Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Troll

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 10:34:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I thought PalinFan might just be a funny troll and having a few of those isn't actually a bad thing but it turns out he's here to cause chaos.

http://i31.tinypic.com...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 10:37:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't get it. Are you saying PalinFan is a troll, cjl, or yourself? Because all three are perfectly valid answers. We just all like PalinFan a lot more.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 10:38:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/29/2010 10:34:37 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Have you gotten a similar message?

No but on the cjl thread a couple members (including me) stated about the exact same thing.
I hate standing up for PF but its true. However I don't think its that big of a deal that someone should be harassed or reported. I just wish the ban on what you can have as an avatar would go away so everyone can be happy.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 10:38:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Actually I'm gunna test the double standard now
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 10:40:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
His supposed solution is exactly the opposite of what should be done. We shouldn't take away cjl's freedom, we should pursue more for others.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 10:40:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/29/2010 10:40:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:
His supposed solution is exactly the opposite of what should be done. We shouldn't take away cjl's freedom, we should pursue more for others.

Someone having an opposite opinion is a troll to you?
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 10:41:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/29/2010 10:40:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:
His supposed solution is exactly the opposite of what should be done. We shouldn't take away cjl's freedom, we should pursue more for others.

You're forgetting whose site this is and whose TOS you contracted into when you joined this site.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 10:44:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/29/2010 10:40:56 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/29/2010 10:40:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:
His supposed solution is exactly the opposite of what should be done. We shouldn't take away cjl's freedom, we should pursue more for others.

Someone having an opposite opinion is a troll to you?

Godamnit Volkov, what's your problem? Seriously, wtf.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 10:45:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/29/2010 10:41:16 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 7/29/2010 10:40:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:
His supposed solution is exactly the opposite of what should be done. We shouldn't take away cjl's freedom, we should pursue more for others.

You're forgetting whose site this is and whose TOS you contracted into when you joined this site.

PalinFan suggests we report him. This is just as much an inner struggle.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 10:46:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/29/2010 10:44:49 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Godamnit Volkov, what's your problem? Seriously, wtf.

He's Canadian. That explains a lot of it.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 10:46:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/29/2010 10:44:49 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Godamnit Volkov, what's your problem? Seriously, wtf.

I don't have a problem, Freedo. You said that PalinFan is a troll because he's petitioning to get cjl to change his avatars. You think people shouldn't do that and let cjl have his fun. His opinion is nothing but an opposite opinion of yours - so how does that classify him as a troll?
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 10:46:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Has anyone gotten yaoi trolled before? Thats really messed up.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 10:53:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/29/2010 10:46:34 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/29/2010 10:44:49 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Godamnit Volkov, what's your problem? Seriously, wtf.

I don't have a problem, Freedo. You said that PalinFan is a troll because he's petitioning to get cjl to change his avatars. You think people shouldn't do that and let cjl have his fun. His opinion is nothing but an opposite opinion of yours - so how does that classify him as a troll?

Why do I really need to explain this to you? You're not a toddler. Just because I disagree with him and call him a troll doesn't mean I call him a troll simply BECAUSE I disagree with him. He's trying to attack another member without any good justification. As much as you may dislike me stop taking a stance simply because it's the one against me. Use your head here, this isn't right and I'm trying to stop a mistake from happening.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 10:54:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
And anybody who thinks PalinFan actually suggested this because he thinks it's a good idea is a fool. He just wants to cause trouble.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 11:01:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/29/2010 10:53:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Why do I really need to explain this to you? You're not a toddler. Just because I disagree with him and call him a troll doesn't mean I call him a troll simply BECAUSE I disagree with him. He's trying to attack another member without any good justification. As much as you may dislike me stop taking a stance simply because it's the one against me. Use your head here, this isn't right and I'm trying to stop a mistake from happening.

Who are you to say his justification isn't good? Who are you to say he's only trying to cause trouble? PalinFan has actually been pretty good in recent months, and a lot of people have complained about cjl, not just about his avatars, but in general.

