Total Posts:70|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I want to debate.

debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 8:26:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
https://docs.google.com...

I've been pretty inactive over the past two weeks, and now I'm craving a debate. Is anyone interested by a topic on this list?
thett3
Posts: 14,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:25:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
You would debate con on gay marriage?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:42:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 8:26:37 AM, debatability wrote:
https://docs.google.com...

I've been pretty inactive over the past two weeks, and now I'm craving a debate. Is anyone interested by a topic on this list?

I am con on schools facilitating safe sex practices. I don't think kids should be having sex in school, at all.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:46:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
What is your argument for letting prisoners vote. That liberal policies are better and about 90% of prisoners are Democrats? Who would have thought that people who enjoy stealing from rich people would overwhelmingly vote for people who steal from rich people?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 9:54:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 8:26:37 AM, debatability wrote:
https://docs.google.com...

I've been pretty inactive over the past two weeks, and now I'm craving a debate. Is anyone interested by a topic on this list?

I might be willing to take the vaccination one.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:08:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 9:42:36 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 8:26:37 AM, debatability wrote:
https://docs.google.com...

I've been pretty inactive over the past two weeks, and now I'm craving a debate. Is anyone interested by a topic on this list?

I am con on schools facilitating safe sex practices. I don't think kids should be having sex in school, at all.

Dude, topics like these always make me wonder if you're playing devil's advocate or not.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:12:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 10:08:32 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:42:36 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 8:26:37 AM, debatability wrote:
https://docs.google.com...

I've been pretty inactive over the past two weeks, and now I'm craving a debate. Is anyone interested by a topic on this list?

I am con on schools facilitating safe sex practices. I don't think kids should be having sex in school, at all.

Dude, topics like these always make me wonder if you're playing devil's advocate or not.

I'm not sure how being Con on kids having sex in schools is remotely controversial.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:16:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 9:46:45 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is your argument for letting prisoners vote. That liberal policies are better and about 90% of prisoners are Democrats? Who would have thought that people who enjoy stealing from rich people would overwhelmingly vote for people who steal from rich people?

I think you need to bash Reps too sometimes; otherwise, everyone will start thinking you're serious, and then you'll turn into sadolite.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:19:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 10:12:43 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:08:32 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:42:36 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 8:26:37 AM, debatability wrote:
https://docs.google.com...

I've been pretty inactive over the past two weeks, and now I'm craving a debate. Is anyone interested by a topic on this list?

I am con on schools facilitating safe sex practices. I don't think kids should be having sex in school, at all.

Dude, topics like these always make me wonder if you're playing devil's advocate or not.

I'm not sure how being Con on kids having sex in schools is remotely controversial.

That's the point. You're fvcking Wylted. If you look up "controversy" on Wikipedia, there's a picture of your Garbanza tribute pic as a prime example. Which is why I doubt that your actual position on the subject is the non-controversial one. .-.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:20:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 10:16:08 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:46:45 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is your argument for letting prisoners vote. That liberal policies are better and about 90% of prisoners are Democrats? Who would have thought that people who enjoy stealing from rich people would overwhelmingly vote for people who steal from rich people?

I think you need to bash Reps too sometimes; otherwise, everyone will start thinking you're serious, and then you'll turn into sadolite.

I'll try, but it seems like everyone else already makes fun of Republicans by strawmanninh their positions and turning them into caricatures. I figured this was my nitche.

I'll see what I can do.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:21:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 10:19:04 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:12:43 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:08:32 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:42:36 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 8:26:37 AM, debatability wrote:
https://docs.google.com...

I've been pretty inactive over the past two weeks, and now I'm craving a debate. Is anyone interested by a topic on this list?

I am con on schools facilitating safe sex practices. I don't think kids should be having sex in school, at all.

Dude, topics like these always make me wonder if you're playing devil's advocate or not.

I'm not sure how being Con on kids having sex in schools is remotely controversial.

That's the point. You're fvcking Wylted. If you look up "controversy" on Wikipedia, there's a picture of your Garbanza tribute pic as a prime example. Which is why I doubt that your actual position on the subject is the non-controversial one. .-.

lol, okay.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:44:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 10:20:24 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:16:08 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:46:45 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is your argument for letting prisoners vote. That liberal policies are better and about 90% of prisoners are Democrats? Who would have thought that people who enjoy stealing from rich people would overwhelmingly vote for people who steal from rich people?

I think you need to bash Reps too sometimes; otherwise, everyone will start thinking you're serious, and then you'll turn into sadolite.

I'll try, but it seems like everyone else already makes fun of Republicans by strawmanninh their positions and turning them into caricatures. I figured this was my nitche.

I'll see what I can do.

I have faith in your abilities :-)
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:10:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 9:25:39 AM, thett3 wrote:
You would debate con on gay marriage?

Yeah probably. I'm definitely pro, but I wouldn't mind debating con for fun.
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:11:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 9:42:36 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 8:26:37 AM, debatability wrote:
https://docs.google.com...

I've been pretty inactive over the past two weeks, and now I'm craving a debate. Is anyone interested by a topic on this list?

I am con on schools facilitating safe sex practices. I don't think kids should be having sex in school, at all.

haha, to clarify, the fatilitation of safe sex practices is both providing sex education and contraceptives. I'm sure you're just trolling though XD
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:11:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 11:11:04 AM, debatability wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:42:36 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 8:26:37 AM, debatability wrote:
https://docs.google.com...

I've been pretty inactive over the past two weeks, and now I'm craving a debate. Is anyone interested by a topic on this list?

I am con on schools facilitating safe sex practices. I don't think kids should be having sex in school, at all.

haha, to clarify, the facilitation of safe sex practices is both providing sex education and contraceptives. I'm sure you're just trolling though XD

**fixed
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:13:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 9:46:45 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is your argument for letting prisoners vote. That liberal policies are better and about 90% of prisoners are Democrats? Who would have thought that people who enjoy stealing from rich people would overwhelmingly vote for people who steal from rich people?

That's a topic I haven't thought enough about to solidify my opinion, but I want to debate because I'd enjoy the research process. You want to debate it with me?
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:13:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 9:54:02 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 8:26:37 AM, debatability wrote:
https://docs.google.com...

I've been pretty inactive over the past two weeks, and now I'm craving a debate. Is anyone interested by a topic on this list?

I might be willing to take the vaccination one.

Oh, I'd enjoy that.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:17:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 11:13:09 AM, debatability wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:46:45 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is your argument for letting prisoners vote. That liberal policies are better and about 90% of prisoners are Democrats? Who would have thought that people who enjoy stealing from rich people would overwhelmingly vote for people who steal from rich people?

That's a topic I haven't thought enough about to solidify my opinion, but I want to debate because I'd enjoy the research process. You want to debate it with me?

No to that, maybe to vaccination.
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:43:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 11:17:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 11:13:09 AM, debatability wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:46:45 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is your argument for letting prisoners vote. That liberal policies are better and about 90% of prisoners are Democrats? Who would have thought that people who enjoy stealing from rich people would overwhelmingly vote for people who steal from rich people?

That's a topic I haven't thought enough about to solidify my opinion, but I want to debate because I'd enjoy the research process. You want to debate it with me?

No to that, maybe to vaccination.

I'd be down. How about in may?
Genghis_Khan
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:45:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 8:26:37 AM, debatability wrote:
https://docs.google.com...

I've been pretty inactive over the past two weeks, and now I'm craving a debate. Is anyone interested by a topic on this list?

Free tuition for community colleges.
anything your heart desires
Genghis_Khan
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:48:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 11:10:08 AM, debatability wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:25:39 AM, thett3 wrote:
You would debate con on gay marriage?

Yeah probably. I'm definitely pro, but I wouldn't mind debating con for fun.

....I'll debate you on this too.
Tbh I don't see how it's possible. Are you going to argue conjugal view?
anything your heart desires
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:50:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 11:43:58 AM, debatability wrote:
At 4/2/2015 11:17:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 11:13:09 AM, debatability wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:46:45 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is your argument for letting prisoners vote. That liberal policies are better and about 90% of prisoners are Democrats? Who would have thought that people who enjoy stealing from rich people would overwhelmingly vote for people who steal from rich people?

That's a topic I haven't thought enough about to solidify my opinion, but I want to debate because I'd enjoy the research process. You want to debate it with me?

No to that, maybe to vaccination.

I'd be down. How about in may?

The longer away the better.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:53:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 11:43:58 AM, debatability wrote:
At 4/2/2015 11:17:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 11:13:09 AM, debatability wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:46:45 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is your argument for letting prisoners vote. That liberal policies are better and about 90% of prisoners are Democrats? Who would have thought that people who enjoy stealing from rich people would overwhelmingly vote for people who steal from rich people?

That's a topic I haven't thought enough about to solidify my opinion, but I want to debate because I'd enjoy the research process. You want to debate it with me?

No to that, maybe to vaccination.

I'd be down. How about in may?

*says that she wants to have a debate*

*does it one month later*

Wat
Genghis_Khan
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:58:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 11:53:41 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/2/2015 11:43:58 AM, debatability wrote:
At 4/2/2015 11:17:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 11:13:09 AM, debatability wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:46:45 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is your argument for letting prisoners vote. That liberal policies are better and about 90% of prisoners are Democrats? Who would have thought that people who enjoy stealing from rich people would overwhelmingly vote for people who steal from rich people?

That's a topic I haven't thought enough about to solidify my opinion, but I want to debate because I'd enjoy the research process. You want to debate it with me?

No to that, maybe to vaccination.

I'd be down. How about in may?

*says that she wants to have a debate*

*does it one month later*

Wat

That's exactly what I was thinking lol
anything your heart desires
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 12:00:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 11:58:01 AM, Genghis_Khan wrote:
At 4/2/2015 11:53:41 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/2/2015 11:43:58 AM, debatability wrote:
At 4/2/2015 11:17:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/2/2015 11:13:09 AM, debatability wrote:
At 4/2/2015 9:46:45 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is your argument for letting prisoners vote. That liberal policies are better and about 90% of prisoners are Democrats? Who would have thought that people who enjoy stealing from rich people would overwhelmingly vote for people who steal from rich people?

That's a topic I haven't thought enough about to solidify my opinion, but I want to debate because I'd enjoy the research process. You want to debate it with me?

No to that, maybe to vaccination.

I'd be down. How about in may?

*says that she wants to have a debate*

*does it one month later*

Wat

That's exactly what I was thinking lol

haha, I want to set up several debates to do over the next two months, and I knew that wylted would want to wait a bit.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 12:13:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 12:00:51 PM, debatability wrote:

Aight I'd be down to do any of these:

Animal testing should be banned. (Pro)
A just society ought to presume consent for organ procurement of the deceased (either side).
Developing countries should prioritize environmental protection over resource extraction. (Pro)
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 4:09:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 8:26:37 AM, debatability wrote:
https://docs.google.com...

I've been pretty inactive over the past two weeks, and now I'm craving a debate. Is anyone interested by a topic on this list?

Can you clarify these resolutions? Does "Religion is a net benefit to society" mean that the sudden vanishing of religion would be negative, or does it mean that religion is better than the alternative belief systems that are possible?

In other words, are you going to argue based on the assumption that nothing will replace religion or that religion is better than anything that could replace it? If it's the latter, I'd take con.

In the same sense, on gay marriage, will you assume that the status quo cannot change except for gays being allowed to marry? Is the debate about gay marriage in the current system, assuming that that system cannot change, or is it for gay marriage in an abstract sense?

How would you define marriage?

I'd also take pro on the legalization of LSD and con on free tuition.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Arcanas
Posts: 198
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 4:35:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/2/2015 8:26:37 AM, debatability wrote:
https://docs.google.com...

I've been pretty inactive over the past two weeks, and now I'm craving a debate. Is anyone interested by a topic on this list?

I'll debate you on the legalization of all drugs.