Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Another Video Thread

PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 3:20:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If we do it again, it'll have to be extremely structured... otherwise, it will die out quickly.

Perhaps, like, making a rule... each video you have to ask a question (general or specific, to a specific member or not), and answer a question previously asked.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 3:33:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/29/2010 3:20:31 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
If we do it again, it'll have to be extremely structured... otherwise, it will die out quickly.

Perhaps, like, making a rule... each video you have to ask a question (general or specific, to a specific member or not), and answer a question previously asked.

Which pertains to a specific (But broad) topic. And I don't want a libertarianism vs Liberalism debate.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 11:30:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm down. Though, like PoeJoe said, we're going to have to come up with a structured way to keep the conversation flowing smoothly.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 3:03:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/29/2010 11:30:07 PM, Nags wrote:
I'm down. Though, like PoeJoe said, we're going to have to come up with a structured way to keep the conversation flowing smoothly.

At the end we could nominate someone to speak next?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 4:18:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 3:03:32 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/29/2010 11:30:07 PM, Nags wrote:
I'm down. Though, like PoeJoe said, we're going to have to come up with a structured way to keep the conversation flowing smoothly.

At the end we could nominate someone to speak next?

Too complicated... and besides, no one's going to actually do it.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 4:19:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 4:18:21 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 7/30/2010 3:03:32 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/29/2010 11:30:07 PM, Nags wrote:
I'm down. Though, like PoeJoe said, we're going to have to come up with a structured way to keep the conversation flowing smoothly.

At the end we could nominate someone to speak next?

Too complicated... and besides, no one's going to actually do it.

I mean, it'd either slow things down considerably or people are going to ignore the nomination... so either way it's a bad idea.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 4:26:19 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 4:19:24 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 7/30/2010 4:18:21 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 7/30/2010 3:03:32 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/29/2010 11:30:07 PM, Nags wrote:
I'm down. Though, like PoeJoe said, we're going to have to come up with a structured way to keep the conversation flowing smoothly.

At the end we could nominate someone to speak next?

Too complicated... and besides, no one's going to actually do it.

I mean, it'd either slow things down considerably or people are going to ignore the nomination... so either way it's a bad idea.

Ok. So, should I just start one? If so what should the topic be?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 10:40:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 10:36:42 AM, badger wrote:
it would be funny if we all just made a video about anything we wanted like koopin does.

I'd like to see another Koopin video on physics. I liked that.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 10:42:19 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 10:40:07 AM, innomen wrote:
At 7/30/2010 10:36:42 AM, badger wrote:
it would be funny if we all just made a video about anything we wanted like koopin does.

I'd like to see another Koopin video on physics. I liked that.

the one where he stabbed the ball was my favourite.
signature
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 8:12:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 4:26:19 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/30/2010 4:19:24 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 7/30/2010 4:18:21 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 7/30/2010 3:03:32 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/29/2010 11:30:07 PM, Nags wrote:
I'm down. Though, like PoeJoe said, we're going to have to come up with a structured way to keep the conversation flowing smoothly.

At the end we could nominate someone to speak next?

Too complicated... and besides, no one's going to actually do it.

I mean, it'd either slow things down considerably or people are going to ignore the nomination... so either way it's a bad idea.

Ok. So, should I just start one? If so what should the topic be?

I don't think setting the topic would be a good idea.

Like I said, just have sort of structure to encourage the life of the thread.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2010 8:35:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/31/2010 12:26:16 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
So, is this going to be a thing?

Sure. I'll make one tonight (My tonight, not yours)
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.