So I think, maybe, I need to explain to you exactly why it is a little presumptuous to claim PalinFan is just trolling, when you don't really know the entire story. Even if your entire intention is just to highlight that what he's doing seems wrong to you, by claiming he's just a troll, you're starting off with an insult to him. How can you start any sort of reasoned or impassioned argument against someone actions, and expected to be taken seriously, when you start off with an insult at a person?

Really, Freedo, you know better.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 7:56:26 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I got the similar message from PalinFan, and I replied with something like, "They aren't that edgy. He's gay, likes men with their shirts off, short shorts, etc. Let him do what he likes. It's not like he's hurting anyone."

It's not that big of a deal. There are a lot more troubling matters than someone's avatar.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 8:51:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 7:52:15 AM, badger wrote:
funny thread. volkov got mean lol. i find it hard to believe that cjl isn't somebody acting the bollox.

that's a lot of effort though really.
signature
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 10:27:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 8:51:32 AM, badger wrote:
At 7/30/2010 7:52:15 AM, badger wrote:
funny thread. volkov got mean lol. i find it hard to believe that cjl isn't somebody acting the bollox.

that's a lot of effort though really.

Ever see a mean Canadian? It ain't pretty.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 10:29:48 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 10:27:29 AM, innomen wrote:
At 7/30/2010 8:51:32 AM, badger wrote:
At 7/30/2010 7:52:15 AM, badger wrote:
funny thread. volkov got mean lol. i find it hard to believe that cjl isn't somebody acting the bollox.

that's a lot of effort though really.

Ever see a mean Canadian? It ain't pretty.

i've got family from there. i really don't think i'd be able to take one seriously.
signature
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 10:31:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 10:29:48 AM, badger wrote:
At 7/30/2010 10:27:29 AM, innomen wrote:
At 7/30/2010 8:51:32 AM, badger wrote:
At 7/30/2010 7:52:15 AM, badger wrote:
funny thread. volkov got mean lol. i find it hard to believe that cjl isn't somebody acting the bollox.

that's a lot of effort though really.

Ever see a mean Canadian? It ain't pretty.

i've got family from there. i really don't think i'd be able to take one seriously.

Yeah, we don't but we like them all the same. They're a good neighbor, in fact i'm heading up to Montreal Sunday morning.
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 10:32:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 10:29:48 AM, badger wrote:
At 7/30/2010 10:27:29 AM, innomen wrote:
At 7/30/2010 8:51:32 AM, badger wrote:
At 7/30/2010 7:52:15 AM, badger wrote:
funny thread. volkov got mean lol. i find it hard to believe that cjl isn't somebody acting the bollox.

that's a lot of effort though really.

Ever see a mean Canadian? It ain't pretty.

i've got family from there. i really don't think i'd be able to take one seriously.

No doot aboot it
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 10:32:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 10:39:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 10:32:23 AM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 7/30/2010 10:29:48 AM, badger wrote:
At 7/30/2010 10:27:29 AM, innomen wrote:
At 7/30/2010 8:51:32 AM, badger wrote:
At 7/30/2010 7:52:15 AM, badger wrote:
funny thread. volkov got mean lol. i find it hard to believe that cjl isn't somebody acting the bollox.

that's a lot of effort though really.

Ever see a mean Canadian? It ain't pretty.

i've got family from there. i really don't think i'd be able to take one seriously.

No doot aboot it

didn't mean to offend. ye seem very mellow though.
signature
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 10:44:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 10:39:25 AM, badger wrote:
didn't mean to offend. ye seem very mellow though.

Lol no offense taken.. I was just having a jab because it was funny. To be fair, I say 'Eh' all the time.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 10:55:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 10:44:56 AM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 7/30/2010 10:39:25 AM, badger wrote:
didn't mean to offend. ye seem very mellow though.

Lol no offense taken.. I was just having a jab because it was funny. To be fair, I say 'Eh' all the time.

Didn't realize you were Canadian. That makes 3 on the site? Internet's really taking off up there ;-)