Jump to topic:

RPGWJM Mafia Sign-Ups

wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 4:22:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
This game is expected to go much faster and be much more successful than Ragnar's because it has significantly fewer members and occurs during the summer instead of during the school year. I expect it to last 1 to 2 weeks.

For those unfamiliar with DDO-RPG, it allows players freedom to do whatever with their character through the PMs with the moderator (me).

I have added a few features to add structure to the game. For instance, accuracy of bullets fired is not based on my whim, but on stats assigned to each player and the map is also set and limits the movement of players. There is more, but I don't want to give anything away.

in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 4:42:54 PM
At 8/3/2010 4:42:00 PM, Kahvan wrote:
At 8/3/2010 4:41:24 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
3. SportsGuru
7. mongeese

cancel that actually, i prob wont be able to be on as much as i would like for the next week and a half
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 4:50:50 PM
I'm probably gonna pass on the next few small games (we're in the process of moving) but if there's a back-up list I'll sign up for that.
President of DDO
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:05:43 PM
At 8/3/2010 4:54:48 PM, mongeese wrote:
1. LeafRod
2. mongoose
3. SportsGuru
5. Alex
7. mongeese
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:21:17 PM
At 8/3/2010 5:17:20 PM, wjmelements wrote:
1. LeafRod
2. mongoose
3. SportsGuru
5. Alex
6. InsertNameHere
7. mongeese

I'm not sure how this works, but I suppose I'll try.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:22:22 PM
1. LeafRod
2. mongoose
3. SportsGuru
5. Alex
6. InsertNameHere
7. mongeese
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:25:18 PM
At 8/3/2010 5:21:17 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm not sure how this works

The town is still trying to kill the mafia and the mafia are still trying to take over the town. You traverse the town as a character, which you have the liberty to govern, within certain limits. You have goals and you win if you accomplish them.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 6:54:07 PM
==EXPLANATION==
Players have partial freedom. Each will be assigned various statistics and goals that define their character. Players win by accomplishing their goals. You govern your character through your role PM. Note that there is no public thread, though it is conceivable that such a scenario could be arranged by the players.
There is no day or night phase; there is only time. This means that there is no limit on lynchings, night kills, night investigations, etc. Sleeping is recommended though.
All attributes, except for money, are of 100.
50 more strength for a lynch than against within 100 feet of the gallows with a fresh rope will carry out a lynch.
The gallows can only hold one person at a time.
No character may leave the map's boundaries. The map can be found in my photo album entitled "Mafia Games."
Everyone owns a 2011 Ford Mustang that is parked on the street in front of their house.
At the start of the game, everyone is at home, and the time is 8:00 AM, Monday.

This game has now started.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:25:44 PM
A quick explanation of phones: for convenience, your home and cell phones are linked. You can retrieve and send texts only through your cell phone. You cannot do that from your home phone. Both exist, and both ring if your number is called.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 9:52:30 PM
Is this mafia? I'm confused...
I'll sign up as an extra though.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 7:37:58 AM
Out of curiosity - Is this really a mafia game? The set-up seems entirely different, the roles are probably entirely different, the number of players and structure and setting is different... meh... why have this be a 'mafia' game and not just a regular game? For instance, Ragnar is holding a D&D game and he didn't hafta wait in the mafia line to do it. I'm just wondering because I know some people don't like RPGs (like Nags, myself) so why is an RPG substituting mafia and holding up the mafia line?
President of DDO
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 11:23:49 AM
At 8/4/2010 7:37:58 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Out of curiosity - Is this really a mafia game? The set-up seems entirely different, the roles are probably entirely different, the number of players and structure and setting is different... meh... why have this be a 'mafia' game and not just a regular game? For instance, Ragnar is holding a D&D game and he didn't hafta wait in the mafia line to do it. I'm just wondering because I know some people don't like RPGs (like Nags, myself) so why is an RPG substituting mafia and holding up the mafia line?

are you suggesting someone add a RPG game que to the mafia ques?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 1:38:14 PM
At 8/4/2010 7:37:58 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Rant

Didn't we determine that we can do multiple small games at once? I'm holding up no line.