game...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown