Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

The Onion is Awesome

sadolite
Posts: 10,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 7:42:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The definitive news source for the academic elite
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:46:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/1/2015 9:37:54 PM, bsh1 wrote:
http://www.theonion.com...

http://www.cnn.com...

I've seen this happen a few times that the Onion is used as a source for another publication. I believe it's usually a foreign website or paper, but it's always hilarious.

As for The Onion in general, yeah it's awesome... Since I and it are from Wisconsin I consider it a major source of pride, and a family member of mine used to be one of their head writers, so that's pretty groovy.

This is one of my fav onion vids:

https://www.youtube.com...
Debate.org Moderator
bsh1
Posts: 29,018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:32:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2015 11:46:33 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/1/2015 9:37:54 PM, bsh1 wrote:
http://www.theonion.com...

http://www.cnn.com...

I've seen this happen a few times that the Onion is used as a source for another publication. I believe it's usually a foreign website or paper, but it's always hilarious.

Lol...Yes, it is.

As for The Onion in general, yeah it's awesome... Since I and it are from Wisconsin I consider it a major source of pride, and a family member of mine used to be one of their head writers, so that's pretty groovy.

That's an awesome job...

This is one of my fav onion vids:

https://www.youtube.com...

OMG...That is hilarious...
I'm a Bish.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 1:15:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2015 11:46:33 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/1/2015 9:37:54 PM, bsh1 wrote:
http://www.theonion.com...

http://www.cnn.com...

I've seen this happen a few times that the Onion is used as a source for another publication. I believe it's usually a foreign website or paper, but it's always hilarious.

As for The Onion in general, yeah it's awesome... Since I and it are from Wisconsin I consider it a major source of pride, and a family member of mine used to be one of their head writers, so that's pretty groovy.

This is one of my fav onion vids:

https://www.youtube.com...

You're very consistent.

http://www.debate.org...
#StandWithBossy
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,700
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 8:51:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/1/2015 9:37:54 PM, bsh1 wrote:
http://www.theonion.com...

http://www.cnn.com...

Lol.
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
sadolite
Posts: 10,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 4:41:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2015 12:42:53 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Rofl: Iran Promises To End Nuclear Program In Exchange For Detailed Diagram Of Atomic Bomb

http://www.theonion.com...

Don't laugh, that's the deal
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
bsh1
Posts: 29,018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 6:46:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2015 4:41:12 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 4/3/2015 12:42:53 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Rofl: Iran Promises To End Nuclear Program In Exchange For Detailed Diagram Of Atomic Bomb

http://www.theonion.com...

Don't laugh, that's the deal

Or not...
I'm a Bish.
sadolite
Posts: 10,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 7:40:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2015 6:46:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/3/2015 4:41:12 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 4/3/2015 12:42:53 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Rofl: Iran Promises To End Nuclear Program In Exchange For Detailed Diagram Of Atomic Bomb

http://www.theonion.com...

Don't laugh, that's the deal

Or not...

Ya, you're probably right. I mean we could not get Saddam Hussein to comply with inspections with ten times more penalties and enforcement for almost ten years. Iran must be quaking in their boots.
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
bsh1
Posts: 29,018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:22:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2015 7:40:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 4/3/2015 6:46:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/3/2015 4:41:12 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 4/3/2015 12:42:53 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Rofl: Iran Promises To End Nuclear Program In Exchange For Detailed Diagram Of Atomic Bomb

http://www.theonion.com...

Don't laugh, that's the deal

Or not...

Ya, you're probably right. I mean we could not get Saddam Hussein to comply with inspections with ten times more penalties and enforcement for almost ten years. Iran must be quaking in their boots.

Iran will be more cooperative than Iraq was, particularly because of our experience in Iraq and Iran's fear of popular unrest.
I'm a Bish.
sadolite
Posts: 10,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:54:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2015 9:22:35 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/3/2015 7:40:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 4/3/2015 6:46:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/3/2015 4:41:12 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 4/3/2015 12:42:53 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Rofl: Iran Promises To End Nuclear Program In Exchange For Detailed Diagram Of Atomic Bomb

http://www.theonion.com...

Don't laugh, that's the deal

Or not...

Ya, you're probably right. I mean we could not get Saddam Hussein to comply with inspections with ten times more penalties and enforcement for almost ten years. Iran must be quaking in their boots.

Iran will be more cooperative than Iraq was, particularly because of our experience in Iraq and Iran's fear of popular unrest.

yes yes yes of course they will
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.