Jump to topic:

Which Civilization is your fav...?

lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 9:31:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Which civilization is your favourite civilization and why ?

My favourite Civilization is the Persian Empire because of Xerxes. Esther's husband not only saved the Jews but he also protected the rights of the Jews which is why so many Jews live in Punjab today.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 9:53:27 AM
At 8/3/2010 9:31:13 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
Which civilization is your favourite civilization and why ?

My favourite Civilization is the Persian Empire because of Xerxes. Esther's husband not only saved the Jews but he also protected the rights of the Jews which is why so many Jews live in Punjab today.

My favourite civilisation is the Roman Empire. They achieved a lot, although not for the Jews:

"During the first 150 years CE the Jews twice rebelled against their Roman leaders, both rebellions were brutally put down, and were followed by stern restrictions on Jewish freedom.

The first revolt, in 70 CE, led to the destruction of the Temple. This brought to an end the temple worship and is still perceived by traditional Jews as the biggest trauma in Jewish history. It is marked by the fast day of Tisha B'av (meaning the ninth day of the month of Av).

A second revolt, in 132 CE, resulted in the death of hundreds of thousands of Jews, the enslaving of thousands of others, and the banning of Jews from Jerusalem."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 9:57:53 AM
I liked Civilization 4 a lot, but Civilization 3 holds a very special place in my heart. I'm physced for Civilization 5 though.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 9:59:36 AM
At 8/3/2010 9:57:53 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I liked Civilization 4 a lot, but Civilization 3 holds a very special place in my heart. I'm physced for Civilization 5 though.

Civ II was the best. I tried the later ones but they're not as good - just better graphics, that's all.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 10:00:36 AM
At 8/3/2010 9:59:36 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Civ II was the best. I tried the later ones but they're not as good - just better graphics, that's all.

I thought the game mechanics were more in-depth as the series progressed, but I haven't played a lot of the first 2.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 10:03:45 AM
Yea the Roman Empire...

They had pretty much all the bases covered, they knew how to fight, they knew how to rule conquered areas, law, order, social freedoms... completely retarded politics and massive historical lies. Good stuff.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 10:18:02 AM

This.

P.S. I prefer the American Empire.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 10:19:38 AM
At 8/3/2010 10:18:02 AM, JBlake wrote:

This.

P.S. I prefer the American Empire.

I lol when the American empire starts at 4000 b.c. along with the Aztecs and Native Americans.
Ninja_Tru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 11:25:18 AM
I am really excited for Civ 5, and I'm a huge Civ 4 fan.

That said, I like the Ottoman Empire. Cool hats, cool society, religious freedom, and awesome army. Also, they controlled conflict in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, and the other Middle Eastern countries far better than anybody is doing today. In fact, when Britain, France, and other Allied Powers took control of the Middle East and disbanded the Ottoman Empire as per the Fourteen Points, they started the long slide of strife that still exists today.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:23:41 PM
At 8/3/2010 10:03:45 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea the Roman Empire...

They had pretty much all the bases covered, they knew how to fight, they knew how to rule conquered areas, law, order, social freedoms... completely retarded politics and massive historical lies. Good stuff.

Oh yea. Rome is another favourite of mine too.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 4:30:01 PM
Bah, screw the Roman Empire.
British Empire FTW.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 4:38:12 PM
At 8/3/2010 4:33:58 PM, badger wrote:
At 8/3/2010 4:30:01 PM, tvellalott wrote:
British Empire FTW.

really...

Really.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:24:33 PM
At 8/3/2010 4:30:01 PM, tvellalott wrote:
British Empire FTW.

Imperialist!

Nah, jk. The Roman empire was too. ;P
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:45:01 PM
Ancient Greece because everyone sat around having philosophical symposiums all the time.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat