Jump to topic:

DDO Beta RPG Game

Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 1:08:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have been watching the DDO D&D Game Thread going on and it inspired me. So I decided to start my own RPG game on DDO. Now I am to lazy and cheap to buy all of the things needed to run a D&D game so I have made my own game. Part fantasy and adventure, part creativity and imagination, mostly plagiarism; however since it is a brand new creation I need some guinea pigs to test it on. So if you want to help test a DDO RPG forum game sign up below. I figure we need about 5 main players and 3 observers/backup players. I will give out the details when I have a full roster.
Main Player
Observers
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 1:58:14 PM
At 8/3/2010 1:52:16 PM, Puck wrote:
1. Panda
2. Puck
Observers
1. Kahvan
2. InsertNameHere

btw the current DnD game is running on free to access, public rules ...
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:15:18 PM
1. Panda
2. Puck
3. Ninja_Tru
4. Korashk
Observers
1. Kahvan
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:17:44 PM
At 8/3/2010 2:12:39 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
StrikeEagle, can you give us a rough outline of the game?

It is the same premise as D&D characters role play through an adventure and a moderator (me in this case) will be refree, NPC's and most of the stuff a DM does. But it has a much different, race, class, leveling, skill and abilities system. It has a quite different combat system.
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:20:14 PM
At 8/3/2010 2:17:44 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 8/3/2010 2:12:39 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
StrikeEagle, can you give us a rough outline of the game?

It is the same premise as D&D characters role play through an adventure and a moderator (me in this case) will be refree, NPC's and most of the stuff a DM does. But it has a much different, race, class, leveling, skill and abilities system. It has a quite different combat system.

Saying "it's D&D, but different" is just a repetition of your original post. I'd like to actually know about some of the differences.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:22:35 PM
At 8/3/2010 2:20:14 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Saying "it's D&D, but different" is just a repetition of your original post. I'd like to actually know about some of the differences.

We all have spiky weird hair, go around talking to pictures on cards and wear huge things on our arm just to draw cards from a deck. >.>
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:25:49 PM
And whenever a roll gets fudged it's the heart of the cards?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:27:42 PM
heart of the cards demands his version of Edwina gets straight 18s in abilities. And an LA +2 template with no LA or other penalty.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:29:25 PM
At 8/3/2010 2:27:42 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
heart of the cards demands his version of Edwina gets straight 18s in abilities. And an LA +2 template with no LA or other penalty.

All you need to do is believe.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:32:07 PM
At 8/3/2010 2:27:42 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Edwina is already a beast without all that stuff.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:39:36 PM
At 8/3/2010 2:22:35 PM, Puck wrote:
At 8/3/2010 2:20:14 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

We all have spiky weird hair, go around talking to pictures on cards and wear huge things on our arm just to draw cards from a deck. >.>

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:41:07 PM
Okay it is still a work in progress but.
You will select a one of the three primary classes (mage, rouge, warrior) and a race (Night Elf, High Elf, Wood Elf, Mountain Dwarf, Hill Dawrf, Hafling, Wild Man, Man of the Kingdom of one of the two kingdoms present in the game).
Following that you will be given a certain amount of skill points to spend in several different attribute areas (constitution, intellect, strength, etc) which ultimately contribute to your attack, defence, health, and magic abilities.
Then you will navigate around the world defeating monsters, completing quests, saving the world all of the usual hero stuff.
Every 10 levels you will have an option of choosing a new class the choice will be based on what your previous class was. i.e. the Mage has the option of becoming White Wizard, Black Wizard, Red Wizard at lvl 10.
Leveling up occurs as you defeat monsters and complete quests.
Each class will introduce you to a new set of abilities skills and spells (in addition you will still posses your previous ones)
The combat system is still being worked out but should be finished as early as tonight.
Play is going to occur much as it does in the D&D Game Forums, you will announce what your character is doing or is going to do. Would you like me to elaborate more?

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:44:28 PM
At 8/3/2010 2:42:37 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
How does the turn system work?

It will matter less in non combat situations but in combat it will be an initiative system much like in D&D (although with less dependence upon luck) in non combat probably in some predefined although loosely followed order

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:46:02 PM
I have to go to work now but I will try and post full rules and details when I get back. I would like it to be remembered that this is a game in progress and I am totally open to suggestions and modifications to the rules

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:46:07 PM
No clerics?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:48:05 PM
At 8/3/2010 2:46:07 PM, Korashk wrote:
No clerics?

I'd guess that's the "White Wizard," and possibly a "red wizard" to a lesser extent.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:48:45 PM
No clerics?

At level 20 if you advanced into a white wizard you have the option of becoming a cleric. It is a tree type system every 10 levels you get to choose a new class so you could start off as a Mage ->White Wizard->Cleric->Zealot or could go Mage->Red Wizard->Combat Wizard-> Etc there are many different options and in total more than a dozen classes that will ultimately be available

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 2:49:30 PM
At 8/3/2010 2:48:40 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 8/3/2010 2:48:05 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
No clerics?

I'd guess that's the "White Wizard," and possibly a "red wizard" to a lesser extent.

I personally would prefer to see a wider range of classes.

The entire class system has been finished yet but I will post what I have tonight

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:34:27 PM
So here is the class tree in so far as I have developed it as yet, it isn't complete and not really that good. I am very open to suggestions, tips and advice.
(Legal Note: The following is the intellectual property of Strike Eagle Productions, a subsidiary of Hunter Poe Productions, any reproduction, redistribution or attempt to claim credit for the following work is illegal and will be subject to the fullest extent of the law)

When you first start you can choose one of the three base classes
Mage: Mages are the wielders of magic and seek power and knowledge above all else. They attempt to defeat their enemies through the wielding of powerful magics. This emphasis on raw magic however has its downsides as it leaves them very vulnerable to physical attacks. They are in the words of William Goldman "looks like a skinny... guy that would be fun to rob". They work very well when paired with a warrior.

Warrior: The Warrior class are the first to a fight and the last to flee. They are masters of all types of weaponry. However they prefer to use brawn over brain in many situations and this can often land them into trouble. But the warrior are still very powerful and brave fighters that are an essential part of any adventuring group.

Rouge: The rouges are everybody else in the world. They are the masters of ranged weaponry, and close quarters combat. They are quite troublesome though and very rarely have the good sense to shut up when it is needed. They are brighter than most Warriors but still are not quite as powerful as the Mages in terms of magic.

When you get level 10 with a mage you can then choose a new tier 2 class to become part of (when you level you still retain the abilities you gained in the first level of magehood)

Black Mage: Black Mages subscribe to the philosophy "the best defense is a good offense" and they practice it mages of the black robes place emphasis on offensive magics and like to cause damage to the enemy.

White Mage: White Mages have chosen the path of healing and light. They place a high emphasis on healing and aiding magics. They are a valuable addition to any party and can do much good.

Red Mages: Red Mages are the middle ground between the Black and White robes they place little emphasis on loyalty and are the favorite magic users of Generals and Kings because they will often fight for the highest bidder. However Red Mages are often looked down upon by their other magical brethren because of their lack of affiliation with either side. But Red Mages still wield the power of both magics, they will not become as strong as the members of the other orders of Magedom but are still a force to be with reckoned with.

When you reach Level 20 With White Mages you can level into
Cleric: Clerics are holy mages that are very adapt at healing and aiding fellow members, they also are very effective fighters against demons and the undead.

Nature Wizard: Nature Wizards are those that have chosen to utilize nature magics in order to aid them and their allies. They are equally potent in defense and offense

White Wizard: White Wizards are those that have chosen to stay on the path of "pure" magic and wield even more powerful aiding magics than do the White Mages.

When you attain Level 20 with a black mage you can choose to join one of the three classes of
Necromancer: Necromancers are those who have chosen to study dark magic and utilize the power of the dead and death to triumph over their foes, they are especially disliking of clerics

Warlock: Warlocks are those that have chosen to attempt to channel demonic magics to curse their foes and strengthen their own power they however have sold their souls to the magic and lust for it and will do anything in order to gain more power and magic.

Cultist: Unlike Warlocks who try to channel demonic magic, Cultists actually try and summon demons and demonic powers to aid them.

Red Mages upon reaching level 20 can choose to become a member of one of these classes
White Mage: See above
Black Mage: See above
Combat Mage: Combat Mages have said adieu to the idea of crusty old mages sitting far from the center of conflict and will charge in with a sword in one hand and a magic bolt in the other. They are not as powerful in magic as the traditional mage, but they are considerably tougher and can much better look after themselves.

Level 30 When reaching level thirty members of the magic class can evolve into the following.

Necromancer can turn into
Summomancer: Summomancers have chosen to emphasize the power of necromancers to call undead lackeys into their service. They can summon entire armies of the undead into their service.

Bonemancer: Bonemancers seek to be one with the powers of death that they wield and work to use the magics of undeath to aid and protect their own selfs and destroy their enemies.

Voodoomancer: Unlike their Summomancer brothers Voodoomancers control the powers of the souls of the dead rather than the bodies of the dead.

Warlocks convert to
Chaos Warlocks: Chaos Warlocks manipulate the powers of Chaos to destroy order in all of its forms. Most especially the forces of it's enemies. One of the results of being so close to the raw forces of nature is that many Chaos Warlocks tend to degenerate mentally as they progress.

Magic Devourer: Magic Devourers have become so consumed with their lust for magic that they seek to steal it from fellow magic users and simply consume the power therein.

Demonic Wizard: The name is slightly misleading, these are not actually demons who practice wizardry, but rather Wizards who seek to exercise the same power that do the demons, and further channel the powers of the demons to decimate their foes.

Cultists become
Death Knights: Death Knights are those that have taken up sword in the name of darkness. They wield unholy magics and evil blades to slay those that would attempt to stop them.

Unholy Servant: Unholy Servants choose to give their own life energies for the more power, as such many carry disfiguring scars and horrible mutilations all self inflicted. Their powerful magical abilities often are just as strong as their faces are repulsive.

Ritualist: Ritualists rather than trying to practice their own magic seek to someone demons to do their bidding, however the lifespan of a ritualist are very short as demons are powerful entities that are as likely to pull your throat out as they are to eat your opponent.

(due to character limit I continue the list in the next thread.)

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:43:53 PM
Dibs on becoming a combat mage.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:59:10 PM
At level 30 a Combat Mage can advance into the ranks of
Battle Wizard: They are the more advanced form of the combat mage and will decimate you with a sword in their right hand while setting you on fire with a firebolt in their left. They are almost as effective as the greatest of warriors in hand to hand combat.

Artillery Wizard: Artillery Wizards are those that damage a large amount of enemies at once with one blast from behind the lines "Artillery adds dignity to what otherwise would be a vulgar brawl"

Magician: Magicians take a deviant path from others that have taken the robes of red, they use conjurations and illusions to confuse and trick their enemies and then striking a low blow on the enemies back

Clerics can become
Paladins: Paladins are holy warriors that combine the most powerful of holy magics with great strength which they derive from the power of light. They excercise quick and powerful judgement upon all those who threaten peace, order, stability, and the light.

Priest(es): Priests are those who have devoted their life to the service of a particular god and use the blessings bestowed upon them by their patron to do the will of the gods

Zealot: Zealots are fanatics that have buried themselves in magic and the light. They have thus become determined to destroy all darkness in the world and have only the light. They are the intellectual wing of the Paladins.

Nature Wizards advance into the ranks of
Druid: Druids have chosen to become completely immersed in the wonders and mysterys of the wild by using their powers to actually take the forms of beasts in order to destroy all that harm nature or pose threats to the wild

Beastmaster: Beastmasters are those that summon beasts to their aid in order to stop those that pose threats to themselves. With the powers vested in them they summon all the powers of the beasts to destroy their enemies.

Flora Wizard(name suggestions welcome) are those that use the power of plants to strangle and bring down those that oppose them.

White Wizard become
Augmentation Wizard: These wizards are some of the greatest assets to a party these wizards use very powerful spells to greatly increase the abilities and powers of their allies much to the detriment of their enemies.

Medic Wizard: Medic Wizards have chosen to devote their entire career to using magic to heal and their ultimate aim is to find a way to become immortal through the use of medical magic

Arch Wizard: Arch Wizards are those that have progressed very far into the field of magic and now have great mastery over almost all things, they are the truest practitioner of magic and look down upon those whom they consider lesser brethren.

That concludes the magical class tree

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote