Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

~~Requiem for a Dream Results~~

xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:36:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Congratz Mafia on the victory.

Winning Players
Leafrod--You are Big Tim, the MAFIA GODFATHER. In the movie you don't sell drugs, you only give out for pvssy, and your addicted to it. That really doesn't matter though as you will turn up innocent upon investigation. You win with the Mafia.

Mongoose--You are Uncle Hank, the MAFIA ROLE BLOCKER. During any night phase you may choose one person and block their night actions. You win with the Mafia.

tv--You are The White Driver, the MAFIA ONE SHOT HIT-MAN. During any night phase you may choose one player and kill them. However you MUST use this role before the end of the 3rd night phase. You win with the Mafia.

Mongeese--You are the Stupid Fvcking Junkie, the VANILLA MAFIA. However you are not fully vanilla, if you can manage to stay alive until the end of the 4th day phase then you will cause a certain 3 townies to lose a privilege that comes with their role.

Losing Players
alexrae--You are Donut Cop, the COP. During any night phase you may select a player and be told whether they are innocent or guilty. You win with the Town.

SportsGuru--You are Dr. Pill, the "DOCTOR". During the night phase you may choose one person to protect from death. You win with the Town. (The naive Doctor, hence the "quotation marks")

Palinfan--You are Mr. Rabinowitz, the PAWN SHOP OWNER. In and before the movie you constantly purchase a tv from the druggies so that they can have money for drugs. However due to your small role in the movie your role will follow the warlock role. During the night phase you will submit to me the name of the character you think will be lynched during the day phase. You win if you pick the correct person.

Alex_Hanson--You are Dr. Spencer, the DOCTOR. During the night phase you may choose one person to protect from death, just as you saved Sarah Goldfarb's life in the movie. You win with the Town.

WJM--You are Tyrone C. Love, the DRUG ADDICT. This role is similar to the JOAT role in the manner that you have multiple role powers. Every night phase you will choose one of the three drugs you did in the movie (Dilaudid, Marijuana, and Speed). Depending on the drug you choose you will obtain a certain role power for that night phase. However their will also be a negative side effect to the drug you choose. This side effect can not be avoided and will be in effect regardless of whether or not you use your role. You win with the Town.

Korashk--You are Marion Silver, the DRUG ADDICT. This role is similar to the JOAT role in the manner that you have multiple role powers. Every night phase you will choose one of the three drugs you did in the movie (Cocaine and Speed). Depending on the drug you choose you will obtain a certain role power for that night phase. However their will also be a negative side effect to the drug you choose. This side effect can not be avoided and will be in effect regardless of whether or not you use your role. You win with the Town.

Badger--You are Harry Goldfarb, the DRUG ADDICT. This role is similar to the JOAT role in the manner that you have multiple role powers. Every night phase you will choose one of the three drugs you did in the movie (Dilaudid, Marijuana, and Speed). Depending on the drug you choose you will obtain a certain role power for that night phase. However their will also be a negative side effect to the drug you choose. This side effect can not be avoided and will be in effect regardless of whether or not you use your role. You win with the Town.

Jblake--You are Sarah Goldfarb, the OLD LADY. During the movie you begin taking diet pills as you were chosen to be on tv, and you are trying to fit into a red dress. However the pills you are given are not all that good for you. You are essentially a vanilla townie, however if you are not targeted by the doctor by the end of the 3rd night phase then you will die. You win with the Town.

Actions
NIGHT PHASE ONE

SportsGuru- *submitted*
Korashk- (took speed) Inquirer Role\Must vote by 8th page S/E
(asked, "characters in game?")
WJM- (took Dilaudid) Jail-Keeper Role\5 page silence S/E
(targets badger)
Badger- (took Marijuana) Politician Role\Only vote once S/E
Mongoose- Blocks Palinfan
Mafia Kills WJM
TV Kills Jblake

Recap
Looking back I originally thought that the town would be quite overpowered. Having the three drug addicts in a pm from the very beginning of the game. However during day phase one when both doctors came out it created a confrontation between the two. Sportsguru tried convincing the town that alex_hanson was lying because Dr. Spencer "never" saved Sarah Goldfarbs life... however he did, as he was the doctor at the end of the movie at the hospital she was checked in to. The person that came into the conflict that may I note was not even in the game "Arnold the Shrink", is actually Marion Silver's ex-boyfriend who she has dinner with twice and fvcks to get money for drugs. With the only real doctor being lynched the mafia was able to get off a night kill without a hitch.

During night phase one Korashk came upon the ability of being able to ask me any question. Doing so he asked me who the characters in the game were. He, along with the other drug addicts (as he shared the info) then acquired a list of EVERY character in the game, thus they were able to see Mongoose (or geese?) claim of party animal was complete bs. Yet they didn't have a chance to really bring this to the town as SG screen capped his role pm ending with him getting mod killed.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:38:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You usually do not have naive or fake roles unless there is no real role to prevent them from cc-ing and the town killing both.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:41:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 7:38:45 PM, wjmelements wrote:
You usually do not have naive or fake roles unless there is no real role to prevent them from cc-ing and the town killing both.

Yes; and Korashk getting the info did not matter because they would have lynched me, as shown by Korashk himself voting for me.

If you had simply stated I was a flavor doctor, but not told me which, this would have left the mystery without the town killing itself by having the two roles killed
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:43:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 7:41:22 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 8/3/2010 7:38:45 PM, wjmelements wrote:
You usually do not have naive or fake roles unless there is no real role to prevent them from cc-ing and the town killing both.

Yes; and Korashk getting the info did not matter because they would have lynched me, as shown by Korashk himself voting for me.

If you had simply stated I was a flavor doctor, but not told me which, this would have left the mystery without the town killing itself by having the two roles killed

Haha sorry SG, i really hated you there for a minute.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:46:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Also when making flavor roles, there should be be a justification from the character's perspective as to why the flavor was there (Spencer, for example, could have been the naive doctor because he was unaware of the pain Sara was gong through till she brought it up)

Movie question: from the script, it seems Spencer just looks at her and sends her to somebody else, actually doing nothing. How is this saving one's life?

Or am I incorrect on this? I have not seen the movie
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:48:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
TV pretty much fvcked up the most. After alexs came up innocent he should have taken out SG.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:48:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 7:43:19 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
At 8/3/2010 7:41:22 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 8/3/2010 7:38:45 PM, wjmelements wrote:
You usually do not have naive or fake roles unless there is no real role to prevent them from cc-ing and the town killing both.

Yes; and Korashk getting the info did not matter because they would have lynched me, as shown by Korashk himself voting for me.

If you had simply stated I was a flavor doctor, but not told me which, this would have left the mystery without the town killing itself by having the two roles killed

Haha sorry SG, i really hated you there for a minute.

Don't worry, the feeling was getting mutual. That's probably the most emotional I've ever been in a mafia game

Heh, even if there was a lie detector, it would not have worked cause we were both telling the truth
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:49:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 7:48:02 PM, Korashk wrote:
TV pretty much fvcked up the most. After alexs came up innocent he should have taken out SG.

Nevermind
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:50:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 7:48:02 PM, Korashk wrote:
TV pretty much fvcked up the most. After alexs came up innocent he should have taken out SG.

I disagree. If he didn't do that, the town would lynch SportsGuru, putting the mafia up with another nl.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:50:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Wait, the mafia got TWO kills. That's pretty much BS.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:50:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 7:48:02 PM, Korashk wrote:
TV pretty much fvcked up the most. After alexs came up innocent he should have taken out SG.

Why; the town was going to lynch me anyway? By not killing me, he guaranteed that the mafia would win.

Whether intentional or not, its was a good play
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:50:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Oh and the drug that was not taken (cocaine) granted a 25% vig role power, and a side effect being that if anyone in the list above or below that player was killed by the mafia then the druggie would be silenced for the first 10 pages of the next day phase.
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:53:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I bet it was quite entertaining for the mafia to sit and watch as two townies argued over who was mafia.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 7:58:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 7:53:56 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
I bet it was quite entertaining for the mafia to sit and watch as two townies argued over who was mafia.

Yes, that was probably hilarious
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:01:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I think the town was rediculously UNDERPOWERED. The mafia had a vanilla, role-blocker, extra kill, and godfather. The town had a naive doctor, somebody who'd die in three days, a cop and doctor, no vigilante, a third-party, three odd roles, and whatever else.

could the question have been, "Who is the mafia?"
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:04:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 8:01:15 PM, mongoose wrote:
could the question have been, "Who is the mafia?"

We weren't allowed to ask anything related to affiliation. He wouldn't even let us ask who all may end up carrying out a night kill in the game.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:10:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The mafia figured out that he was naive early on, and knew alex was the real one, thus getting him lynched.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:15:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 8:10:22 PM, mongoose wrote:
The mafia figured out that he was naive early on, and knew alex was the real one, thus getting him lynched.

From what? the quotes?
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:16:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Yeah, the quotation marks seemed like such an obvious indication of naive-ness. I'm surprised nobody outside of the Mafia caught on.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:16:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 8:15:18 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 8/3/2010 8:10:22 PM, mongoose wrote:
The mafia figured out that he was naive early on, and knew alex was the real one, thus getting him lynched.

From what? the quotes?

Yep. "DOCTOR."
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:20:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Eventhough your not mafia, i don't see how i got lynched over you SG, I don't understand.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:21:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
One big criticism:

Giving the mafia a kill role in addition to their normal kill when the ratio is 1:3 gave them the ability to make any phase where a townie was lynched into a mislynch-lose situation for the town.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:21:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 8:16:15 PM, mongeese wrote:
Yeah, the quotation marks seemed like such an obvious indication of naive-ness. I'm surprised nobody outside of the Mafia caught on.

I briefly considered paranoid before the game started, you know ends up killing so is not really a doctor, but dismissed it and forgot about naive
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:23:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 8:20:30 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
Eventhough your not mafia, i don't see how i got lynched over you SG, I don't understand.

Because the entire mafia wanted you lynched.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:27:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 8:20:30 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
Eventhough your not mafia, i don't see how i got lynched over you SG, I don't understand.

I'm just that good? :P

lol; its because the mafia wanted you dead

also, I KNEW the bulletproof claim was bs
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:27:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 8:23:10 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 8/3/2010 8:20:30 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
Eventhough your not mafia, i don't see how i got lynched over you SG, I don't understand.

Because the entire mafia wanted you lynched.

Evenso, that's not enough votes to lynch me without some townies contributing. But it's a big part i guess.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:29:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 8:27:07 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 8/3/2010 8:20:30 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
Eventhough your not mafia, i don't see how i got lynched over you SG, I don't understand.

I'm just that good? :P

lol; its because the mafia wanted you dead

also, I KNEW the bulletproof claim was bs

If there was a vigilante, I'd have been dead. Is that why you didn't press for a lynch?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:30:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/3/2010 8:29:33 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 8/3/2010 8:27:07 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 8/3/2010 8:20:30 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
Eventhough your not mafia, i don't see how i got lynched over you SG, I don't understand.

I'm just that good? :P

lol; its because the mafia wanted you dead

also, I KNEW the bulletproof claim was bs

If there was a vigilante, I'd have been dead. Is that why you didn't press for a lynch?

If there was a vigilante they would likely have taken out SG. Understandably so.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:34:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I would still like to give my thanks to Korashk, who knew who the real doctor was all along, so thank you korashk :P
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 8:37:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Who did the cop investigate?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.